Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Hero - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinth View Post
- free, respawnable but loses LVL when dies.
Have said it alot,i like the hero reseting at lvl 1.

- customizable (how it looks) not only at the begining of the game (free), but later on in heroes house (cost wealth);
Of course,Hero customization is a great idea

- buildings: Heroes House (used for respawning , upgrades and customization);
This got me to thinking of a customizable house,could put trophies and acheivements inside it,make it veiwable/changeable interior.exterior.

- research: archery (the Hero can use a bow like archers and automatically switch to sword without shield in close combat)
I know orc hero has a bow/sword,and that female wardens have ranged and melee attack,not sure we'd need a skill for this,but just to add ranged attacks to the hero's,and add toggled ranged/melee stance,and i am all for this,cuz i like my wardens.

-mount (the Hero gets the ability to spawn a mount and fight as its race best mounted units)
Mounts are a great idea,nothing wrong with a hero on a horse/warg/unicorn,should provide extra stamina maybe,lowered defence against pikemen

Dragon riders and slayers,not so much in agreement with.People would expect to be able to level the dragon and the hero seperately,would say lets see what happens with dragons before considering this.
I actually disagree with hero reseting to lvl 1 since people can easily target him on PURPOSE to make you level him again. So just no. The grinding to get to 60 is annoying anyway.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:47 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
I actually disagree with hero reseting to lvl 1 since people can easily target him on PURPOSE to make you level him again. So just no. The grinding to get to 60 is annoying anyway.
if a mmo did " level and grind forever! But if you die, you restart at lvl1"- wonder how that mmo fares?
Old 01-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Don't forget ppl that you don't mach in pvp by lvl, but by army strength.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

theres nowhere in game that forces you to pvp with your hero,so if you use him,it would be use at own risk type deal
Old 01-10-2012, 01:05 AM

then would anyone use him? Only people willing to do so... -how will you level your hero if your scared to use him? What's the point of using a lvl1 hero when you got better units....that kills the purpose of the hero...and he is a singular unit after all.. ..your trying to turn DoF into HARDCORE when the game is casual ( at least..that's how its turning out to be )

And yeah..the game does sorta forces you to pvp /w hero..if someone just happens to pvp you...you don't get to change your army- oh wait a second, let me switch out my hero!. Unless...your willing to pay the payout prob.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

and lets not forget the hero by himself boosts the army strength by like 150 army str.I mean that's something that should be taken account off. If it was 1 army str for the hero I'd agree.but it's not.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist23 View Post
....that kills the purpose of the hero...
Hero can be used for questing and playing alone and hope in the future doing quests with youre friends.

Quote:
And yeah..the game does sorta forces you to pvp /w hero..if someone just happens to pvp you...you don't get to change your army- oh wait a second, let me switch out my hero!. Unless...your willing to pay the payout prob.
And what is the problem of paying them out ? You don't want to pvp with hero, you make another army (remember you can have 5 full armies) with lower strength, fewer units and the hero to do quests and after the units reach higher lvls and also your strength gets higher, you can always transfer them to the bigger battalion what you use to PVP and make new units for the Hero's quest army. Huh ? This game is not Saga or AoE:O and army creation has a reason in the game. Or would you like to have a Player LVL in the game that forbids You to pvp with other players if you are not their LVL and if you get their LVL and your not that good, to don't have fun in the game by getting attacked by only experienced players ? I know it sounded like it is now, and you'll say that we are already beaten by experienced players, but hey you have the possibility to lover army strength and not getting involved, or getting dragged in to pvp much less.

Last edited by szebus : 01-10-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
Hero can be used for questing and playing alone and hope in the future doing quests with youre friends.
with that comment i can't wait to storm a castle with fellow heroes slicing orcs throats ah so sweet and im sure this year we will be able to use combat magic.

edit: i have played many mmo's like sunshine were it is perma death but you can either play safe and just farm and trade and be a nice little dog or like my old character who is a dragon rider who ravages the land of any who serve the mountain kings, it truly is a epic way to play

Last edited by knightl : 01-10-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:33 PM

Feel free to name the VARIOUS mmos "edit: i have played many mmo's like sunshine were it is perma death" you have played that have PERMADEATH.

"Hero can be used for questing and playing alone and hope in the future doing quests with youre friends."

And so..during your questing - someone pvps you- oh no!!! payout or risk losing ur lvl50+ hero.

"What's wrong with payout?"

Someone people "new people" don't have the money or can't AFFORD to pay others out. That's the problem.

For your sake Knight, i'll do the work for you by simply going on WIKI

"Multiplayer games currently featuring permanent death
Diablo 2 allows players to create a 'hardcore' character with only one life.
Diablo 3 will also feature a 'hardcore' mode.
Minecraft allows players to play in 'hardcore' game mode.
Terraria allows players to create a 'hardcore' character with only one life.
Din's Curse has 'hardcore' mode and multiplayer
Sacred 2 features a hardcore mode for singleplayer as well as multiplayer.
Dofus runs a server where every character suffers permanent death upon defeat on any single combat.
DartMUD was started in 1991 with permanent death as a specific design decision. Characters may obtain rare 'soul amulets' to enable later reincarnation, and characters dying without such an amulet may be resurrected if healed before their body rots away.
Discworld MUD has circumstantial permanent death - characters begin with seven lives, which can be replaced in-game, but a player who dies with no lives remaining cannot be revived. PvP deaths do not reduce a player's life total.
Armageddon has featured permanent death almost from its inception, circa 1991.
BatMUD Hardcore has featured permanent death using a separate copy of the 'normal' server which opened in 2000. This was heavily inspired by Diablo II hardcore.
Lost Souls has circumstantial permanent death, with a store of replenishable lives that, if exhausted, leaves the character unable to be revived.
In Wurm Online, high level priests can choose to become Champions of their gods. While this makes them much more powerful, if they die three times, the character will permanently die. [Not Anymore]
In Cantr II, if a character dies, they cannot be revived in any fashion. A player is allowed to have several characters but each one starts with a blank slate and they cannot inherit memories or items from each other.
Similarly, in Darkwind, permanent death is employed, and players each control a team of characters. Characters also age, so that after about 30 in-game years they start to lose physical strength until they die of old age and accumulated wear-and-tear.
Permadeath is a defining feature of the multiplayer online game Realm of the Mad God, although in 2011, valuable amulets were added to the game which can save a character from death once before shattering."

Notice most of them are SINGLEPLAYER GAMERS OR SEVERLY OUTDATED ( OR TOTALLY UNPOPULAR OR TOTALLY NOT A MAINSTREAM GAME OR EVEN A RETAIL GAAME) I don't see any big name mmos.

Here's MORE proof why permadeath is UNPOPULAR

"Multiplayer games no longer featuring permanent death
Everquest had a special rules server called Discord for a brief period starting in December 2003 that featured permanent death.
Star Wars Galaxies had permadeath for Jedi characters for a short period, but later eliminated it.[8]
Sacred featured hardcore gameplay on ClosedNet servers only, which were shut down on February 1, 2009.
Hellgate London featured a permanent death mode for characters.[25] NamcoBandai games shut down the servers on January 31, 2009 but are making a comeback worldwide according to press release by Hanbisoft. The new name will be Hellgate: Resurrection.[26]
Gemstone IV featured a system in which permanent death happened if the character did not obtain favor in the form of "deeds" with the Goddess of death, Lorminstra, but this has been removed. If the character dies and is not resurrected by a cleric, the character will decay and meet Lorminstra after a period of time. Under the permanent death system, if the character had deeds, Lorminstra would guide the character back to life in a new body, with all of the character's equipment and free of wounds, but not of scars, and receive an experience penalty. If the character did not have deeds, Lorminstra would guide the character to his permanent resting place. Now, if the character does not have deeds, they will just receive a larger experience penalty than the one for characters with deeds.
Face of Mankind also claimed to have permadeath, but it did provide automatic respawning for dead characters via 'clone insurance', which was available for a trivial in-game fee. Characters also started with three free clones, more of which could be purchased very cheaply, so permadeath only occurred when players made an effort to use it to delete their characters, as no other option for character deletion was provided.
Sierra's Middle-earth Online (in 1999) planned to include permanent character death as a risk posed in certain encounters.[13] Development on this game halted and the rights later passed to Turbine, who released Lord of the Rings Online without permadeath in 2007.
The Survival Test and Indev versions of Minecraft featured permadeath. This feature is now optional.[27]"

Notice the big name mmos/games? Yeah they removed permadeath because it's UNPOPULAR with mainstream players. Case proven.

Resetting hero to lvl1 is akin to permadeath already. why level it when you know it's doomed to die and it sucks up army str/slots? And hey, it's a singular unit- big deal. i'm pretty sure DEVS already agree on no HERO Resets on death because it's common sense....

Last edited by buddhist23 : 01-10-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Someone people "new people" don't have the money or can't AFFORD to pay others out. That's the problem.
New players have protection time while questing and later on can buy protection from market and pay them not only with real money if that is the problem, but by questing.