Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

stronghold 3 - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Firefly said that he want's to bring back Stronghold "1" in this game but ... You all sad it right and i have nothing to say more, except that Stronghold Kingdoms even if it is a kind of browser game, is a much much better game than Stronghold 3.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:01 PM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

i loved both dragon ages
Old 12-01-2011, 07:11 AM

Tarsus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
bioware will fail with dragon age 3 for a good reason:They plan to keep the parts they added to DA2. In other words it will still be fast attack style ,recycled areas and boring quests.That's basically what made DA2 fail. Trying to please old fans and also kids who like fast action games.Go figure why us mature DA:O fans don't like DA2 when you see the warrior in DA 2 with 2 handed hammers acting as if he had a toy hammer,mage acting like a martial artist with his staff and rogue jumping all over the place and teleporting behind the enemies,you know something is wrong.

And apparently the staff were proud of their work on DA2 and got mad on the fans who didn't liked their work .So apparently it's our mistake for not appreciating their new style. Oh and I forgot to add they removed choices and dialog from DA2. you know how you could have choices on the ashes,werewolves/elves ,dwarf king and so on?that's gone or leads to same events. And the dialog is so lame that instead of the usual choices they went with a ''funny '' dialog, arrogant dialog or nice(good person) dialog. No more choices,you can just pick good,bad or jester and that's about it.Yep big improvement from DA:O to DA2.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, when series or company goes to EA, it is never coming back for air. Rush, rince, repeat - Next. At least we have the mod kits for DA:O so there will be life after the series has died a horrible butchered death, for years to come.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Eaglecrys has good reputation

I loved all the previous stronghold games played them forever it seems lol. Redownloaded alot of my old ones so my wife and kids could mess around on them. Now DoF is out and it is what I play.

I would 100% agree though that stronghold 3 is crap. So excited such a HUGE let down. Almost seems more like hey we know we will get your money just because of our past
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 PM

Zackreaver has fair reputation
Default Forum Post = Sold Product

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
I`ve played every single Firefly game - and I think that shows in some of Dawn of Fantasy`s design - we were definitely influenced by Stronghold games. And there I was picking up Stronghold 3 - thinking - maybe I`ll see some cool stuff - some gameplay ideas to include in DoF or our next game…
Well - let me put it mildly - I didn`t see any ideas worth “copying”. I do think I got my 50$ worth though - Stronghold 3 made me feel great about our own DoF`s release - sure DoF has bugs, but woah… at least game installs in English and not French. And we do patch like 10X more...

Hello there, feel I should come out and say this. I was so hoping that stronghold 3 would fix the problems that firefly has been making with their sequels, such a high amount of dissappointment I came accross from finally seeing it.

I have to say though, I have been keeping my eye on DoF for a while now, and I played the closed beta/open beta, and had my doubts on whether or not the game was something truly for me.

I first had interest in DoF because it looked like the MMORTS version of stronghold that I always wanted, but I let my beta experience sort of turn me off (Discovering I couldn't design my own castle design was the major part)

But now, after realizing that all hope with firefly is just gone, I realized that DoF is quite possibly the exact game I've wanted to follow.

And I have Konstantin to thank directly, As a CEO it has a huge impact when you post in your forum about your experiences with a game, especially stating the influence that stronghold games have had on your games development. There is no greater persuasion to buy a product, than when the CEO comes out and says exactly what people have on their mind.

I definately want to support a company like this, and though I may have been a poor tester (judging a game based on it's beta performance) I feel that developers that stay in touch with their community is definately the best way to go.

Basically, this is a dramatic way of me saying, WOW the CEO likes the things I like, I wanna support you, your forum post just made me finally cop out and buy the game See you all online.

PS. that doesn't mean I didn't like beta testing the game, I just originally thought it wasn't what I was looking for, but then I realized their inspiration came from the same game, that made me want to play this in the first place, so I might want to stick around and be a supporter.

Last edited by Zackreaver : 12-02-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I was going to buy stronghold 3 as i lived stronghold 2,,, but i think i rather play dof instead.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:09 PM

Zackreaver has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
I was going to buy stronghold 3 as i lived stronghold 2,,, but i think i rather play dof instead.
DoF is a superior game, simply because DoF has the dev team that actually gives a rats ass
Old 01-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Perkons has a default reputation

Former Firefly fan here Something like Heroes IV
Old 01-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkons View Post
Former Firefly fan here Something like Heroes IV
Yeah, you got it right. Stonghold 3 to stronghold series is like Heroes 4 to heroes series. )
Old 01-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I'm not telling you guys what to do here,,, it would be interesting to see a flood of people go onto firefly studios forum and tell all the angry people that want their 50$ back to know and become aware of dof's very small existence. Save some heartbroken sh3 fans some hurt of not having there game the way they wanted it...?

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.