Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

French and German fan-translators wanted! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default French and German fan-translators wanted!

Reverie World Studios is looking for French and German players to help translate marketing materials and news into French and German languages. This job will only take few hours each week and will help spread the word about the game through our PR agency and grow Dawn of Fantasy`s French and German communities. Please check details of this community opening.

Requirements:
1. Fluent in written English and French/German
2. Available for 1 to 2 hour translation projects on a 24 notice.
3. Translating Marketing press release and news for immediate release
4. As a bonus - help with promoting the game to French and German speaking media

Benefits
1. Full game Translator credit added to in-game Credits that can be used in Resumes
2. After 2 week period - 1,200 in-game currency points.
3. Helping shape French and German Dawn of Fantasy community
5. After 4 week period free cd keys to give friends and family or ebay, a free copy of the game!

UPDATE - French Positions have been filled. Looking for a German translator.

To apply please send us an e-mail @ konstatin@reverieworld.com. Please include details on the languages spoken, your availability, and best way to contact you. As well as any info about yourself or any previous experience you can reference. If you have any contacts with the French/German media we can use please don`t hesitate to mention this in your e-mail.

If you have any questions - please ask away in this post.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 01-14-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:53 AM

crazyb0b is just below average reputation

If you guys are trying to spread the word about your game more and more, you should start contacting gaming sites like Massively.com, mmorpg.com, etc, etc.

Whenever you have news you want to get out (they may or may not post it) just inform them and you should get a little bit of an article if it is news worthy. If you can release news on a weekly/by-weekly basis you may even be able to get put into Massively.com's "Not So Massively" column where it reports on different games that are online, but not quite mmos (like LoL, DoTA, HoN, D3, etc). This link is to the most recent "not so massively" column to give you an idea of what it is (http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...ate-and-more/). You could start re-releasing the reveals you did with your Fantasy Friday media releases. Have some contests in game (with cash shop currency reward for the winner) for your players to make videos to show one specific aspect of the game (short trailers) and have those sent to them as well.

edit: Also, if you are trying to up your revenue stream, you need to get more customization out asap and sell it in the cash shop. Everyone wants to be different, especially with your heroes. People pay stupid amounts of money on trying to be different in a game.

Release (in game) items that increase your hero's stats. Things like weapons, armors, etc of all different types. Then sell custom "skins" for said items in the cash shop.
Heck, you could even go so far as to put in an upgrading option to make the stats better (think +1- 10 fortifying). Have the upgrade items attainable (to a degree) in game, and sell them in the cash shops as well. Sell items that give you a higher chance of upgrade success or prevent a failure from breaking/downgrading the upgrade level. So many different things that can be done with your cash shop to increase your revenue streams. Cosmetic pets to follow your hero, mounts, etc, etc. I know it would take dev time away from fixing bugs, but it seems you guys are starting to get strapped for cash and need to start doing these things to keep the ball rolling.

Just spit balling some more ideas here. I don't know what your progression table looks like for the game, but at some point you could add the ability to access your keep (think instanced housing) where others could come in and join you. Sell deco items in the cash shop. Customization and options is key to making money with a f2p game.

I haven't played the game since beta, but those things would be huge sellers to almost everyone. I know I for one (once the game is done patching) would pay a good bit of money on those things.

Last edited by crazyb0b : 01-14-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Welcome to community Crazyb0b and thanks for the feedback. As you might notice Massively already had our articles and even promos all over their website. And as far as your idea for hero gear sold in the shop - great idea (first time we hear it from a player actually) - and yes we are working on that - basic version of this should be live in a few weeks - as we want to do it right with a lot of options and customization.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:43 PM

crazyb0b is just below average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post

Welcome to community Crazyb0b and thanks for the feedback. As you might notice Massively already had our articles and even promos all over their website. And as far as your idea for hero gear sold in the shop - great idea (first time we hear it from a player actually) - and yes we are working on that - basic version of this should be live in a few weeks - as we want to do it right with a lot of options and customization.
I would say selling actual items in the store is a very bad idea. Selling "skins" to items that you can get in the game is a good idea. Unless of course they are purely cosmetic. If so, disregard the next few lines of text.

I have played a lot of f2p/p2p games and people DESPISE actual weapons/armor being sold in a store. It would probably cause you to lose players out of spite of a "pay to win" mentality they would take of the game whereas if you sell a cosmetic "skin" of an item you can get in game would allow people to still spend the same amount of money, but not absolutely hate your company.

Seriously, putting actual weapons/armor in the cash shop will turn your company into Satan in the eyes of 99% of gamers.

edit: Per the conversation on massively, I was talking about a more long term coverage instead of random articles here and there. Getting a position in the "not so massively" would be be a huge marketing boost for this game.

Last edited by crazyb0b : 01-14-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:58 AM

Lloyd Shade has a default reputation

As I wrote in my game suggestion post ( http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5740 ), I would be glad to help with the game translation in French.

Right know, my feeling on the current translation is more or less: "well, at least they tried". The translation quality range from poor to average, is nonexistent in various locations and that's without mentioning some missing characters. French voices are good, but the text (so most of the game dialog) is terrible. It looks like a hasty, incomplete job.

I've done the tutorial of DoF in English (no choice actually, even if the game is set to French, this part is still in English) and that was really nice. I could grasp the feeling of a medieval-ish counsellor. Back to French, this feeling is gone and reading the text becomes a lot more boring.

On that matter, I can help you, apparently a lot. From the first post, I see your French team is complete. Since that was in early January, I believe the game now shows their work (I only got the game by the end of March). I don't know how hard they worked, but unfortunately, it was not hard enough.

If I can have a document with all the game text in my hands (including menu, short descriptions and button names), I would need a week, two max, and I could translate your entire game to a proper (and inspiring) French and send you back the document.

I don't need, nor seek any kind of reward.

Thanks,
Lloyd Shade
Old 04-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Hey Lloyd Shade,

Thank you for your interest in helping to improve Dawn of Fantasy, we do appreciate it.

The positions mentioned in this thread were for translating marketing materials to go to non-English websites, not for translating in-game text.

The in-game text was translated by translation companies hired by our ex-publisher and as we have no fluent French speakers in our small team we were unable to verify the accuracy (or retention of flavour and nuance) of the translations.

Any text added since our split with our ex-publisher has either been translated using tools such as Google translate (if it was a small amount of text) or left untranslated (like the tutorials).

I know you're offering to do more, but as a start, if you'd like, we can give you the text for the tutorials to translate into French and go from there.

Quote:
I don't need, nor seek any kind of reward.
That's good because we don't have the money to pay current staff let alone anyone new, although, we might give some in-game Influence as a token of our appreciation.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 AM

Lloyd Shade has a default reputation

Thank you for your consideration.

I would gladly translate your tutorials. You can send me the text to the email address in my profile or as a private message.

Thanks,
Lloyd Shade