Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Repost idea - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules
Default Repost idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist23 View Post
how about we just have a SELECTION of dragons from which we own but we can only deploy one. That way..you keep it limited..and somewhat rare and the player can always slot out dragons for another..in case it dies and has a respawn timer, etc...

"also-- one of my red dragons have gone missing..."

Since it seemed like a public suggestion ;]
Old 01-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

It could work but what about players who like to loose whole dragon armies ?

If done this way, it would be nice to have a dragon lair from where to deploy them and still keep the lvl loss for dragons.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
It could work but what about players who like to loose whole dragon armies ?

If done this way, it would be nice to have a dragon lair from where to deploy them and still keep the lvl loss for dragons.
Ummm screw those players? Game is supposed to be "somewhat" casual- and by letting players use dragon only armies: yeah now your just making fun of the game.

Dragons are supposed to be RARE- and by making them common: your destroying that rarity. Keep what little LORE this game has in-game.
no offense or anything...

Dragon lair is a good idea but i think an ingame menu like the market would work just as well. Still, a dragon lair building would be nice..i could build it far away from my town ;]
Old 01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Eaglecrys has good reputation

one of the original concepts and design ideas behind this game was to have a dragon playable race. something that is all together Rare in any games that are out right now.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

To add to buddhist23's "Rarity"...
The main problem we are having here is Inflation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation) of dragons.

Unlike heroes, dragons can be easily bought without any deflation meaning they never die so the dragon population is rising faster than any other units in the game because there is no equilibrium of inflation/deflation.

Down the road we will have no choice but to enable dragon death no matter what. It is pretty much impossible not to have it without ruining the game and making it into 'dragon wars' your 8 royals vs my 6 royals and ice and haunter! I will most likely add the grace period that was in the vote for dragons deaths:

"4. Dragon Resurrection/Respawn if under level 10 (dragons get to level 10 after only around 1900-2000 kills, Skill will not be reset on resurrection. After the dragon gets to level 10 it changes to a dragon that can die and wont ever come back."

Another idea would be to limit each army to 1 dragon only this would limit a player to 5 dragons on world map not including homeland.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5029

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 01-05-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
"4. Dragon Resurrection/Respawn if under level 10 (dragons get to level 10 after only around 1900-2000 kills, Skill will not be reset on resurrection. After the dragon gets to level 10 it changes to a dragon that can die and wont ever come back."
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5029

This one, YES, I like the idea because this way a player can enjoy and expertise enough with a Dragon and later he knows the capabilities of his/her dragon and should know how to take care of him not to loose it.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 AM

Don't enable death for holiday dragons though ;P-- another system needed for them.