Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Patch # 1.1.6 - Back to Work! - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

Didnt think people would agree with the dragon thing,but seems in general,we all think something should be done.Dragons are supposed to be rare,I wouldnt be opposed to them becoming a type of vanity item myself.

Dont get me wrong I dont want to lose my ice,nor the haunter if i get him back from todays mishaps lol.

Suppose now all that needs to be done is getting the players to agree to something the devs are willing to do.Would think if one or more of the devs are interested they should start a thread(again I know,saw the poll on last dragon thing) and just go from there.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinth View Post
Didnt think people would agree with the dragon thing,but seems in general,we all think something should be done.Dragons are supposed to be rare,I wouldnt be opposed to them becoming a type of vanity item myself.

Dont get me wrong I dont want to lose my ice,nor the haunter if i get him back from todays mishaps lol.

Suppose now all that needs to be done is getting the players to agree to something the devs are willing to do.Would think if one or more of the devs are interested they should start a thread(again I know,saw the poll on last dragon thing) and just go from there.
i believe they should have to be revived by a quest if it dies that way they stay rare by making the quest hard but also its optional
Old 01-04-2012, 10:55 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
i believe they should have to be revived by a quest if it dies that way they stay rare by making the quest hard but also its optional
it would have to be a REALLLLLYYY cool quest then - one that you wouldn't get bored of after doing it for 50 times...
Old 01-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I think instead of a quest we can add a huge resurrection price - lets say 10k gold to resurrect the Dragon.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:04 PM

Nermal has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
I think instead of a quest we can add a huge resurrection price - lets say 10k gold to resurrect the Dragon.
Yes please! Make amount of resources/payment reflecting the dragons lvl if you intend them to be restored at former lvl,- allthough i hope they will start at scratch again.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

I like the idea,but I say make it hurt,I bid 20k for greens,40k for Ice/reds and 60k for haunters and royales

Depending on what you guys may add to the ice later,possibly increaseing it,but chats filled with to much gold comments alot,this would solve that,or atleast help.

Gold and food would be an idea,"nurse" it back to health,and i agree with above post,I like the level reset.

With level reset and a huge investment cost to revive them,think it would slow down dragon rampages.Would even think a wealth cost would be nice,for you guys,or have the option to use wealth instead of resources.

Last edited by Neinth : 01-05-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:19 PM

ARE YOU CRAZY? UR "ONE" TOWN CAN'T EVEN HOLD MORE THAN 10K WITHOUT DECREASING THE AMOUNT- I ONLY HAVE ABOUT 50K DUE TO 2 WORK CAMPS MAXED OUT WITH WORKERS AND MY REGULAR TOWN / ABOUT 10K AND REGULARLY DECREASING- NEINTH- UR PRICING IS INSANELY STUPID.

AND-- if they DO cost that much: they better keep their Effing levels then.
That's going above "making it hurt" - that's just plain stupid.

Like i said...keep max dragons to 1 and have a dragon bank for selection. This DECREASES the amount of dragons seen ( because they're supposed to be rare? you don't see dragons flying everywhere in the world...)
Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

By all legal definitions,yes i am quite crazy,get a check each month to prove it.

Gold decay rates capped at like 50ish,easily get 3-5k per quest,not including loot.If you include looting the dead bodies,that number jumps up rather high.

I would rather pay an insane ammount than have people running around with a crapton of non-killable units.My personal dragons,they lose their fun because there is no risk involved with useing them.Seen many people during the ice promo say the Ice dragon itself sort of ruined their fun,way over powered at such an early stage(still thank you for it)

Since we are on topic of dragons,would suggest flying lowering their protection from arrows and the likes,so that i cant just fly a high level dragon right ontop of the npc's hero's and win within 2 minutes.Make flying a stance instead of a skill,allow to use firewall/fireball while flying,but much lowered damage reductions.Flying could reduce stamina like hide does,or formations for the orcs does.

I also noted that they should have a method of reviving with wealth,as game is a one time investment,i wouldnt mind seeing something like that in the market,as long as there was a method of reviving without wealth as well,preferably something that was inline with the resource wealth costs in market.

And lastly,the level rest on the dragon is a great idea,i think they should do it with the hero's as well.Permanant units need to be controlled,their loss shouldnt be meaningless.When you use them,them being permanant units,you should go above and beyond to protect them.Besides if they had an high revive cost,you'd be much more careful with them,as would everyone.

I can see your the excitable sort though ,so will attempt to be more conservative in future posts :>

On a side note,have you tried putting all your gold in one spot,would see the decay rate,and by using ingame methods you can negate that rate rather easily.Sort of your fault for spreding it out and paying multiple decay rates when you dont have to.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:09 PM

The more gold you HAVE- the BIGGER the decay rate. I spread out my gold so the decay remains at -5 to -10. The rest of my work camps? No decay rate. Only my town due to a smaller storage. That's my fault too right?

also- 3-5k per quest. I'm sure you enjoy the grind..and the time spent doing it just so you can revive one dragon that can die in seconds.

And dude- one dragon can't DOMINATE an entire city byitself..in fact..try it- it can't - it will DIE.............to a horde of arrows. And the solution to your "i hate having so many dragons running about" is a dragon selection bank..or dragon lair.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Eaglecrys has good reputation

perhaps changing their role within the game could accomplish more or as said before a dragon point system on the map where each dragons have a certain amount of points

ie world holds 200 dragon points to be used from your dragon lair.

Green Dragons are 20 points red are 50 and royals are 100 with other rare dragons from events and such being put somewhere within those general numbers. this would keep the bigger dragons on a small leash if you will while letting the much smaller ones become alot more common to see around.

More of a compromise of sorts