Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Balancing Issues - Overpowered Units, Overall Balance, Building & Unit Prices e.t.c - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

i just learned unicorns are bugged,seems they are not auto attacked by players when used,and when that was pointed out,i put them into an army and realized they also have no str rating.Army of one lvl 1 enchanter and 15 lvl 8 unicorns has 5 Str,also they have same issue with de-leveling if some in the sqaud die.

So can easily be used to lower your str rateing,and still be VERY effective in pvp,will be removing them from my city until their fixed.

Also the fortitude thing isnt working with unicrons,though think i posted that already.

edit:attached screenshot of the army str with just 15 unicorns,they should be all lvl 8 but de-level bug and all,still 0 str
Attached Images
File Type: png unicorns.png (385.8 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Neinth : 12-28-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

This is more of a question on balance.Elf enchanters,can summon large ammounts of seige equipemnt after entering a seige.

I personally feel this is being abused,if you bring 500 str to a fight,but within first 2-3 minutes are able to add an extra 20 units to your army,your no longer 500 str.

I would say,maybe make it so str is locked? Pop is locked on entering a seige with anouther player? really slowing down the summon process might work.

perhaps this is intended,but doesnt have that feel to me.

Would really like to know answer to this,if intended or not,so I can adjust my attacking and defence plans accordingly.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Yeah enchanters are a tricky unit to balance, i hear a nerf may happen to their heal ability. I agree a limit ?10?5? of the amount of units they can summon would be good.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

This goes with the hpbug and the skill points bug posted previosly for the ice dragon.And possbilly hero resets as well.

I left him in city when i relogged,logged back on today,and his skills where reset to 0,with appropriate ammount of skill points to dsitrubute back again(but when i logged off he had those 54 already),so right now,hes not "bugged",as i write this I am restarting cleint,to see if he gains the 54 skill points for being lvl 19 again,while holding those I just distributed.He logged on with 4 extra points this time,not as bad as the full 54 he was getting though.

The reason i think this is important,is it may explain why hero's keep resetting.I noticed yesterday some lvl 8 archers I bought from thorndale,took them into a quest,distributed points,then put them into my human city,and they appear as they have had not points spent with none available.

My human hero goes in and out of the city alot to talk to the knight for quests,he reset yesterday from lvl 37 to lvl 1.My elf hero rarely visits his city,no need to,and he hasnt reset entire time since i started this city,and hes lvl 47.

Just thinking,these things point to logging out with hero in city is cause of the hero resets.I would test this theory with my elf guy,but really,you know how long it takes to get a hero lvled......But in interest of getting this fixed suppose i should.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Btw no hpbug after reset,figured i;d mention that,so possible extra skill points causeing the hp bug?

So here goes,dragon relog a few times,has 57 distributable points,retaining the ones spent already.Already well on his wak to beefcakieness again.

Hero rest his skill distrobution as well on first relog,got the screens attached for that.Before shows what his stats looked like before,after is what he looked like when i relogged,not even in same place,and used is what he looks like after skill points are used.

Everything except attack and hp are maxed in before and used,but before has had more skillpoints put into him.

I have unit bugs all over the place,makeing it unfair to pvp with any slot.While storming a npc castle with some ladders and my hero is fun and all,it does lose its joy after about one castle.Can simply fly a bugged dragon to the hero of an npc city,and win before timer for reinforcements hit's 13:00.Can fill a city with unicorns and pwn anyone that comes near cuz their str's way off(unicorns 0 str value,but can be nasty when lvled)Can jion a pvp city with enchanters,start out as a fair fight and just spawn a crapton of seige gear and win easily.Have maxed skill point lvl 5 and under units.

I have been trying to test these,reproduce them,and post them so they can be fixed,I even tried to use an ogre army because I couldnt get them to bug ingame,till i relogged and they all disapeared.Happens every time,ogres dont have the "de-level" issue,since their one unit sqauds,but since you cant keep em....and treants,but really really hard to win a fight with just treants :>

As far as i can tell patch 1.1.5c basically screwed units much more so than they where before.IMO it should have been rolled back,but with the holidays and all,least i keep telling myself its because of the holidays.It is because of the holidays right?I mean,just say yes.....

If you guys could see your way to fix this on just one slot.Anyways sorry for rant,but have to get it out every now and then :>
Attached Images
File Type: png herobeforerelogincity.png (324.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png heroafterrelogincity.png (191.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png heroafterpointsused.png (179.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Just an update on above post,dragon hasnt gotten those extra skill points on relog today,which is nice,but every other unit has,which is sort of funny.I got some really kick ass female wardens now :> Wondering if you guys changed something on your end lol
Old 01-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Unicorns improve fortitude doesnt apply any bonus,allows points to be spent,but no increase in resistance.

Unicorns,think they should have a charge dmg like calvary do,maybe not as strong,but some knockdown/dmg would be nice.

Would love to see unicorns get a bonus from forest protector,would make alot of sense imo,they are part of the forest,and while livestock,are also military.

unicorns I think should receive some bonus from the swamp elfs,incresed health and maybe like a 25% increase in their dmg

And lastly,unicorns should have some sort of toggle magic,at the least the hide ability