Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Differences Between the Xbox 360 and PC Versions - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2008, 02:47 PM

LordSlayer has a default reputation

I hope they include editor in 360 version so we can get more maps.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:23 PM

MOO555 has a default reputation

Well i'm just worried if my PC can handle this game or not. I mean if it can't then i'll get it for the 360. My PC stats are pretty high...I can run Crysis on very high with 20FPS or so. So i mean it should be able to handle this game...right?
Old 04-24-2008, 03:37 PM

LordSlayer has a default reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOO555 View Post
Well i'm just worried if my PC can handle this game or not. I mean if it can't then i'll get it for the 360. My PC stats are pretty high...I can run Crysis on very high with 20FPS or so. So i mean it should be able to handle this game...right?
I hope you will, because Crysis is a pretty demanding game PC performance wise.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSlayer View Post
I use a Mac, and my specs are OFF THE CHARTS!!! Here they are:

2 (yes, 2 of them) 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (8-core)
32GB of RAM (that's all I will ever need...)
4 Hard Drive Bays of 1TB 15,000-rpm SAS each (I run 3 operating systems with an extra TB of memory...)

Now here is one of the best parts...

NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB with Stereo 3D, and two dual-link DVI (literally the BEST graphics card in the world)

This computer only costed me 19,999... But it was worth it, especially since I won't need to upgrade for another 15 years...
Old 04-25-2008, 02:48 PM

MOO555 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSlayer View Post
Yeah same here. So far I've been able to play every PC game out there on max settings so i doubt I'll have any trouble with this game.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOO555 View Post
Yeah same here. So far I've been able to play every PC game out there on max settings so i doubt I'll have any trouble with this game.
You may be suprised... I just know I won't have any problems... I have alot of high specs...
Old 05-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

can't u hook it up on the computer use keyboard and the mouse
Old 05-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

I've gone over Xbox differences before. However it's more on a general term. I've said before that visual quality will be better on the xbox version. This is a -general- term, based on the fact that most of our estimated players will have PCs with capabilities lower than the Xbox 360. For those of you like Tyranick and others who have mentioned they have exceptional gaming rigs, you definately will get better graphics than those on the Xbox.

However, as I have stated before, Xbox 360 users will have the benefit that the game is optimized for them. The 360 version should never lag or drop dramatically in FPS during play. The same cannot be said about the PC, due to the fact that everyone's system is different, so settings must be tweaked by the user, and users will experience drops in performance.

Our Xbox 360 interface is completely different from our PC interface (the way you control the game). You do almost nothing the same way, all the same features are available, but the way your queue units, move units, attack, even select things are different. We don't just replace the mouse movement with the analog stick and give you a couple extra hot keys. We are mapping the controls and changing the interface of the game to compliment the 360 rather than just making it playable.

You will be able to download custom content, as well as our released expansion packs on Xbox 360. We will not be including an editor with the 360 version. However, you may be able to download the editor for the PC using the serial number of your 360 game, we are still debating about this, but I believe this will be available as it shouldn't be too costly or time consuming for us to setup.

The Xbox 360's also tend to have faster internet connections for online play. This is due to the small amount of security issues they have, seeing as the only internet places they connect to are Xbox Live and other 360's they aren't required to have as many security features as Windows does.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

crex719 has a default reputation

Alot of 360 and PC users will get this game for the 360 to play with their friends, so I hope what you said about editing will be possible.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotyguy40 View Post
I use a Mac, and my specs are OFF THE CHARTS!!! Here they are:

2 (yes, 2 of them) 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (8-core)
32GB of RAM (that's all I will ever need...)
4 Hard Drive Bays of 1TB 15,000-rpm SAS each (I run 3 operating systems with an extra TB of memory...)

Now here is one of the best parts...

NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB with Stereo 3D, and two dual-link DVI (literally the BEST graphics card in the world)

This computer only costed me 19,999... But it was worth it, especially since I won't need to upgrade for another 15 years...

Well... Lets hope you can run Dawn of Fantasy.
Oh wait, you wont, Dawn of fantasy requires 33 GBs of ram, Sorry!

Just kidding, lol

I think geting a 20k pc is sort of dumb, you can get a really really good one for 2k. some stupid thing will happen and ur pc will probibily overheat and die. I take it its liquid cooled? lol be carful my freind's pc broke, the tube leeked water, fryed everything.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 05-22-2008 at 04:57 PM.