Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Maybe a little help? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2011, 05:58 PM

satyrion has a default reputation
Default Maybe a little help?

Hello everyone, i am considering to buy this game but before i do i have some questions that need to be answered:

1)Have performance issues been fixed?(some moths ago i read a developer or somethink saying that if ur PC is around minnimum to recommended wait some moths before those perforemance issues are fixed)

2)How much % of buggs you belive has been fixed?(i know, i know the team is doing the best they can, i just want to hear your thoughs guys)

3) And last but not least, Is there enough population on server/s (for example, today i have 2hours to play at a random time of the day if i want to pvp, wich is the main aspect of the game, how fast can i find someone to play with)By the way i hate souless PvP games

Feel free to add any thoughs about the game or suggestions about buying,waiting or not buying the game at all

Thanks for your Time! Hope to see you guys in game, goodbye
Old 12-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

1) Performance is getting better slowly and is quite a lot better since release but there is still a long way to go. PvE works fine without any lag but PvP can be extremely jumpy at times, although they have fixed just about all the "out of sync" issues for PvP which is really nice.

2) There are still quite a lot of small bugs that will generally be fixed by exiting the game and starting up again, all the game breakers I encountered early on have been fixed. You will notice the bugs along the way but generally they won't effect you too much. If somethings really bugging you just ask in chat as there is generally someone around who knows how to help, plus there is the technical support section of the forum which does an amazing job.

3) The population is not huge, it is growing, but not huge. You will generally find people talking in chat and if not saying something in chat will usually get a conversation started. Finding PvPs can be tricky, as I have finished everything else all I do is PvP. I can't find PvPs every time I log on but it does depend on the time of day with different parts of the world being asleep etc. That being said if you just got the game you wouln't want to PvP anyway as you would have a very small amount of units and if those units die in PvP they are gone forever. There is also a newly introduced newby protection but I'm not sure if you can opt out of that or not. Also you only get matched with other armies/towns of a similar strength to your army so being able to search with different strength armies increases your chances of finding a PvP.

That being said I love the game because it really is unique and epic! I play other games too but always find myself logging into DoF to search for PvPs and talk in chat while I wait, or to try convince someone to fight me The PvP is very laggy and jumpy but after doing hundreds of them I have gotten used to it, plus the rewards for PvPing are awesome. The devs are amazing and so is the community generally so the game is improving all the time. Also there is no sunscription fee so if you buy the game now and don't like how it plays you can just come back in a couple months! If you read all that give yourself a pat on the back... xD
Old 12-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

To add to the topic of player population - we did NOT promote the game in almost any way waiting to fix the bugs and add some minor features. But with-in 2 weeks we plan to increase out player population about 20 times with the start of major promotions and marketing.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
To add to the topic of player population - we did NOT promote the game in almost any way waiting to fix the bugs and add some minor features. But with-in 2 weeks we plan to increase out player population about 20 times with the start of major promotions and marketing.
Does that mean you might have alliances in before 2 weeks is up? :P
Old 12-17-2011, 05:15 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

party play???? its so boring soling now
Old 12-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
Does that mean you might have alliances in before 2 weeks is up? :P
i do think they wanted it out around christmas

reverie woves their fans so much they'll do it for us
Old 12-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
i do think they wanted it out around christmas

reverie woves their fans so much they'll do it for us
that depends how fast they fix the bugs,specially the OOS.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
that depends how fast they fix the bugs,specially the OOS.
yeah priority's first i guess after they fix more bugs and the path finding is fixed then we can start guessing
Old 12-18-2011, 06:23 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Also curious if we are going to get a hot fix for the PvP not giving out influence or triggering a victory flag when the match is over... Pretty big thing to break!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
Also curious if we are going to get a hot fix for the PvP not giving out influence or triggering a victory flag when the match is over... Pretty big thing to break!
lol we are doing our best to find them, but it takes time