Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Problems installing game - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2011, 08:09 AM

Blueangele has a default reputation
Default Problems installing game

Hi,
Just to begin, Im completely new to downloading games, apart from a couple on Steam, so what may be common knowledge to some, is so far unfathomable to me.

I purchased Dawn of Fantasy this morning from this site, and downloaded the files needed. I then unpacked using Jzip and tried to setup the game. However, after choosing folder, etc and beginning the install process, I get the message that I cant access C:\Users\########\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO250D.temp. Main. No clue what this is, I made a new AppData folder but game still refuses to load beyond this point.

Any help would be appreciated, as my very limited knowledge is exhausted.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hi Blueangele,

Two things we need to try. First when you try to install the game - right click on the installation file and choose Run as Administrator.

If that doesn`t work, check the file size of the InstallerGMS2.rar file you downloaded. If it`s under 2.63 MBs (it`s ok if it`s more). Something went wrong during the download and you will need to redownload.

Let me know how it goes.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:34 PM

Hi,
ty for your reply

The main file size is 2.63gig

I can right click on the following, but none give the option to run as administrator.

InstallerGMC2.rar

DawnOfFantasyInstaller.msi

setup.exe

The second and third options above will run up to the point mentioned in my previous post. Probably something very simple that Im overlooking but no idea what.
Again, any help is appreciated
Old 12-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

So to confirm when you right click on Setup.exe you can`t run as Administrator? Note you need to locate file in your windows files (through windows explorer or my computer).

Second thing to try.

Move the InstallerGMC2.rar to some folder or your desktop. Download and install free WinRar application here: http://rarlab.com/download.htm
Right click on Installer GMC2.rar and Unrar to folder. After it`s done - open that folder, locate Setup.exe and try again (both running normally and running as Administrator)
Old 12-09-2011, 04:56 PM

Just a line to say Tyvm, the second option worked by transferring to a new folder and using Winrar. No idea why this would make it work but now I can go back to playing