Crash Log - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation
Default Crash Log

First time crash during siege. Two 400 str armies. Not sure what caused it at this time. Since it's the first crash I have experienced it may have to do with the video card I downgraded to.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Dof.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e99def2
Fault Module Name: Mithrill.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ed93628
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00091b2b
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (530.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Boricsmith has a default reputation
Default Crash log and DXdiag

Guys,

Thanks for all of the help so far. I have had multiple crashes over the last week. Prioir to that I have had zero crashes. I have been fighting all over the map, so I don't think it's because I'm in orc territory currently.

I have a feeling my first town slot and units are really bugged. I will attach my DXdiag so you could see if it is a hardware/software issue. I have played the town in my third slot without any problems, which is why I think it's my first town.

Boricsmith: city is Thaleron, Slot 1, Wold Region.

army's 1 and two have both crashed during view mod in Orc and human territory and during sieges or PVP play. Army 1 is older and Army two is brand new with the exception of my Hero.

At this point I may delete my first town. Is there a way to bring over the Haunter dragon and my dwarves I have purchased over the last couple of months?

Thanks for the help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (34.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Log1.txt (653.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Log2.txt (593.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Boric,
I'm not sure if this will help but try making your settings go all medium and set your shadow quality to off. See if that helps your crashing.

I did that with my current temp GFX card and I survived a 30 minute siege with more units than last time and didn't crash. It's possible it has somthing to do with the shadow rendering.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griegor Mcvennor View Post
Boric,
I'm not sure if this will help but try making your settings go all medium and set your shadow quality to off. See if that helps your crashing.

I did that with my current temp GFX card and I survived a 30 minute siege with more units than last time and didn't crash. It's possible it has somthing to do with the shadow rendering.
Thanks for the suggestion Griegor. I'm have been playing with all settings at low.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Default Another crash

This one just happened as I was done a PVP defending my town. As the transition back to the world started after a victory, the Dawn of fantasy transition screen came up, but I could still hear all of the sounds involved with my town, including the trees burning from dragon fire.

Town Thaleron, slot 1 wold region. Boricsmith
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log2.txt (902.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Boricsmith - so to confirm this is not a crash but a game getting stuck on the loading screen? At least this is what the logs point to. I think I know what`s going on here, gonna look into this tomorrow.

Quote:
At this point I may delete my first town. Is there a way to bring over the Haunter dragon and my dwarves I have purchased over the last couple of months?
Please don`t, something bug is causing this. This is first instance of us hearing about this - but with at least two people having this crash we`ll look into this. We`ll start by copying your town and playing it on our end.

For now I say just try to play the best you can, or start a new town, this might take up to a week to fix, crashes are never easy - and just when I thought we got rid of all of them
Old 12-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Awesome! thanks for the help Konstantin! I'll stand by. to confirm your question. in that PVP instance, the game got stuck on the loading screen.

During my freezes, I have used two towns (slot 1 and 3, both human) and got stuck in orc territory during view mode near Thikken Dal. The game freezes but the cursor still moves.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Default Crash at Nokrasol tonight

Hey guys,

I figured I'd try to play a seige at Nokkrosol tonight after the patch. it was still defended by dwarves and I had the same crash that I've had in Orc territory during the dwarven invasion. I know you guys are looking at my city so I wanted to provide this feedback.

Boricsmith
City Thaleron, wold region, Army 2 siege at Nokrasol.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (484.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Crashes related to seiging Dwarves in an orc city are a known bug. Once the event ends ( if it hasn't already) then it should go back to normal.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We`ll fix this on Sunday - someone totally forgot about removing Castles sieges from the Dwarven Event