Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Hero boosting - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation
Default Hero boosting

Ok so as the proud owner of the best hero in game atm, I must say for a legendary guy he's kinda....weak?

The 157 str makes him face huge armies in battles, but the problem also is that huge number of units can squish him like a bug since he has some of the stats capped. So a suggestion I would have for him would be a quest say for when you reach 60 to actually transform the hero into...well a Hero. Something that would require to use the hero only and would make him say get better stats and army str reduction. A rite of Passage
Old 12-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

This sounds good; it would make for a fun quest, make your hero stronger, and could possibly lead to more hero development (after all, what happens when everyone's at level 60? There needs to more to do...)

And, dragging hero customization into this, completing this quest could allow you to have fancier abilities and/or equipment (once customization is in, obviously). It would be a transition from just a random noble to...something more.

This quest, by the way, should be given by somebody fancier than just some knight. The princess can give it for elves, a shaman can give it for orcs, and for humans...maybe even a wizard? Having the king do it dosen't sound as big of a deal. The quest giver needs to be somewhat mysterious; this is more than just a promotion, it's a transformation.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Hmm sounds like a great idea! Perhaps something along the lines of soloing a town or huge army?
Old 12-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
Hmm sounds like a great idea! Perhaps something along the lines of soloing a town or huge army?
I'm up for that too as long as the hero is able to do that
Old 12-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We`ll probably include something along these lines, as well as more abilities for the heroes to learn as he progress through the levels. However - for now we found a bug that made heroes be super weak against numerous enemies, this should be fixed in tomorrow patch.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
We`ll probably include something along these lines, as well as more abilities for the heroes to learn as he progress through the levels. However - for now we found a bug that made heroes be super weak against numerous enemies, this should be fixed in tomorrow patch.
super weak?so the 80/80/80 resistances aren't working the way they are supposed to?
Old 12-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

That is working fine - but not him getting attacking by a large number of units - hero simply not fighting back and only taking damage without a chance to swing his sword.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Yeah, I know what you're talking about: when the hero does his injury animation. It's really annoying to see the hero just standing there going "Ow!", and I'm glad to hear that it's getting fixed.