Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Stability Issues such as Crashes (CTD), permanent freezing, black screen, etc. - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Boricsmith has a default reputation
Default Screen freeze twice during seiges today.

Hi gents. I have never had a problemm playing this game before today, and twice I lost progress in seiges. Wasted about 4 hours of time. I usually play during different times of day, possibly when it's not as busy. Here are my five logs from today. Failures happened around 10:30 or so at Makkada and 11:10 at ral nistro I was seiging. Both times I had to payout and lost units because the freeze made me payout. If you send me a message I will send you my DXDiag directly.

I have seiged these places before successfully and played for hours on them with no problem. I am usually playing between 1800-0200 EST.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log3.txt (149.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log2.txt (167.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log4.txt (290.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log5.txt (271.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log1.txt (142.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Boricsmith has a default reputation

By the way, during the Ral nistro seize, when I froze I was closing a gate before the reinforcement army showed up to attack my seige palisades. During Makkada I was in the middle of the city and not sure exactly what my troops were doing but I had trebuchets firing at walls and archers firing at troops.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:03 PM

SethWms has a default reputation

My first crash! (Six straight hours of play, doing pretty good guys)

I crashed upon loading my first siege quest against an AI player for the orcs. Don't know the name of the mission. Might just be a one time thing, but I figured I'd pop it up here.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for your report, hopefully a one time thing, but could be something wrong with the quest. Please let us know if this happens again.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:38 PM

SethWms has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Thanks for your report, hopefully a one time thing, but could be something wrong with the quest. Please let us know if this happens again.
It's happened again (once) but i'm fairly certain it's just a length of play sort of thing. My computer is pretty low-end so it gets cranky when it has to work 12 hours straight.

p.s. your game is addicting.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Not 100% sure if this qualifies as a bug, but the server seems to be constantly (as in every five minutes) going down. My internet is working fine, and the game starts fine; it's just after a bit (sometimes as little as a few seconds) the server goes down. When I start the game up again, the server is fine, until I get into one of my cities.

This is really annoying, 'cause I'm trying to seige Darssen again (after I was stuck at the last gate with no treants, a dead dragon, and no ammo for my bolt throwers) but I only get a few minutes in before the game closes.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (165.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log2.txt (131.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-18-2011, 06:32 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Dreamwalker - did this only start happen today? And did it fix itself after a while? This is definitely a connection problem - hopefully a one time thing, but do let me know if this is a long-term problem and we`ll look into this some more.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

It's been going several days now-since about wednesday or so. But there was still some weird connection problems before that, though not nearly as bad.

I haven't logged in since yesterday, so let me check and I'll get back to you.

edit: everything seems fine now-but if it happens again, I'll let you know.

Last edited by Dreamwalker : 11-19-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

Played this game for a few hours with no problems and now all of a sudden whenever I try to load my Online Kingdom it crashes on the loading menu and I have to use the task manager to close it.
This is causing me to not be able to do anything.
I have included the logs from around the time of crashing.
I wasn't doing anything at the time of the crash, I had logged out of the game to go open the door, logged back on a few minutes later and the freezing started. Playing as orc.

EDIT:I can start a new online kingdom and play on that so i'm guessing my whole kingdom just got corrupted somehow? Praying this isn't the case because the thought of having to rebuild it all isn't exciting me.

Last edited by Grizzlez : 12-04-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:38 PM

@ Grizzlez,

Could you please tell me your in-game username, and town name (that crashes on loading), as well as what slot 1,2,3 or 4 that town is in. And we`ll investigate and try to rush a solution into tomorrow`s patch.