Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Time Out - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2011, 04:07 AM

Schnafski has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Thanks for confirming this and running the PING test.

At this point there is only ONE explanation - Firewall, since everything seems to be working as intended.

Lets take another look at your firewall.

1) Please let me know what Windows version you are using - Xp, Vista or 7?
2) What Anti-Virus/Firewall programs you have installed on your computer?
3) Please do this test - with disabling default Windows Firewall and trying to star the game and Login:
If you are using Windows 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl7NdQn3Cjw
If you are using Windows Vista: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GUVLK9oy5g
If you are using Windows XP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hUXhI3dhow
Hi there,
I dont think that it is the Firewall. I just run the game for the first time with no problems. But let me take a look to your points.

1) Windows 7
2) Avira AntiVir and ZoneLabs Firewall
3) Just testet all Firewalls turn off (By the way, windows firewall is always off) - No result, Problem is still there.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Ok lets try a next solution. I`ve send you a private message with details.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I have a theory that you may want to try:
Contact your ISP and/or get into your router if you have one and make sure the following ports are properly forwarded:
30841 (Game server)
30844 (Client for pvp matches.)
IF any programs you have installed use these ports there will be a conflict if both programs are running at the same time, try end tasking that program and then see if logs in. We have not changed the ports so the problem is most likely and regrettably inconveniently on your system's side, unless this is happening to a lot of people but it looks to be extremely rare and only you so far, if my theory is correct and you find a program that is conflicting the ports please post what program that is for future reference.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 AM

Seigyoku has fair reputation
Default I had the same problem the 1st day

Hi,

I had this "Time out" problem the 1st day I played. I've disconnected / reconnected my ISP connection to force it to change IP and the problem was solvled, since, I have no more this "Time out" message.

Seigyoku,
Old 11-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seigyoku View Post
Hi,

I had this "Time out" problem the 1st day I played. I've disconnected / reconnected my ISP connection to force it to change IP and the problem was solvled, since, I have no more this "Time out" message.

Seigyoku,
thanks for the help Seigyoku.

Schnafski do you know if you have a static IP address?

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation

hmm this is very insteresting indeed, my best guess is it had something to do with a router issue as i can often have these issues, esepcially if you are running a wireless router and have it running in secured mode to boot. Sometimes a router AND modem can often get stuck on the same IP number, for example, when an ISP does their weekly/monthly switch of IP numbers, the modem and routers are still stuck on your "old" IP number, because they didn't find the new IP number the ISP issued out. To fix this I often have to turn off the modem AND router to basicly force them to default settings and get them searching again for the newly issued IP address from the ISP. If this ever happens again Seigyoku try turning off the power to router or modem or both and see if it works again. Obviously leaving them shut off for 20 seconds to fully restore them back to defualt settings b4 turning them back on again.

Sorry i didn't see this post sooner, im glad your back in the game again though
Old 11-03-2011, 10:02 AM

Schnafski has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novakiller View Post
hmm this is very insteresting indeed, my best guess is it had something to do with a router issue as i can often have these issues, esepcially if you are running a wireless router and have it running in secured mode to boot. Sometimes a router AND modem can often get stuck on the same IP number, for example, when an ISP does their weekly/monthly switch of IP numbers, the modem and routers are still stuck on your "old" IP number, because they didn't find the new IP number the ISP issued out. To fix this I often have to turn off the modem AND router to basicly force them to default settings and get them searching again for the newly issued IP address from the ISP. If this ever happens again Seigyoku try turning off the power to router or modem or both and see if it works again. Obviously leaving them shut off for 20 seconds to fully restore them back to defualt settings b4 turning them back on again.

Sorry i didn't see this post sooner, im glad your back in the game again though
THANKS

Thats it! I restarted my Router and Modem and can log in! Thanks a lot for that help!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Likewise - thanks! Next time we get this report we`ll know exactly what to tell the players effected by this.