Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Celebrate Halloween with DOF! - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Since this seems to be such a hot topic - we`ll try to get Dragon resurrection into 1.1.0 patch for Wednesday/Thursday.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:22 AM

Oratory has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
I disagree again.When you have filled town with defenses like me,the halloween dragon MUST stay outside because I have no space in my castle.therefore,he can be attacked easily. Also the reason why dragons MUST be able to ressurect is because A) it's a holiday dragon and you only get one. In other games you keep your special items which are unique and halloween dragon counts as a unique creature and B) The dragons in general are not powerful and if you were in my situation and you'd lose any dragon and specially a Royal dragon,you would be ****ed.

Right now dragons ARE NOT powerful but they die fast.So yes they should be able to ressurect because they are just a support unit.Look at your hero as an example.He is next to useless atm thanks to the horrible stats it has.It adds tons of army str too.My lvl 30 was 75 power alone.
I agree on your first point, that unice creatures should be ressurectable. But the my type of wealthcost is still legit. If you loose your special monster you will still be able to get it back. for a cost. As i've said in topics before. Dragons are a risk you take, if you buy a royal dragon, you should count on loosing it. Because when castle sieges comes to play, it's not safe anywhere.
You should honestly see this halloween dragon as a "you can now try a dragon for free" thing.

I still strongly dissagree on any kind of ressurectable unit. I dont even like the hero unit. i just hope that reverie adds a good cost for ressurection them. because i dont want to see a future competative metagame require a dragon.
It should be as they said. Dragons is a high cost risk for what in the future will be a well balanced unit for it's cost.

But as i said before. unique creatures as the halloween dragon, should just as you say, be ressurectable. And only that kind of mob/creature should be.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

And don't forget yetis! We'll just wait in hopes of a snowish holiday and pester the devs! Giant turkeys ofc for thxgiving :D
Old 11-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
I agree on your first point, that unice creatures should be ressurectable. But the my type of wealthcost is still legit. If you loose your special monster you will still be able to get it back. for a cost. As i've said in topics before. Dragons are a risk you take, if you buy a royal dragon, you should count on loosing it. Because when castle sieges comes to play, it's not safe anywhere.
You should honestly see this halloween dragon as a "you can now try a dragon for free" thing.

I still strongly dissagree on any kind of ressurectable unit. I dont even like the hero unit. i just hope that reverie adds a good cost for ressurection them. because i dont want to see a future competative metagame require a dragon.
It should be as they said. Dragons is a high cost risk for what in the future will be a well balanced unit for it's cost.

But as i said before. unique creatures as the halloween dragon, should just as you say, be ressurectable. And only that kind of mob/creature should be.
lol high cost risk for a balanced unit?I don't think you own a dragon because right now,dragon is ANYTHING but balanced for the cost.He can't rampage armies by himself and a few cavs could wreck him down.Plus he takes 120 str army by himself which means unless someone steps on purpose on his fire,he's next to useless.

Edit: As the hero he is just as useless atm.Someone using a hero is just asking to lose.Why do you think very few people use them in pvp?Heck they have 10/10/10 def and die fast while also inflicting next to no damage.And I'm talking about a lvl 30
Old 11-01-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
lol high cost risk for a balanced unit?I don't think you own a dragon because right now,dragon is ANYTHING but balanced for the cost.He can't rampage armies by himself and a few cavs could wreck him down.Plus he takes 120 str army by himself which means unless someone steps on purpose on his fire,he's next to useless.

Edit: As the hero he is just as useless atm.Someone using a hero is just asking to lose.Why do you think very few people use them in pvp?Heck they have 10/10/10 def and die fast while also inflicting next to no damage.And I'm talking about a lvl 30
You should read my post again.
But to make sure that you understand what i mean with it, i will quote the important thing:
"Dragons is a high cost risk for what in the FUTURE will be a well balanced unit for it's cost."

I just hate people that answere on stuff without even reading, it feels like such a pointless discussion then.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
You should read my post again.
But to make sure that you understand what i mean with it, i will quote the important thing:
"Dragons is a high cost risk for what in the FUTURE will be a well balanced unit for it's cost."

I just hate people that answere on stuff without even reading, it feels like such a pointless discussion then.
that's assuming he gets balanced any time soon.Why not have him revive now and apply a cost LATER IF he will actually be balanced?Because bothering to add a cost now is just a waste of influence
Old 11-01-2011, 09:16 AM

Why have him ressurect when it's weak? that sounds just as pointless? Wealth is still easy to get, so what else should you spend them on? do you want to make an army full of dragons? a army that would be just weak and pointless?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I don`t think it`ll do any harm to have Dragons resurrect with minimal hit-points - they`ll be useful until healed at NPC town or your homeland. And yes - we will do more balancing on the Dragons.

Actually we are working on a brand new balancing and unit upgrades system that should be ready for 1.1.2 or so.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 11-01-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Why have him ressurect when it's weak? that sounds just as pointless? Wealth is still easy to get, so what else should you spend them on? do you want to make an army full of dragons? a army that would be just weak and pointless?
Wealth was balance now so its not as easy anymore.As for why would I want him to ressurect,well its obvious.To brag when you have the units or items(soon I hope) which came from events or special occasions.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:46 PM

You should really read what i type :P
As i said before, having special/unique creatures ressurectable makes sense, as it's something you can use to say "i was playing the game during that time". But having dragons in general, or even these creatures ressurect for free, or just standard resources feels just dumb to me. But it's not my game, and most of the people playing games now adays dont like the hardcore stuff. So it does not matter how much i disslike the idea, because most of the people will want to have it so, and developers want as many people as possible playing the game.