Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

we need a guide for new players. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 07:06 AM

GAMUSINO has a default reputation
Question we need a guide for new players.

Im a new player in that game, and i see players wiht dragons, playing pvp, etc.
I think many new gamers no have idea of the posibility of this game. we Need a mini guide wiht first steps and description of options, resources, make pvp, etc.

I search in internet and dont find any guide

Sorry for my english.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMUSINO View Post
Im a new player in that game, and i see players wiht dragons, playing pvp, etc.
I think many new gamers no have idea of the posibility of this game. we Need a mini guide wiht first steps and description of options, resources, make pvp, etc.

I search in internet and dont find any guide

Sorry for my english.
This is something that should already be out. Like for elves, i had no clue what i was doing, then my city got stuck, so i gave up and stuck with humans.

I had to go to archives and read up on this stuff there. But a lot of that is outdated.

Would be nice to see a legit guide made up. Even the manual that came with game is lacking in many aspects. A lot of things are not mentioned or talked about. Could make potential players to lose intrest in this game.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Well most of the stuff really isn't too hard to work out and if you are having technical problems just head to the Technical Support section of the forum and create a thread or look through ones already there. The devs are generally pretty fast getting a reply in depending on what time you post it If you have any questions just ask on here there are heaps of people who know a lot about the game. I do believe they are working on a guide/wiki kind of thing though so don't get too frustrated just yet!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:23 AM

GAMUSINO has a default reputation

3 questions.

my elf city only has 3700 store capacity. i can upgrade one time but this boton is grey at this time. How increase the capacity?

i Need help to start pvp, when i travel and player attacks me?. load pvp map. what is the objetive? defend my position or need other requisites to win?

Mechanics of campsite, uses etc..

Sorry for me english
Old 10-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

You can increase capacity as elves by building more houses too (each house raises capacity). The pvp objective is to eliminate the other player's units or eliminate enough of them to make him surrender to you (the "pay off" option). The campsites are a little tricky to be sure, if you put workers in your armies you can task them to gathering resources in your campsites by using the "manage economy" button when your army is encamped. You can also buy units from a campsite that come from local mercenaries, either on the world map by using the "buy mercenary" button or by clicking the camp building when you're on a pvp/view map. I hope this helps. You're absolutely right about dof needing a guide!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Programmer

Jarno Montonen has a default reputation

Hey, we are absolutely aware that we are laking in the tutorial section and will try to come up with something in the future. At the moment improving the experience for current players is a higher priority though. There is a pretty indepth help section in the game though. You can open it with the Help button next to the menu button on top right corner of the screen. Also watching fan made videos on the youtube might help you get into the game. Here's a playlist with some of them: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz

Also don't be afraid to ask anything in the forums. Hope this helps!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Programmer

Jarno Montonen has a default reputation

Adding, to this, I'd especially recommend vackillers introduction video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbqbOO4dDlY . He pretty much nailed the introduction tutorial for us!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Hosting up a Wikipedia Site (reviere, if they got the server space). and hand out passwords/usernames to people manually (to prevent trolls and haters).

this way it would be easy for people to put togethere guides/info about the game. infact it woud become both the manual, guide and tips/hints page that way.