Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie's Next Game? Your Wishes! - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Wow some nice ideas truly, So much so i decided to write up and build on my original post! This idea has not got a name but it would basicly be a fresh new rpg game a little bit like mount and blade mixed with dawn of fantasy and some oblivion.

This will be an rpg sandbox game, You have the freedom to do what you wish whether it be build a small village into a town or city, Adventuring with friends or alone, Trading, Pvp and all that.

Background :

Many tears have been shed in the land of Siren's Call due to the many wars that have engulfed it in the past. Tensions have always been high within this tortured land between the various races who inhabit it and yet they persevere in their quest to survive. Ultimatly however there was no victor in the last great war known only as 'Siren's Tears' to the bards of the land. The races of Siren's Call had been at war for so long that war and death had taken its heavy toll on the races and they are now a mere shadow of what they once were. With the remaining forces dwindling the races of Siren's Call finally agreed on a truce and the war was ended. Old hatreds still flare as bright as the sun however but all of the factions knew if the war continued therew ould be nothing left of their respected nations. As many lands now lay barren and abandoned the races seek to rebuild their civilizations.

None of the races but the wood elves known also as 'Siren's Eyes' would know however that the wars of the past scarred the land and the cost was greater then they could imagine. Beasts that had once been tame now roamed the land angry and mad with rage. Monsters such as mighty ogres and minotaurs that had once kept to their own now preyed on the weak and claimed lands that were once owned by the other races. An the dead rest no more as monstrosities rise from the many battlefields of Siren's Call. The land is in agony..

The damage had been done, The price yet to be paid and the war was now balancing upon a shakey fragile truce. The future of Siren's Call is now in the hands of those who have the strength and courage to change things. You.

The Humans

The humans of Siren's Call live to the far west of the land on the coasts of Galvalinor. It was the humans who first ignited the wars between the other races due to their rapid expansions into other races territory and arrogant nature towards the other nations. The human kingdoms were the largest of the factions empires and although much has been lost in the wars the humans have taken the 'least' losses and retain a highest population of the races.

The humans are led by King Geralt Ironhand the 5th, As his name suggests this man is a ruthless leader and rules with an iron fist much like his past line. The last great war was started by his father when he pressed for more expansions into the elven forests to the south provoking the elves. Diplomacy was short and soon war broke out. However Ironhand is a devious and clever ruler and has kept the human nation afloat despite being the last to agree to the truce. The man himself however has no heir at this time and a few within the human population hope that his death will perhaps bring a new era for the human kingdoms even if most of the human lords are just as bad as their king.

The humans have the possiblity to excell at many arts and crafts, As well as become capable warriors, sorcerors and rogues. It is becuase of this that they have survived the most despite starting the wars in the first place.

Racial abilities (Pick 2)

Military mastery : Attack and armor to military units trained increased
Skilled : 10 bonus skill points for your avatar
Command : Humans excell at commanding their troops and thus human units who are within 20m of the players avatar gain movement speed and higher morale.
(TOWN MODE ONLY) Rapid Expansion : Buildings in your village / town / city build 20% faster.

The Elves

The elves are perhaps the least military minded race of the world, Perhaps this is why the human kings decided to expand into their lands so quickly. However little known to the humans the elves excel at magic and make devestating magic weilders. They live to the south of the human kingdoms within the forests of Tali'alisala or 'The graceful leaf'. This forest has been the elves sacred home for centuries and they defend it fiercely as the humans found out. Led by high councilor Gir'mindarlor. The elves have suffered greatly from the wars and have since retreated deep within the forests to recover.

Racial Abilities (Pick 2)

Magic Mastery : Magic attack of all trained magic users increased
Magical affinity : Bonus skill points added to all magic skills excluding necromancy.
(TOWN MODE ONLY) Gift of the forest : Are 'gifted' wood from the forest, Wood generation increased.
Agile : All elf units and avatar's dodge / armor increased.

The Dwarves

Dwarves of the land dwell deep within the mountains of Gorrak'agondor far to the west of the humans and elves. These stubborn people do not trust easily and took heavy losses in their war with the orcs to the south. They are lead by High King Grom'Agor and he is a proud and noble dwarf despite his mistrust for other races.

Racial abilities (Pick 2)

(TOWN MODE ONLY) Mining Mastery : Workers gold and stone mining greatly increased.
Stubborn : Health of Avatar and trained troops increased
Weapon Master : Damage of avatar and trained troops increased.
Resistance : Damage taken from spells and fire decreased.

The Orcs

(Coming Soon)

This is a rough part of an idea i cooked up, Its not complete mind you so its very rough as i say, Will complete it later when i get time. The story is far from done so not very in depth at the moment
Old 10-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Whoa-compared to these awsome ideas, mine sounds down right dumb!

But here's an idea I literaly just dug up from some old microsoft word file:

First of all, it's an RTS. Let's say that this game uses DOF's "homeland" idea instead of constantly building new bases. You create and design your own custom hero(es) to lead your troops, whose class is based on race.

Now, to the wall of text:

Resources:
Gold-used to create units and buildings and to research technology, gold can be generated from trade and taxes, as well as mined from gold deposits and gained from gold buildings.
Energy-used to cast spells, create magic units, and research technology, energy is generated by captured Ley Line sites and, to a lesser extent, by magic buildings.
Food-the amount of food you have determines how many troops you can have at one time. If the food cost of your units exceeds the amount of food, your people will starve. Food is only gained from food buildings.

Factions:

Guild of the Griffin-A powerful order of knights that protects the southern realms.
Strengths: strong heavy cavalry, good defensive magic, and great aerial troops
Weaknesses: little offensive magic, few war beasts
Hero Class: Paladin-a skilled guild lord that is favored by the godlike kyrie
Main Hero Attributes: Piety and Weapon Mastery
Unique Attribute: Warding-increases the power of the Paladin’s healing and banishing abilities, and also increases the strength of the wards of all your troops
Unit Upgrades: Banner Carrier(gives Valor ability), Steel Armor(increased defense), Steel Weapons(increased attack), Telepathic Wards(resistance to mind control), Elemental Wards(resistance to heat and cold), Poison Wards(resistance to poison) Disease Wards(immunity to plague)
Best Unit: Arch Kyrie-mighty, godlike beings wielding lighting spears and protective magic. They are even more powerful against both dragons and demons, but elves have good defense against all kyrie, who are their ancient enemy.

Sylvan Alliance-An alliance of elven kingdoms that rules the ancient forests of Elbaetha and Sorafel.
Strengths: excellent missile units, many powerful mage/warrior units
Weaknesses: very few artillery and spearmen
Hero Class: Sylvan Lord-an elven noble that excels in both combat and sorcery
Main Hero Attributes: Willpower and Weapon Mastery
Unique Attribute: Druidry-increases the power of the Sylvan Lord’s nature-related and stealth/invisibility spells
Unit Upgrades: Warrior Healer(gives unit healing mage), Mithril Mail(increased defense), Blessed Weapons(increased attack), Telepathic Wards(resistance to mind control), Elemental Wards(resistance to heat and cold)
Best Unit: Elran Dragons-swift green dragons sacred to the goddess Elra. They breathe white fire that only harms the enemy, not friendly troops or the environment. Like all dragons, they are naturally resistant to magic. They are very powerful against ground troops, but may need protection from other aerial units.

Tethurrin Empire-An empire of fierce minotaurs that controls the eastern lands.
Strengths: strong infantry, powerful ships, and good artillery
Weaknesses: little defensive magic, few cavalry
Hero Class: Warlord-a mighty warrior and general of the minotaurs
Main Hero Attributes: Weapon Mastery and Tactics
Unique Attribute: Bloodlust-increases the strength and duration of the Warlord’s berserker abilities and increases the overall power of the Warlord’s offensive spells
Unit Upgrades: Berserker(gives Frenzy ability), Steel Armor(increased defense), Steel Weapons(increased attack), Elemental Wards(resistance to heat and cold), Burning Weapons(attacks do fire damage)
Best Unit: Fire Hurlers-devastating war machines that spray liquid fire on foes. They are extremely deadly, but are slow and need protection from fast moving enemies.

Kingdoms of Erebus-The underground realms of the fanatical dark elves.
Strengths: fast, stealthy troops, good war beasts, and excellent dark magic
Weaknesses: no spearmen (or other anti-cavalry troops) and little artillery
Hero Class: Hierophant -a powerful sorcerer-priest of the dark elves
Main Hero Attributes: Willpower and Piety
Unique Attribute: Mind Breaking-increases the strength of the Hierophant’s offensive telepathic spells (especially anti-ward spells) and the strength of dark magic overall
Unit Upgrades: Battle Priest(increases strength of unit’s wards), Dark-Iron Armor(increased defense), Cursed Weapons(increased attack), Telepathic Wards (resistance to mind control), Elemental Wards(resistance to heat and cold), Arcane Wards(resistance to magic overall)
Best Unit: Tartarian Dragons-fearsome black dragons from the deepest pits of the underworld, sacred to the goddess Cerridwen. Their fiery breath is not affected by enemy wards, and like all dragons, they are resistant to magic. They are very powerful, but slower than other dragons. They only need protection from kyrie.

Other races may include Dwarves, Orcs, and Undead!

Last edited by Dreamwalker : 10-18-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

You know, If we all put our heads together (Reverie and us) we could come up with a pretty amazing game concept. Would be amazing fun and loooking at all the great ideas here id say it would be top quality. Its just to bad i have no idea how to get it even considered for an idea and even if it was looked at its a lot of work! I'd so be game for it though since it would be.. fun work. One thing ive learned in life is its better to try and achieve your dreams rather then leaving them as dreams. I mean even if you fail at the achieving, At least you tried and had fun doing it!

Last edited by ThatguyAds1298 : 10-18-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

I agree with Adam. And I have to say...being able to help a company make the game of your dreams? Pretty awsome stuff.

Speaking of awsome, here's another idea (sorry, but I just can't stop!). An RTS once again using DOF's homeland idea, its basis is Irish mythology. Here we go:

The Story thus Far:
The mighty empire of the Formorians once ruled all the lands of the west. But now, new peoples are arising in this place, carving out realms of their own. The Tuathians arrived from the east, and built kingdoms in Iarth, ruled by the tyranical King Arathar. Conflict arose between the Tuathians and the Formorians, who were already weakened after fending off a Deepling invasion. In the midst of the terrible war, two strange brothers made an alliance with the mysterious Sídhe, and with their help, defeated both the Formorians and the tyrant Arathar.

Now, the old empire has been divvied up between the major powers. The Tuathians claim to be seeking only unity and prosperity, though some kings have far darker goals in mind; the Formorians, divided into thier separate schools of magic, are trying to restore their former glory; the Sídhe, recently suffering a terrible civil war, are trying to gain a foothold in mortal lands before the completion of a deadly prophecy; and the Deeplings are planning a massive war on the surface dwellers, to win honor and fame in their Underworld home.

Four races now dominate the World:

The Tuathians; humans who combine magic and technology
The Formorians; remnants of an ancient empire of sorcerers
The Sídhe; a powerful race of semi-divine nature spirits
The Deeplings; various empires of the underground

Each race posses its own units, buildings, and tactics unique to it alone. The strategies used to play each race are radically different.

Here is some background on the Tuathians, who are so far the most developed race:

We came, not long ago, from the eastern lands, and settled in what is now called Iarth. We brought with us knowledge of metal and stone, of war and peace. Many kingdoms appeared in Iarth, and for a time the Tuathians knew prosperity, if not peace.
Then, the Fomorians, rulers of a rapidly expanding empire, set their sights on Iarth. They wielded strange powers, of fire and death, and we were overwhelmed. Only the brave, if somewhat cruel, King Arathar remained.
This may have been the end of the Tuathians, if not for the actions of two brothers, Oros and Meres. It is not known where they came from, or who they truly are, but they overthrew both the Formorians and Arathar, and brought peace to us. For that, they are forever our saviors.
-Annals of the Tuathians

The Tuathians, while they do not have much magical skill, have many ways to negate the magic of their enemies. In addition, they have access to a wide array of technologies, especially those focused on weapons, armor, and machinery.

Each race is divided into several factions, each with their own goals, strategies, and a few unique units and buildings. For example, here are the Tuathian factions:

The King’s Men; religious fanatics who are trying to resurrect the dead King Arathar

The Resistance; rebels who seek to overthrow the “tyrannical” rule of the Formorians and all other magic-users

The Freemen; displaced villagers who want only to rebuild their devastated homelands

The Tuathians are pretty much the standard medieval humans, though from an early era than the humans in DOF. However, they do have some more exotic units, such as Drake Riders.

Unfourtunetly, the other races are not as developed. But:

The Formorian factions are be based on the elements (fire, water, earth, and air). The Formorian military depends on a core of human warriors and legions of summoned creatures (such as minotaurs,basilisks, and various spirits); most of whom have special abilities (such as invisibility, regeneration, or inherent magical powers) that humans lack.

The Sídhe factions are based on day and night (a.k.a, light elves and dark elves, but both heavily nature orienented). Their magic takes a different form than the Formorians: instead of having mages cast spells and summon creatures, nearly all Sídhe units have the ability to use magic, though not to the level of the Fomorian sorcerers. The Sídhe make use of various magical beasts, such as unicorns, gryphons, treants, phoenixes (for the day faction) and giant spiders (for the night faction).

The last race, the Deeplings, are the least developed (even the name is really just a placeholder, unless I decide that it works). But, they are the most bestial, and are made up of goblins, trolls, and such, as well as more original underground creatures (like dwarves with the heads of boars!). Their cities lie deep in the underworld, and they have some pretty advanced building and weapon technology, though their magic can't stand up to the Formorians and the Sídhe (they arn't quite as bad as the Tuathians, though). But with massive, well trained armies, who needs are that magic stuff anyway?

If I think of more, I'll add it. I have some Tuathian units and buildings ready, but I'll work on the other races first.

What do ya think?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Oh thats cool dream

Oh and i hope you have dawn of fantasy sitting next to your PC or downloading! Or maybe its time to send the orcs round! We need you to join the orcish legion!

Ahem! back on topic

An yes agreed, Working with a game dev to create a game would be something special. Deep from the darkest depths of the gamers imagination a new era dawns as the game of games is unleashed upon the unsuspecting world! Also i think most people including the ones who posted in this thread would happily give their input on a game concept. I'd just be happy with a free copy when its complete Its the experience i think most of us would love, Working on the backstory and lore and getting a free copy at the end to see your imagination come to life? Heck yes. Thats the most i think anyone of us gamers would ask for the chance to give their input on the building blocks of a game. (Oh and maybe let us name some in game characters after us too... )
Old 10-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatguyAds1298 View Post
(Oh and maybe let us name some in game characters after us too... )
That's the most important part!

And devs, I know you're busy, but...if you like the sound of this or of any of the ideas on this thread, please comment! Even if all we do is come up with a single character, it would still be amazing!

And you could think of it this way: the more people thinking, the more different ideas you'll get. So if even a little of the community participated...there would be some completely original ideas that no one else would have ever imagined!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
That's the most important part!

And devs, I know you're busy, but...if you like the sound of this or of any of the ideas on this thread, please comment! Even if all we do is come up with a single character, it would still be amazing!

And you could think of it this way: the more people thinking, the more different ideas you'll get. So if even a little of the community participated...there would be some completely original ideas that no one else would have ever imagined!
Yep yep, Agreed. We are here for you guys should you need us with imaginations near bursting point.

Though if it were to happen, Would be a big challenge to try and live up to some of the really good writers they use for games. A welcome challenge id say but a challenge nontheless. It would be interesting though to work on it and it would be even more fun to mix up our ideas Dream. That is another reason it would be cool, Just that working with others with similar passions for games and story to create something.

Id also like a dev's take on this, To see what they think.

Your community is here to help our friends at Reverie should they need.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
Whoa-compared to these awsome ideas, mine sounds down right dumb!

But here's an idea I literaly just dug up from some old microsoft word file:

First of all, it's an RTS. Let's say that this game uses DOF's "homeland" idea instead of constantly building new bases. You create and design your own custom hero(es) to lead your troops, whose class is based on race.

Now, to the wall of text:

Resources:
Gold-used to create units and buildings and to research technology, gold can be generated from trade and taxes, as well as mined from gold deposits and gained from gold buildings.
Energy-used to cast spells, create magic units, and research technology, energy is generated by captured Ley Line sites and, to a lesser extent, by magic buildings.
Food-the amount of food you have determines how many troops you can have at one time. If the food cost of your units exceeds the amount of food, your people will starve. Food is only gained from food buildings.

Factions:

Guild of the Griffin-A powerful order of knights that protects the southern realms.
Strengths: strong heavy cavalry, good defensive magic, and great aerial troops
Weaknesses: little offensive magic, few war beasts
Hero Class: Paladin-a skilled guild lord that is favored by the godlike kyrie
Main Hero Attributes: Piety and Weapon Mastery
Unique Attribute: Warding-increases the power of the Paladin’s healing and banishing abilities, and also increases the strength of the wards of all your troops
Unit Upgrades: Banner Carrier(gives Valor ability), Steel Armor(increased defense), Steel Weapons(increased attack), Telepathic Wards(resistance to mind control), Elemental Wards(resistance to heat and cold), Poison Wards(resistance to poison) Disease Wards(immunity to plague)
Best Unit: Arch Kyrie-mighty, godlike beings wielding lighting spears and protective magic. They are even more powerful against both dragons and demons, but elves have good defense against all kyrie, who are their ancient enemy.

Sylvan Alliance-An alliance of elven kingdoms that rules the ancient forests of Elbaetha and Sorafel.
Strengths: excellent missile units, many powerful mage/warrior units
Weaknesses: very few artillery and spearmen
Hero Class: Sylvan Lord-an elven noble that excels in both combat and sorcery
Main Hero Attributes: Willpower and Weapon Mastery
Unique Attribute: Druidry-increases the power of the Sylvan Lord’s nature-related and stealth/invisibility spells
Unit Upgrades: Warrior Healer(gives unit healing mage), Mithril Mail(increased defense), Blessed Weapons(increased attack), Telepathic Wards(resistance to mind control), Elemental Wards(resistance to heat and cold)
Best Unit: Elran Dragons-swift green dragons sacred to the goddess Elra. They breathe white fire that only harms the enemy, not friendly troops or the environment. Like all dragons, they are naturally resistant to magic. They are very powerful against ground troops, but may need protection from other aerial units.

Tethurrin Empire-An empire of fierce minotaurs that controls the eastern lands.
Strengths: strong infantry, powerful ships, and good artillery
Weaknesses: little defensive magic, few cavalry
Hero Class: Warlord-a mighty warrior and general of the minotaurs
Main Hero Attributes: Weapon Mastery and Tactics
Unique Attribute: Bloodlust-increases the strength and duration of the Warlord’s berserker abilities and increases the overall power of the Warlord’s offensive spells
Unit Upgrades: Berserker(gives Frenzy ability), Steel Armor(increased defense), Steel Weapons(increased attack), Elemental Wards(resistance to heat and cold), Burning Weapons(attacks do fire damage)
Best Unit: Fire Hurlers-devastating war machines that spray liquid fire on foes. They are extremely deadly, but are slow and need protection from fast moving enemies.

Kingdoms of Erebus-The underground realms of the fanatical dark elves.
Strengths: fast, stealthy troops, good war beasts, and excellent dark magic
Weaknesses: no spearmen (or other anti-cavalry troops) and little artillery
Hero Class: Hierophant -a powerful sorcerer-priest of the dark elves
Main Hero Attributes: Willpower and Piety
Unique Attribute: Mind Breaking-increases the strength of the Hierophant’s offensive telepathic spells (especially anti-ward spells) and the strength of dark magic overall
Unit Upgrades: Battle Priest(increases strength of unit’s wards), Dark-Iron Armor(increased defense), Cursed Weapons(increased attack), Telepathic Wards (resistance to mind control), Elemental Wards(resistance to heat and cold), Arcane Wards(resistance to magic overall)
Best Unit: Tartarian Dragons-fearsome black dragons from the deepest pits of the underworld, sacred to the goddess Cerridwen. Their fiery breath is not affected by enemy wards, and like all dragons, they are resistant to magic. They are very powerful, but slower than other dragons. They only need protection from kyrie.

Other races may include Dwarves, Orcs, and Undead!
Ahem you played too much heroes of might and magic lol.Good idea,but bad concept with those races. I would say something which would be more unique. Human races,orc races,elf races, undead races,elementals race, wizard race(even if it's not an actual race but a faction), angels race, etc. Traditional stuff with something new . Other than that,great ideas!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
Ahem you played too much heroes of might and magic lol.Good idea,but bad concept with those races. I would say something which would be more unique. Human races,orc races,elf races, undead races,elementals race, wizard race(even if it's not an actual race but a faction), angels race, etc. Traditional stuff with something new . Other than that,great ideas!
How'd you know? Yeah, I wrote that about a year ago, when I was really into heroes of might and magic. And I agree, those races can pretty much be found in any fantasy game in existance (except the minotaurs, though they're pretty popular too).

But my other idea, that one's a bit more orignal: Humans, Wizards, Elves/demigods, and Orcs/Goblins/Trolls/boar people/etc.

Here's some more background on those races, and the history of the world:

The Formorians (the wizards) are a sub-race of humans. Standing seven feet tall on average, they are lords amoung mankind. They were given powers of magic long ago by the Phoenix, a now unworshipped god who heralds the end of ages. For a time, the Formorians were near gods to mortal men.

But something happened: the Formorians began to see themselves as gods. They conquered all other peoples of the world, building an empire that spanned the globe, killing all who opposed them. Bored with thier success, the greatest of the Formorians turned to a new project: opening ways into other worlds.

In doing so, they gained more power...for a time. But some of the beings on the other side were greater than the sorcerers expected. When these beings entered into our world, the Formorians were powerless to stop them. They ravenged the mighty empire, and divided it amoung themselves. Instead of worshipping the Formorians, mankind bowed before these new beings, who they called gods.

Among these gods, nine were counted as the great ones, and they each ruled mighty kingdoms in the mortal world. Often, they would war against one another, using willing and unwilling humans for their soldiers. But in times of peace, they would meet at the place men called Melasarn, the "City in the Clouds". It was a vast swath of rock and soil that these gods had torn from the earth and set in the sky, forming a floating continent. All the land beneath it, for hundreds of miles, grew dead from the eternal darkness cast from the continent's shadow; and many of the men in these lands were twisted by the gods' magics.

Many long centuries would pass before the Dark Gods were beaten back, and all the earth would be torn apart before then. The worst tradegy of all the Dark Gods' wars was the Siege of the Tree, when the human and demonic (or godly, depending on who's talking) forces attacked the Great Tree Yggdrasil, whose massive trunk was several hundred miles high, and more than 50 miles wide. The Sídhe, who dwelt in the tree's soaring branches, defended thier home (which they also worshipped) with all the power of their magic and legendary griffon riders. But in the end, the Dark Gods were victorious; to celebrate thier victory, they tore the World Tree up from its roots and threw it to the earth, as the remnants of the Sídhe fled.

Another great war was between the gods and the dragons, who had followed through the pathway to destroy the world. But soon, many of the dragons fell in love with the mortal world, and decided to protect it, fighting against thier kin. But both factions of dragons were crushed by the Dark Gods; even though one god was found conspiring with the monsters. He was killed by his fellow gods, as none could pass up an excuse to eliminate a rival.

But eventually, a mighty sorcerer of the Formorians (who had dwindled to a nomadic people since the gods invaded) led the armies of the free humans into the Shadowed Lands and up the Golden Stair, to the sacred City in the Clouds itself. This sorcerer, named Raegis, slew three of the gods in their palaces; the rest fled to their safe places, trying to regain their strength.

And eventually, they might of, except that the Phoenix appeared on the earth; and with his arrival, the power of the gods was forever broken, although some still lived on, plotting to regain their former glory.

Raegis went on to found the Second Formorian Empire, and his people became strong once again, building cities and gaining knowledge. The Formorians now dwelt far to the west of thier original home, and far from the wars of the gods. They found new power in summoning creatures from beyond the world; but they were very careful not to stray into the domains of beings greater than themselves, least more Dark Gods enter the world. For a time, they were happy.

The Sídhe, also, regained some of thier power; they settled amoung the bones of the Great Tree, whose seeds sprouted vast forests that covered the landscape. As always, the Sídhe lived as a race apart, for they were not truly human, but half-human and half-god (though most certainly not the Dark Gods; instead, they were descended from the Tree itself, which is from where their magic comes). Their civilization prospered from trade with the humans, whose knowledge of metal and stone was much welcomed.

Before the Gods came, the most powerful nation of the eastern humans was Tuatha. After the wars, the Tuathians migrated into the western lands, which eventually brought them into contact with the Formorians. At the time, the Tuathians were led by the powerful and tyranical King Arathar. He made war on the Formorians, stealing their lands for his own people to settle in. But he underestimated the power of the sorcerers, and the Tuathians were soon in grave danger. They would have no doubt been defeated, if not for the actions of two strange brothers, and the Sídhe allies they brought with them. Once the Formorians were tuned back and Arathar overthrown, there was peace between the men of the east and west. The Sídhe returned to their distant home, and the brothers became kings of the Tuathians.

Meanwhile, another race had been building empires...far below the surface. The peoples there were varied: some had skin of leather, others of scales; some were small and cunning, while others were massive brutes. But all thrived in the Underworld, and all dreamed of glory; and all recalled sadly the tale that long ago, they dwelt in the deepest places of the earth, while now they were banished to what they called the "shallow lands". Empires in the Underworld rose and fell, and the Deeplings went about their lives, oblivious to the troubles of the surface-dwellers. In Deepling society, proving yourself in battle won you much honor, and to many of the Underworld's denizens, honor was more important than life itself; the only problem was, battles were becoming rare. So when the Great Tree Yggdrasil fell, its branches splitting the earth asunder, opening up tunnels to the Overworld, the Deeplings did not hesitate. In the depths, idle armies longed for new enemies; and now, new wars were theirs for the fighting.

Sorry for the wall of text; this actually wasn't something from an old file, I thought it up just now. Though some of the ideas (with the Dark Gods and Yggdrasil, particularly), I had made for a different game idea...but if Ark thought that one post had unoriginal races, then...well, let's just say I came up with most of it playing Heroes of Might and Magic. But, that idea did have some nice, somewhat original ideas to it, such as the nomad mages and a spwarling, industrial city (which could be added another race later on...?)

lol, even apologizing for the wall of text is a wall of text.

But yeah, tell me what you think.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

o.O did you read Celtina or played king arthur-roleplaying game?Those talk about fomorians and they were in celtic mythology as well as the sidhe lol. Leaving that aside it's an interesting concept though