Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

City Mastery Options - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you always take Military, Defensive or Siege mastery for your city?
Yep! 14 70.00%
Nope! (Post your choices) 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation
Default City Mastery Options

So i was just wondering, Most people i met have taken military mastery for their cities, So just a poll to see what the ratio is.

Also would you like the non military mastery to have better bonuses for end game? For example take the human ones. I was loooking at them and most are just mainly for building up the settlement and research, While its great for that stage do you think there should be more bonuses for when you have all your research and buildings built to make them more appealing?

Many mastery for cities are not being used i think (My thoughts so could be very wrong), Would be fun to have a more challenging 'Hmm what to pick..' when selecting them when you build a new city instead of selecting the same ones. What do you guys think on this?

Last edited by ThatguyAds1298 : 10-17-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Laceretti has a default reputation

For my main city, I have actually taken two defensive ones. I'm still fairly new to the game, but I have already maxed out my city. When I first started, I was expecting the building process to take much longer than it did, and now I am debating why I even have any workers at all since almost all of my armies permanently carry more gold then they can hold.

I think they need to add some type of support/maintenance costs to your roaming armies and separate the 'worker' population from the military one in the city. As-is, I'm not sure why I would keep the workers around now that I have all the upgrades and 5 armies leveling up.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

nuraiel has a default reputation

I'm guilty on all accounts. I confess my spirit animal is a turtle I like to have the absolutley most annoying fortifications that exist .

Anyway aside from these personal part there is the factor, like mentioned, that almost none of the other traits contains something you can't get otherwise (speaking strictly of humans now).
You can have a full level city with all and everything without ever needing to look at the builders and scholars trait, although it might be convenient for the build up.
But you simply can not get wall mounted catapults with 20% more range or units with 20% more damage at a later state if you did not pick this trait.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

I picked economy and offensive. The choice is simple. While economy is dead atm, when they will fix the economy I will have an advantage over others. Better economy=more troops which I bet will be important when guild castles will be added,It's for strategic objectives only that I combined economy with warfare. Having a great offensive/defense is amazing except you need to have an economy going to roll the troops. Elves are good in defense already,so I didn't needed defense that much.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 AM

Arcoth has a default reputation

Usually I take the military traits, as I always have enough ressources anyway. Although I recently started a new orc city and took the Gatherers trait to decrease the issue of the worker bottleneck in army production and was intrigued by the increased carry limit (which doesn't work btw).
Old 10-18-2011, 06:59 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcoth View Post
Usually I take the military traits, as I always have enough ressources anyway. Although I recently started a new orc city and took the Gatherers trait to decrease the issue of the worker bottleneck in army production and was intrigued by the increased carry limit (which doesn't work btw).
Several traits dosnt work. i got siege traits. and my catapults does not gain the 20% range increase. thou its really only minor issues as theres more serious bugs out there that need stamping *loads shogun* damn zerg of em eh.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Well
The Bonus for Combat itself seems to be most importand after all

Whats the use of getting more ressources in a game where I have bought anything possible anyways

Greetz
Old 10-18-2011, 08:01 AM

karamot has fair reputation

well i think most of ppl got trait for proper town

first of all, for example orcs, offensive traits are about useless,or at last now, because faster unit production is wasted now that mercenary army are faster and cheaper...

maybe it could be interesting when mercenary will be ignored and all point on proper army, if this will be possible in future....

but personally how can ppl ignore proper city building? its a great part of the game....

and more of others, atm building city is the funniest thing now, imho

unfortunately it last only 2/3 days, they town complete, but nice same

this poll could be interesting later, when game work properly
probably i will change asset too, but now only blinded take offensive imho
Old 10-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunleader View Post
Well
The Bonus for Combat itself seems to be most importand after all

Whats the use of getting more ressources in a game where I have bought anything possible anyways

Greetz
right now sun but when they will balance economy it might be totally different