Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

So, Playing anything else at the moment? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2011, 05:19 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation
Default So, Playing anything else at the moment?

So anyway what are you guys playing other then DoF at the moment?

I myself currently have TONS of games i bought but havnt played, The list is very long and i really need to get started on them but alas Dawn of Fantasy and writing taking up so much of my time. However very recently i have been getting into a couple of games after a long time of not playing them.

-Dragon age 2 + All the DLC, This is quite scary actually.. I havnt played the game in a while and havnt even completed it, Yet i buy the DLC as soon as its released, Though i have made an effort and have invested some time to this game recently. It is an awesome game though once you start playing i just need to give it some more time.

-Two Worlds 2 + Pirates DLC, Really like this game as it has some great additions that are great for any RPG game such as crafting and a cool magic system, However this is one of the games im playing at the moment when i get time.

-Fallout : New Vegas + All DLC, Another game thats quite good that i play off and on (Not as much as the others in truth) An yea.. another one i buy the dlc for but dont play as much..

-Venetica : This RPG i have not seen much news of but i quite enjoy playing it. I own it for both 360 and PC (Play it on PC though), Decent story i thought, again not completed yet.

-White Knight Chronicles 1-2, Not amazing but i like the story a lot slowly getting through it and having fun so thats what counts in the end.

-Divinity 2 : Dragon knight Saga, LOVE this game...Larian Studios did a good job with this in my opinion i also used to play the first two games 'Divine Divinity' and 'Beyond Divinity' Not perfect and not as 'well known' as say dragon age but damn, It has some great features! Again...not completed but ill get there!

Those are the games im crawling through at the moment at a VERY slow pace (Thank you Reverie). Im very curious as to what games the players / devs are playing at the moment other then DoF obviously.

Notice all my listed games are RPG games.. im a bit of an RPG fan and its been a long time since i played FPS, used to play soldier of fortune 2 an awful lot back in the day though.

Sorry if this has been posted before, i did have a look quite a few pages back in the pub section as well as a quick search that didnt turn up much so i thought itd be fun to post this and see what you guys are up to.

Oh and i almost forgot... Last but definatly not least : Shogun 2!

Last edited by ThatguyAds1298 : 10-15-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:50 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatguyAds1298 View Post
So anyway what are you guys playing other then DoF at the moment?

I myself currently have TONS of games i bought but havnt played, The list is very long and i really need to get started on them but alas Dawn of Fantasy and writing taking up so much of my time. However very recently i have been getting into a couple of games after a long time of not playing them.

-Dragon age 2 + All the DLC, This is quite scary actually.. I havnt played the game in a while and havnt even completed it, Yet i buy the DLC as soon as its released, Though i have made an effort and have invested some time to this game recently. It is an awesome game though once you start playing i just need to give it some more time.

-Two Worlds 2 + Pirates DLC, Really like this game as it has some great additions that are great for any RPG game such as crafting and a cool magic system, However this is one of the games im playing at the moment when i get time.

-Fallout : New Vegas + All DLC, Another game thats quite good that i play off and on (Not as much as the others in truth) An yea.. another one i buy the dlc for but dont play as much..

-Venetica : This RPG i have not seen much news of but i quite enjoy playing it. I own it for both 360 and PC (Play it on PC though), Decent story i thought, again not completed yet.

-White Knight Chronicles 1-2, Not amazing but i like the story a lot slowly getting through it and having fun so thats what counts in the end.

-Divinity 2 : Dragon knight Saga, LOVE this game...Larian Studios did a good job with this in my opinion i also used to play the first two games 'Divine Divinity' and 'Beyond Divinity' Not perfect and not as 'well known' as say dragon age but damn, It has some great features! Again...not completed but ill get there!

Those are the games im crawling through at the moment at a VERY slow pace (Thank you Reverie). Im very curious as to what games the players / devs are playing at the moment other then DoF obviously.

Notice all my listed games are RPG games.. im a bit of an RPG fan and its been a long time since i played FPS, used to play soldier of fortune 2 an awful lot back in the day though.

Sorry if this has been posted before, i did have a look quite a few pages back in the pub section as well as a quick search that didnt turn up much so i thought itd be fun to post this and see what you guys are up to.

Oh and i almost forgot... Last but definatly not least : Shogun 2!
lol i play magic world online on private server when I am not on DOF and asssassin creed brotherhood. I used to play divinity 2 but i finished it a few times (archer ftw). As for dragon age 2 i smashed by dvd after I finished it,i hated that game.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

Europa Universalis 2 - A strategy game where you get to control a nation throughout 1419-1820.
In addition you have to control it's economy, military, religion, scientific development, colonization as well as exploration. Very fun game with a hard learning curve.

Civilization 5 - Turn based strategy game, very fun like the rest of the games in this series. the player leads a civilization from prehistoric times into the future, building wonders, start wars, expand your civlization. A very good time consuming game.

Starcraft 2 - RTS don't think i have to mention much here.

League of Legends or simply LoL - A ripoff from the warcraft 3s DotA, free to play, fun too play with friends, and easy to learn.

OpenTTD(transport tycoon deluxe) - The game was made in 1994 but still recives updates, it's a economy manageing game where you build transportation network using trucks, busses, trains, aeroplanes and boats to link together industries and towns on the map and transport the cargo they produce.

Soon goin' to try Heroes of Might and Magic 6 which got released earlier this week, hope it's as good as HoMaM 3.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

I used to be addicted to Battle for Middle Earth 2, but the devs really seemed to forget about that game fast (there was like, 1 patch; that's it).

Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is good (I sucked at this game for sooo long; it was just recently that I figured out how to actually play the game ).

Medieval Total War 2 is awsome, but it does get old after a while.

I play Spore occasionally, but it also gets old (in it, you evolve cells into a space empire; fun at first, but it gets really repeatitive, even with the added content).

Europa Universalis Rome is like what Valk was talking about, just in an early Roman period (not that I ever play Romans; ick! I'm either greek, celtic, or some middle-eastern civ or other )

I play Civilization 4, but only with one extremely awesome mod: Fall from Heaven 2. It is the ultimate fantasy mod for Civ, and the lore is excellent. Even DOF could learn a thing or two from it!

And of course, Age of Mythology is always a favorite (I mean, it's Age of Empires with gods and mythical creatures; what's not to like? )
Old 10-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
I used to be addicted to Battle for Middle Earth 2, but the devs really seemed to forget about that game fast (there was like, 1 patch; that's it).

Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is good (I sucked at this game for sooo long; it was just recently that I figured out how to actually play the game ).

Europa Universalis Rome is like what Valk was talking about, just in an early Roman period (not that I ever play Romans; ick! I'm either greek, celtic, or some middle-eastern civ or other )

I play Civilization 4, but only with one extremely awesome mod: Fall from Heaven 2. It is the ultimate fantasy mod for Civ, and the lore is excellent. Even DOF could learn a thing or two from it!

And of course, Age of Mythology is always a favorite (I mean, it's Age of Empires with gods and mythical creatures; what's not to like? )
I played Battle for middle earth 1 alot tried the 2nd one but didn't like it as much.

Heroes of might and magic 5 was one of the worst in that series by far imo, try heroes 3 or 4 those are the best ones... hell even heroes 1 is good, tho the units take up like 1/4 of your screen.

Never tried EU rome, as long as it's much alike EU2 i should try it out i think. same here tried EU 3 and didn't like it.

Civ 4 was fun but Civ 5 is alot better, and there's some very good mods there aswell.

and ofc i've always been a fan of the AoE series, AoE 2 and mythology is by far the best ones here, I'm up for a match in these games at any times.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Heroes of might and magic 5 was one of the worst in that series by far imo, try heroes 3 or 4 those are the best ones... hell even heroes 1 is good, tho the units take up like 1/4 of your screen.
Yeah, I've only ever tried Hereos 5; but once Heroes 6 comes out...

Quote:
and ofc i've always been a fan of the AoE series, AoE 2 and mythology is by far the best ones here, I'm up for a match in these games at any times
Yeah, they're both great. I have AoE 3 too, but even with the expansions, it's just...well, it's just not the same. Like the AoE 3 campaign...it sucked. Well, not the first part, that was alright (nice story, anyway). But after that, you just fight the same people over and over and over again.

Oh yeah, I forgot in my last post: GUILD WARS!!!
It's the only RPG I ever really got into; and once Guilds Wars 2 comes out...
Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

If you guys get that new heroes game, will you let me know if its any good? ive been pondering buying it
Old 10-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Quote:
Yeah, I've only ever tried Hereos 5; but once Heroes 6 comes out...
It just got released earlier this week, the Trailer was pretty nice as well, yet haven't got my time to try it out tho.

Quote:
Yeah, they're both great. I have AoE 3 too, but even with the expansions, it's just...well, it's just not the same. Like the AoE 3 campaign...it sucked. Well, not the first part, that was alright (nice story, anyway). But after that, you just fight the same people over and over and over again.
Yea AoE3 was bad, and the multiplayer was even worse.

You should try out Mass effect1 and 2, Both were really good. It's an Action RPG.
ME3 will be released next year.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Quote:
You should try out Mass effect1 and 2, Both were really good. It's an Action RPG.
ME3 will be released next year.
Im really looking forward to ME3, I love the series as its one of the best RPG i have played. So eagerly awaiting that..

Truly hope someone somewhere makes a Dungeon Keeper 3.. Loved those games a lot specially the map editors.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatguyAds1298 View Post
Im really looking forward to ME3, I love the series as its one of the best RPG i have played. So eagerly awaiting that..

Truly hope someone somewhere makes a Dungeon Keeper 3.. Loved those games a lot specially the map editors.
yea i'm really hyped for ME3 as well.

haha dungeon keeper... haven't played that game since i was just a youngling. i'd play that game if they made a new one.