Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

lost hero - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 04:47 AM

jamanuel has a default reputation
Default lost hero

I seem to have lost my hero. I logged out of the game for the evening. Before doing so, i garrisioned my army. When I returned, he was gone. I can not find him anywhere on the map. I tried loggin off and on a few times but nothing happens. Any suggestions ?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

nuraiel has a default reputation

No suggestion, I just wanted to say I have the same problem. A while after a PvP match that got out of sync I noticed that my hero was gone too.
Like stated in the first post, he is just gone, not in one of the armys and not in my hometown.

Is there an replacement policy for heroes?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Programmer

Jarno Montonen has a default reputation

Hey, we can atleast make it automaticly spawn you a new one in the next patch if for some reason the hero gets completely lost. Can't really make it the same level or stats though, so maybe we'll just spawn a level 10 one or something. Obviously far from an ideal solution. We'll need to figure out why this is happening.

Sorry for the trouble!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

macamus has a default reputation

My hero just reset without getting lost at all :/
Old 10-13-2011, 04:52 PM

Fenrir_Icewolf has a default reputation
Angry Lost Hero, among other things.

I lost my hero as well, crippling my ability to continue quests. I logged out with my army garrisoned at my home city, and the next time I logged in he was gone.

I've logged back in to other bugs periodically as well, like Dwarven Rifleman who always have 50% hp, a group of villagers lost off the edge of the map who are forever "Idle" and immobile and my army attacking my own villagers for the first few seconds as I appear in my town after a log in. Nothing as debilitating as no longer having a hero, though.

I really like the questing in this game (despite frequent PvP with instant payouts (no option to fight at all), or when I (rarely) can choose to engage the enemy uses heavily bugged exploits with Elven Cavalry with thousand+ movement speed killing off my army in (truly) ten seconds or less. As it stands now, however, I can't do even that one thing I enjoy that did seem to be working.

This game is so unbelievably broken right now. How did this get out of beta in this state? I am pretty much chalking this up to wasted money and recommending against people buying this game for at least six months to allow time to iron things out. It's irresponsible that this much should still be broken in a released game.

Last edited by Fenrir_Icewolf : 10-13-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

@ Fenrir_Icewolf

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, unfortunately in the game this complex bad things do happen. And I absolutely agree - the game was released a little bit ahead of schedule - but this was not our decision. However we are doing all we can on our end to get the game in the top shop quick.

To address your problems:

1) Try logging into your game again, your hero will be back to your townhall - but he will loose his level.

2) I`ve send you a private message as well with bonus codes to make up for this issue.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:05 PM

Default Thank You.

I do wish to thank you for the quick response, which unlike many games I have played was prompt and relevant.

I'll log in and have a look.

Thanks for the quick assistance. Despite my troubles I have a lot of respect for you and the technical team here for what must be quite difficult on both ends.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:05 PM

Default One more time?

Can you try once more to relocate or replace my hero to my hometown? He still shows up in NPC cities but when I leave town he's not with my army nor at my home town, and has no select-able portrait at any time.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:36 PM

Tenebre1971 has a default reputation
Default No Hero

Ok due some buggs i lost 3 times the hero lvl, but able to pop up in the city and do again and again the experienxe to make him grow up agin and again around lvl 23-25, now lost forever and i'm very wondering that cant get him back and i have to start to building up a new city...again, i always read carfuly all patch note and i understood that now all workers dosent stop to work..... my last dwarf miners (was 2 beafore the patch 1 missed i dont know how) still stop to work when log in out the game, restarted also the computer and refreshed windows but no way to get back the hero, i spoke with a lot of guys in in game system chat but someone wasnt get beafore the problem (so cant help me at all but was a good one) someone else was answering that i no need hero to play the game so conclusion after the game lunch i bealive there are 2 kind of guys 1 dosent care at all about game, other try to do the best to solve all buggs, i wont blame the second one but i realy apeciate this guy but thinking i pay 50 euro for a beta game. So back to ask a solution to have heros back and let us play the game, 1 guy want tell the name killed all my army with elven cavalery in 6 second, and then after ask me to pay (again bug) as i retire from the match because the fight will not end for a bug, i was forced in order to play a bit to agree 2 times but i said no last time... and u know what happen was tell me in aroggant way take ur birthday present..... this is the way?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:32 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Programmer

Jarno Montonen has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebre1971 View Post
Ok due some buggs i lost 3 times the hero lvl, but able to pop up in the city and do again and again the experienxe to make him grow up agin and again around lvl 23-25, now lost forever and i'm very wondering that cant get him back and i have to start to building up a new city...again, i always read carfuly all patch note and i understood that now all workers dosent stop to work..... my last dwarf miners (was 2 beafore the patch 1 missed i dont know how) still stop to work when log in out the game, restarted also the computer and refreshed windows but no way to get back the hero, i spoke with a lot of guys in in game system chat but someone wasnt get beafore the problem (so cant help me at all but was a good one) someone else was answering that i no need hero to play the game so conclusion after the game lunch i bealive there are 2 kind of guys 1 dosent care at all about game, other try to do the best to solve all buggs, i wont blame the second one but i realy apeciate this guy but thinking i pay 50 euro for a beta game. So back to ask a solution to have heros back and let us play the game, 1 guy want tell the name killed all my army with elven cavalery in 6 second, and then after ask me to pay (again bug) as i retire from the match because the fight will not end for a bug, i was forced in order to play a bit to agree 2 times but i said no last time... and u know what happen was tell me in aroggant way take ur birthday present..... this is the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_Icewolf View Post
Can you try once more to relocate or replace my hero to my hometown? He still shows up in NPC cities but when I leave town he's not with my army nor at my home town, and has no select-able portrait at any time.

Thanks!
Hey, are you sure it's your hero that appears in NPC cities and not just some other unit (you get to move a normal unit in the city if you don't have a hero in the army). Also what's your account name, city name and on which slot do you have it so we can try to debug this.

Really sorry about this! After today's patch you will atleast get a replacement hero in your homecity if the real one gets lost somehow. Obviously we'll still have to figure out why the heroes go hiding. - Cowards, I guess!

Last edited by Jarno Montonen : 10-14-2011 at 01:35 AM.