Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

crown/influence - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

Would work yes but I'd like them to have a fully paid crowns option, crown discount, and cash only to keep the harecore and casual player base happy. Those that play alot will get what they want with effort and those with less time will get what they want instantly with cash. Most rst games online are browser based games and free to play, they also have a good amount of players on them due to money problems. We want them to leave those games and come here and the free expansion option would be a big seller to them.

~Edit~ It's like how Eve Online works you can play for free pretty much by being active in game and buying game time with ingame money and the ppl without the time to do that buy the game time cards to sell ingame or pay a monthly fee. Last I heard tho Eve online devs got greedy and made a cash shop which pretty much forced players to fork over cash for a edge and their was a mass exodus of players that have been around forever quiting the game. Not sure of the details of it tho rly.

Last edited by Magicmud83 : 10-12-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post
Would work yes but I'd like them to have a fully paid crowns option, crown discount, and cash only to keep the harecore and casual player base happy. Those that play alot will get what they want with effort and those with less time will get what they want instantly with cash. Most rst games online are browser based games and free to play, they also have a good amount of players on them due to money problems. We want them to leave those games and come here and the free expansion option would be a big seller to them.

~Edit~ It's like how Eve Online works you can play for free pretty much by being active in game and buying game time with ingame money and the ppl without the time to do that buy the game time cards to sell ingame or pay a monthly fee. Last I heard tho Eve online devs got greedy and made a cash shop which pretty much forced players to fork over cash for a edge and their was a mass exodus of players that have been around forever quiting the game. Not sure of the details of it tho rly.
um no. cash shop only would be bad.it would remove the point of the crowns system kinda and it would get many people ****ed while making hardscore players who can spend 500-1k buy a lot.That system would be just TOO bad!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
um no. cash shop only would be bad.it would remove the point of the crowns system kinda and it would get many people ****ed while making hardscore players who can spend 500-1k buy a lot.That system would be just TOO bad!
My post is anti cash shop only not sure why you qouted mine its the last thing I want but lets face the facts theres a cash shop ingame where you can spend real money. Wouldn't be there if they didn't plan to make money from it.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

because you mentioned cash shop to keep hardscore players happy and casual which won't work.You can't please both type of players.Hardscore money spenders would like big advantages over others while casual money players don't like that and prefer stuff like construction update and other stuff. As for making money it works as long as they don't add stuff that you can't get in game .In guild wars you could get stuff from in game or store that was mostly customizable and didn't break the game.I can assure you that shop wasn't for hardscore money players. I wouldn't mind paying for expansions as long as it's expansions. I would like crowns to be used for crafting and other stuff when hero customization comes in play .
Old 10-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

By hardcore I ment the people grinding crowns to pay for things and the casual people with less game time can use cash. "Those that play alot will get what they want with effort and those with less time will get what they want instantly with cash" from my last post.

I've played to many p2w games and don't want to see it happen here I just want a way for the people like students without much money to not miss out on the expansions and those without much time due to long work hours to be able to keep up with harecore or "nolife" players.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:53 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post

there shouldnt be a option to pay for the expansions with JUST crowns. for the mere fact that if we want this game to be successful, then the devs need a to earn a living. that living comes from us paying them. partial by useing crowns to get a discount is for the sake of "the hardcore" players. but they still should have to pay per say 50% of the cost with their own money. to ensure the dev's actually can afford to continue and support the game no?