Game refund - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:00 PM

karamot has fair reputation
Default Game refund

i havent found another section, so i try ask here

is it possible to get a refund and delete my account ?

im not satisfacted of the game, how can i procede?

waiting staff support about
ty
Old 10-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hello,

Any refunds always go through the merchant - so try contacting the place where you bought the game, various merchants have different refunds policies. I`m not entirely sure but if you purchased and played the game they might not provide a refund Sorry you didn`t like the game.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:46 PM

well game isnt complete, so i should have to be able to get refund, i try contact merchant....

ty
Old 10-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Like Kon mentioned, all refunds are handled by the merchant. Where ever you bought the game is where you will get your refund. We dont sell our games, so if you bought the game from Nexway than you have to contact Nexway for your refund, if it was somewhere else you will do the samething.

To your response on "So I should have to be able to get a refund", that all depends on how that merchant handles refunds.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima

Last edited by Henry Martin : 10-12-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:13 PM

Uzik has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamot View Post
well game isnt complete, so i should have to be able to get refund, i try contact merchant....

ty
You guys really should have a disclaimer about it being a work in progress.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzik View Post
You guys really should have a disclaimer about it being a work in progress.
I can name several games that at the time they came out werent considered "Complete". A few of those games did a major update to the game which made it a lot better. Also if you do a bit of research on our forums, even starting a thread asking questions (which there have been a few) then you will see that this game needs work.

This game is "released", but buggy. We as a developer are choosing to make our name known and to please our fans by continual support of the game. If we were in the business model of say minecraft then yes the game wouldn't be considered "Released" and we would still have it as Preorder so it would be labeled as "Work in Progress". There have been several games that were in much bugger states than this one, half done and nothing was ever done about it.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima

Last edited by Henry Martin : 10-12-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Im just going to hop in here and say something..

Its to bad that you dont feel the game is for you and have decided to persue a refund, So i wish you the best. I know a lot of players however who are enjoying the game a lot even though there are problems (Which are being fixed).

You have to remember that real effort is being put into this game, From both players and developers. No one is sitting doing nothing, Bug reports are being reported / looked at and the overall support for the game is really good. As Henry said some games do not get much support after the game is released. An if you take this into consideration id say we are very lucky to have players and devs who care.

Finally, If you are upset with the game due to problems in game, Why not take a short break for a week or two? I know it must be hard to do this as you believe your money is wasted. However i strongly believe that you should heed this advice and come back after a short time. The amount of bug fixes happening is going at a super fast rate, I really think you can enjoy this game.

If you are set on giving up though as i said earlier, Take care and i wish you the best. An sorry for the long post, I was just trying to explain my opinion on the matter.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:08 PM

just to be clear, i bought a game just for tha positive impression about it

but my idea of the game is different from what it will become, or at last from what i intended reading forum and more

game is not complete, and u know a lot of software house release a lot of games incomplete, work in progress as u like to say, but they had to refund a lot of ppl because legally they failed and had to refund.

i dont want to arrive at legal operation, i asked already merchant if i can have refund, my motivation are mine, if someone wanna blame me, do it, but respect other decisions...

if refund will be denied , i will continue follow the game, thats all
Old 10-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatguyAds1298 View Post
Im just going to hop in here and say something..

Its to bad that you dont feel the game is for you and have decided to persue a refund, So i wish you the best. I know a lot of players however who are enjoying the game a lot even though there are problems (Which are being fixed).

You have to remember that real effort is being put into this game, From both players and developers. No one is sitting doing nothing, Bug reports are being reported / looked at and the overall support for the game is really good. As Henry said some games do not get much support after the game is released. An if you take this into consideration id say we are very lucky to have players and devs who care.

Finally, If you are upset with the game due to problems in game, Why not take a short break for a week or two? I know it must be hard to do this as you believe your money is wasted. However i strongly believe that you should heed this advice and come back after a short time. The amount of bug fixes happening is going at a super fast rate, I really think you can enjoy this game.

If you are set on giving up though as i said earlier, Take care and i wish you the best. An sorry for the long post, I was just trying to explain my opinion on the matter.
I'll just use my old exemple of a catastrophe that most people know about of a game launch:

AAA Title battlefield: Bad company 2.
At launch myself and nobody else i know could play it for over a week+ if i remember right.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Refunds are between the customer and the distributor, no need to argue.

As for being incomplete, the game features three campaigns with fifty quests each, three unique game modes as well as a very powerful editor, and a host of other features that translate into a lot of bang for your buck. Sure the game had a soft release a couple weeks before town PVP and alliances were enabled, but we were very open about all this - including what would and what would not be in the initial release as well as our promise to our fans. I call it a soft release because the game will be much more available later this month, and that is also when the marketing drive will really kick in. Our CEO even urged people to wait a couple weeks to buy the game if they wanted optimal performance and all the PVP features for their first playthrough - I think that's a pretty honest disclaimer right there. But no, I would not call DOF an incomplete game by any means.
Closed Thread