Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Having trouble installing/starting DoF? READ THIS FIRST! - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Programmer

Jarno Montonen has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_batty View Post
I click play, screen goes black then returns saying. dof.exe has encountered a problem and has stopped working. windows tries to find a problem(doesnt happen) whats goin on??
Hey, are you still having this issue? Have you tried the solutions in the first post?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:05 PM

Delinor has a default reputation

Hi all

I noticed someone has invallid CD key this is not likely

I had to run the grid on Zeros and Naughts to get mine to work as there is no difference between the two and CD keys do contain 0 & o in them

Hope this helps.

Now for my question I have a fledgling orc Kingdom I have been playing for 2 weeks since I started the game and was enjoying it greatly.
But now when I try to enter the Kingdom it does not get to the video step any more where it zooms about showing you what your stronghold looks like it just stops responding before it reaches this stage.

I have created another Kingdom to keep me entertained whilst I report this and hopefully find a fix but if any one can help me enter my Orc Stronghold again I would be greatful.

Regards

Del
Old 11-10-2011, 04:00 PM

Henry V has a default reputation
Default Installation Problems

Hi,

I have Windows 7, 64 bits

When I try to install the game the following message appears:

"Error reading from file ...\introvid505.st.mithpak..."

What can I do to solve this ?

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Henry, it looks like there was a problem with downloading the game client. Try downloading the client again please this should fix this.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:24 AM

Henry V has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Henry, it looks like there was a problem with downloading the game client. Try downloading the client again please this should fix this.
Hi,

I have an older PC with Windows XP(64 bits) and the game installed with no problems, just having a LOT of "lag" playing,

I would like to install it in my new PC with Windows 7(64 bits), I downloaded the game again and received the same message when trying to install,

what could be???
Old 11-23-2011, 08:07 PM

BeondXpectations has a default reputation

OK. Here is my problem starting the game...

I get through the file updates, through the two company logo videos, and to the DOF title page with the castle, and ships at sea to the left, and cavalry at bottom. I get the cursor (hand with extended finger), and it works fine. But then no buttons come up. There is nothing to click on. After about 30 to 60 seconds, the game window closes and I get a windows error message... "DOF.exe has stopped working. Window is checking for a solution to the problem." After a few seconds it comes back with the message... "A problem caused the program to stop working correclty. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Yeah, right... as if windows knows what the problem is.

In the icon's properties I selected run compatible with Windows 7 (which is what I have) and run as admin. I also have the updated network version 4. I don't think its the video driver because I get to the DOF title page, and I get through the two movies.

Anyone know what to do?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:57 PM

thedarkheart has a default reputation
Default CD key

i've checked the cd key posts but none of it helps me... after i instaled the game it asks my cd key... i put it in correctly but then it says its out of time and then wont go any further... i dont know what to do
Old 12-01-2011, 03:04 PM

Agesilas has a default reputation
Default CD key period time over

Hello;

I just buy DOF today and after tiping the CD key a windown tell me that my CD key time period is over. Do I need q new one ? if yes who can I find one ?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Just send me a private message including your CD Key and I`ll be able to fix this for you.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:46 PM

born to phil has a default reputation
Default :(

i just purchesed the game last night downloaded it installed it etc it runs fine till i try enter combat i get a black screen and the courser still there but voices like on the map plz help am on windows 7