Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Floating wall due to building a catapult too early. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

Defilus has a default reputation
Default Floating wall due to building a catapult too early.

I am currently busy building my heavy wooden walls and decided to build catapults on the walls right away while other wall segments were still being build. What I didn't know was that one of those places where I built a catapult was actually going to serve as a path to a tower on a cliff. because my catapult was there, the wall got lifted into the air and is now floating above the ground as if it was build on top of a wall. I am unable to drop this wall back into it's normal position so I am wondering if one of the devs has the tools to drop it back where it belongs, while at the same time looking at the bug. Unfortunately every screenshot I am trying to make ifailed but I hope my description is good enough.

My ingame name is Defilus aswell and I am playing with the forest Orcs.

EDIT: It's possible to put troops on the tower on that cliff now that the orcs are done building all the wall parts at that side of the fort so this is purely a graphical bug.

Last edited by Defilus : 10-09-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Hmm, thanks for the report. I don't think we will be able to fix it for your particular homeland, but we will look into the source of the problem - haven't heard of anything like that happening before.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:04 AM

BrandungsFels has fair reputation

something similar happened to me as well, so basically iam now just trying to avoid touching anything until the walls are ready

but i tried it with 2 cities - both cities had completely asymmetric (walkways leading into walls, towers floating, gateways being built shut by walls) walls when i erased them :>
Old 10-10-2011, 06:08 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

can you use a catapult to destroy your own wall section perhaps? then have it rebuilt.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

Defilus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by White935 View Post
can you use a catapult to destroy your own wall section perhaps? then have it rebuilt.
I tried that but it seems I can't damage it with my own catapult. xD
Old 10-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defilus View Post
I tried that but it seems I can't damage it with my own catapult. xD
hmm.. strange, i could kill my own **** with my trebs. specialy before that patch that made trebs crazy just auto shooting everything they saw.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

at worst you'll just have to ask the guy who sieges you if he could kindly destroy that wall section <.<
Old 10-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by White935 View Post
at worst you'll just have to ask the guy who sieges you if he could kindly destroy that wall section <.<
Hai there, dear sir. Could you please blast a hole my wall over there before you start raining down destruction on my village?

sounds funny