Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

So I like the game but now what? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2011, 04:53 PM

Firehed has a default reputation
Question So I like the game but now what?

Well I believe the idea of the game is great, but it was released a little premature with not all concepts yet fully developed and a few too many bugs. So I play the orcs and I believe my city is as big as it can get with only 10 hours of playing time, all buildings, all men, all upgrades, the quests are exceptianally easy and recources are abundent, without pvp, am i done with the game for now?

I think the game also needs a guide, tutorial or some kind of help for the players more than the small help in the top corner of the game.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

Like World of warcraft(or any other MMO) when you hit max and got you epic gear, you say to yourself what now?
you log off and never look at the game again...

naw but seriously City siege is only a few days away and Alliance only a few weeks. This will add a quiet big kick too the game, and with what they've planned for the next few months as well.

But for now just pvp and earn wealth or build new citys, level your hero (this took some time) or even an army of 60 squads... but dragons are by far the worst to level.

And imo a tutorial is just for people who are to lazy too find out things on their own

Last edited by Valkyrie : 10-07-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Apart from sieges, the campaign is more to introduce players to the game world rather than to serve as the backbone of Online Kingdom gameplay. Travel the World Map, visiting randomized villages and sieging massive strongholds, and try your strength up against the dwarves and the dragons. But if you do want something more to pass the time until full PvP, you can also try the campaigns of the elves and the men or test our the scenario design editor or Kingdom Wars.

And we will soon have a fully playable and race-specific tutorial The script is written already, we just haven't had the time to implement it.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

xeovy has a default reputation

is normal for a new game have little content
more options for pvp, titles, ranking, etc..
Personalization of the hero, the personalization your city more new buildings
one wall more.
The naval battles and magic.
All these things will be added to the game, just hopefully not be delayed.
I trust that programmers do not delay the new content

Last edited by xeovy : 10-08-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Think the alliances should come before city seiges. Would hate to lose all my peasants against a massive army.

Im not sure how city seiges work in this game, but say you have 90 pop limit. 60 are peasants. 30 are defense units. You have walls up, and doing your thing. Then a full army or all military army against your peasants? With alliances atleast you could bring in help. Is this correct?

Loosing all peasants, resources, and having your city burned down would suck. But you need peasants/resources. How is this actualy going to work?

Any infoon this i can read? As this is all speculation and a lone human hating to have everything razerd to the ground lol. Those female peasants are by far a costly thing
Old 10-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Strages

Your city has a rating just like your standing armies, I assume it'll work exactly like normal pvp and they'll try to closely match your rating to your attackers. Peasants don't count for much if anything in the rating system so in theory you would be fine.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

chanman20 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strages View Post
Your city has a rating just like your standing armies, I assume it'll work exactly like normal pvp and they'll try to closely match your rating to your attackers. Peasants don't count for much if anything in the rating system so in theory you would be fine.
^ yup plus who really has a ton of Peasants i think i have 15 in my city atm and i make a ton plus i make a lot from trading
Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 AM

evansgreen has a default reputation

What now? Now you finished the beta testing! Congratulations, now it's up to you to buy the game when they release.

Wait...

what?

you bought it already??

They released already??????
Old 10-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by evansgreen View Post
What now? Now you finished the beta testing! Congratulations, now it's up to you to buy the game when they release.

Wait...

what?

you bought it already??

They released already??????
You fail.

Back on topic. PvP is going to be what I spend all my time on once it gets a little more refined! I'll definately go beat up on some dragons though because I am full to capacity with troops.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:10 AM

Vish_Virtus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehed View Post
Well I believe the idea of the game is great, but it was released a little premature with not all concepts yet fully developed and a few too many bugs. So I play the orcs and I believe my city is as big as it can get with only 10 hours of playing time, all buildings, all men, all upgrades, the quests are exceptianally easy and recources are abundent, without pvp, am i done with the game for now?

I think the game also needs a guide, tutorial or some kind of help for the players more than the small help in the top corner of the game.
The Devs could pull back the resources a bit and add a ton of stuff to upgraded the Castles. Next week you better have your castle upgraded to the max if not, you will be spending all your resources on rebuilding. I have 158 crowns and I am holding off until the big day! There is PVP not sure why you can't find it. Put up a camp...