Online... - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Diggz has a default reputation
Default Online...

The MMORTS better not continually redirect and/or make some features only accessible from a browser.

Personally, I think games that require you to log onto their website to recruit an army (dreamlords, i was in the beta) or other stuff like that is a sign of either a poor company, or shoddy workmanship.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Like joining a clan?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

I don't quite understand what you mean.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

It seams to me he's talking about those "no graphics" browser games but I'm not sure how that would relate to DoF.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 04-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

He's talking about those games that you log on into your browser every few hours to run your city and put out orders. They are a bit boring but Travian gives you a bit of a challenge at least...
Old 04-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

I personally like those games like Holy War, that's a good game.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggz View Post
The MMORTS better not continually redirect and/or make some features only accessible from a browser.

Personally, I think games that require you to log onto their website to recruit an army (dreamlords, i was in the beta) or other stuff like that is a sign of either a poor company, or shoddy workmanship.
Though the online portion is still being developed, we are planning on having some features browser based. Not saying that you have to alt-tab and go into IE or Firefox (or whatever you may use) but it will displayed in an in-game browser and made available on the Reverie Online website as well.

These wont be concerned with "running your kingdom" though, it will be mostly managing your account (display picture, username, password, ect.) and also things like joining clans / clan management.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Diggz has a default reputation

Well, that's good, Those you can't really do in-game without a bit of lag of people continually updating and uploading... but what i was hitting at was in the game Dreamlords, you have to go onto a browser, log on to your account, and then begin to access the game's features, then go back into the game to play the battles, then go back to the browser and recruit more soldiers and crap.

That's what im talking about.

(Dreamlords isn't out yet but i was in the beta)
Old 04-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggz View Post
Well, that's good, Those you can't really do in-game without a bit of lag of people continually updating and uploading... but what i was hitting at was in the game Dreamlords, you have to go onto a browser, log on to your account, and then begin to access the game's features, then go back into the game to play the battles, then go back to the browser and recruit more soldiers and crap.

That's what im talking about.

(Dreamlords isn't out yet but i was in the beta)

dof you have to make your army in game, cutting down forests, mining gold and stone, harvesting food through livestock, farming hay, or hunting; then training troops with resources you've collected with several types of military buildings that by the way you built.
It will not be a "browser" out of the game to recruit solders, that just sounds stupid to me.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Axal01 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
dof you have to make your army in game, cutting down forests, mining gold and stone, harvesting food through livestock, farming hay, or hunting; then training troops with resources you've collected with several types of military buildings that by the way you built.
It will not be a "browser" out of the game to recruit solders, that just sounds stupid to me.
So its one of those games where you buy from a retail store?

or is it

Buy from our site or another site

Right now i currently play "Ikarium" its a web-browser based game, good game but i dont like web-browser based games,theres no real action or anything. To me the game sounds like it would be in the lines of "Stronghold", buy the game, put the disc in, load game up,login, and play right? because i like it that way "Buy the game,put the disc in,login through game" is much better

but its good to know that Dawn of Fantasy won't be a web-based browser game