Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Gobbos! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation
Default Gobbos!

So, Goblins!

I have pvp'd with them a little and was wondering what people though on this matter, The goblins strength is in their numbers, but they dont really last long either way at the moment, i know white disbands loads of them every few hours, So maybe we could give them some use?

I dont think they should be made 'stronger' per say, As it stats, they are supposed to be weak after all, But maybe increase their squad size so they can better take advantage of their best atrribute... Swarming the enemy?

Just want to know what people think, Would be nice to see more goblins used in battle, Cmon...think of the poor gobbos!

'Me shoot you twice!'
Old 10-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

meh just use them as cannon fodder to eat some arrows be4 you big units gets to the front lines.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Id do that, but since archers have unlimited arrows, it kind of doesnt make a difference and they just eat population points
Old 10-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatguyAds1298 View Post
Id do that, but since archers have unlimited arrows, it kind of doesnt make a difference and they just eat population points
hmm point taken, they should make so you have to make arrows pre-battle convert them from wood with a special building or something. would be pretty neat imo, then goblins would get a purpose in this world!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

even if arrows were limited i'd use another unit for fodder. as goblins are weak to archery.

all in all i find goblins completely useless. thought i find most of the orc troops inferior to the other races in term of counterpart. thought i dont mind that i just wish they increased the orc troops numbers. so instead of slayer being 24/24 it would be 30/30 ect. to balance out damage and hp that way.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by White935 View Post
even if arrows were limited i'd use another unit for fodder. as goblins are weak to archery.

all in all i find goblins completely useless. thought i find most of the orc troops inferior to the other races in term of counterpart. thought i dont mind that i just wish they increased the orc troops numbers. so instead of slayer being 24/24 it would be 30/30 ect. to balance out damage and hp that way.
hey,at least it's a free unit
Old 10-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Hehe, Maybe if they did something other then die like help build stuff or something, But at the moment they just crowd the town and die, Even if they do say funny things when you click them

Or if they helped put out fires or repair stuff during siege.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:31 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

either you'd have to buff all units to be "useful" or debuff prices in a manner thar lower tier units are used due to price. or why not produce a pure army of only the best units? i know CR balances this but really, its not that goblins are useless, its more that their taking pop cap that's better used on other units.

personally i wish prices for units went up 3x so that you'd use lower tier units, cus you cant afford a 100% knight army.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:25 PM

sCor has a default reputation

Only way I see them becoming useful is by:
1.) Doubling the amount of goblins per group
2.) Decrease the amount they take up on the unit limit
3.) Allow for a certain number of goblins to be added to each army, even if it has reached the pop cap.

Other option I could see:
1.) You can only produce a limited amount of goblins (say for example 10 groups)
2.) They don't add up to your population cap, thus you can add them to your army without them stealing any spots other units would have used.

I'm currently trying to build up an army consisting only of goblins just to see how well they fight all by themselfs.

Last edited by sCor : 10-06-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

I made a 164 attack, 23 units, level 5 goblin army yesterday to try it out in pvp but sadly all I got was errors and bugs so I wasn't able to fight with them but when you think about it 164 attack is about 8-9 human units and I think even less for elfs. 23 vs 8 even tho weak isn't bad at all for free units imo.