Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Cursor Bug. Game is unplayable. Menu Bug too. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2011, 03:21 PM

evansgreen has a default reputation
Default Cursor Bug. Game is unplayable. Menu Bug too.

Good night developers. I bought this game full of hype and good will, completely decided to accept a pre-release state of game and to cope with some of the technical problems I read everywhere the game had, in order to give this game, which I thought it was a brilliant concept, a good chance to develop itself and some of my well-earned money.

I expected some bugs and glitches. I did.

Regarding the game, I can't tell how good or bad it is because I haven't been able to play it since I downloaded it. I'm not going to name every single trouble I had one by one, but the most important game-breaking ones:

1. If I move my mouse cursor, while it is moving, the screen freezes. No matter what. I have a good PC, GTX 480, AMD 4 processors 2.5, 4gb ram, windows 7, everything else runs smooth. Graphics being high or low does 0 impact on performance they're always 60 fps if I don't move the mouse. But if I do, while I do, 0 fps and if I "abuse" moving the mouse game crashes.

This makes the game virtually unplayable and extremely annoying. Please help me with this issue, cause I would like, now that I already paid the money, to at least be able to try the game and play a few hours, and who knows, maybe more (though in such state of development I'm afraid it's not going to be possible).

2. If I press "escape" to open the menu a few times, I don't know if related to mouse cursor moving bug, the menu dissapears and it doesn't let me open the menu again. Any other window no problem. The menu just "cease to exist". Alt f4 has been my only option until now. Sad.

Finally, I just want to say again that I want to like the game. I really do. I have to congratulate the team for a brilliant concept, some refreshing air into what seems to be an uprising genre, but whoever is responsible for the release of such an alpha version of it, should be having trouble to sleep (that being if he sleeps at all and he's not patching like there is no tomorrow :P)