Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

3 member co-op forward base - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Do you think a group of players who band together to form a guild or alliance could found a new city for a hefty donation of resources from each player? the players would get no control over the city itself except where it is placed.

Basicly the city grows from a small village into a town, then a city

The city would eventually as it grows generate resources and gold for the players, every minute just like gathering does, The players have to send their own troops to garrison the city and keep order. if its attacked then they must defend it on the battle map with the troops they garrisoned (each player controling the troops they donated to garrison) If a player is offline then the troops are split or given entirely to any member of the alliance who is online at the time, if none are online then AI takes control or its not attackable.

So anyway, there could be city 'types' say the guild coudl set up a trade city, which generates gold and resources.. OR they coudls et up a military city which generates units now and again or trains them for cheaper cost then other cities. An then maybe they could just make it a forward strike position type city, which attacks enemy players now and again randomly.

Either way enemy players could attack the city and unlike other npc towns the player defends it, and it works the same way except the players choose to either fight or pay them off. If the city gets destroyed then it becomes a 'ruin' and must be rebuilt costing quite a bit of recources again.

Well its just an idea, the city would be much like an npc town and only visitable by the guild or alliance members owners, but attackable by all via the start pvp option or targeted pvp.

The enemy player who manages to win the battle gets a percentage of the cost to make the city as loot, Maybe 5-10% Nothing major.

The point of these cities would be to just give the ability to expand a bit maybe, Extend your hand into new lands as it were.

Anyways that my take on the idea, Reasons behind making the city NPC and all is to make it less difficult,

Sorry if i repeated a bit of the idea from earlier in this post but i decided to post here instead of a new thread becuase this one exists on somewhat the same topic