Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

A very important topic about pvp. Kon I would love your OP on this. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 PM
DoF Moderator

Gwydion has fair reputation
Default A very important topic about pvp. Kon I would love your OP on this.

First off If you get attacked on 1 out of your 5 armies do all 5 have the 45 min protection and if YOU search for a pvp battle do you have a 45 min protection from being attacked after that?

That said onto the main topic.

I have played this game since beta and almost non stop since release... I have a 100% done human city 60% elf city and like 20% orc city. I love your game and I love the pvp even if it is atm unbalanced race wise, it brings me back into the feeling of the "Golden Age Of Gaming".
I have given so much advice in that blasted chat box instructing people how to play every race I AM DAWN OF FANTASIES GOD DAMN TUTORIAL!!!

I have already done everything there is to (currently) do. Beaten every races npc towns and players from every race, explored the dwarf lands and the dragon one ( SO AWESOME!!!)

With all of that said and done I have come to a conclusion about pvp and it is simply that it is need of a slight tweak in the way it works. I have been in fights that lasted longer than 45 minutes and we have not even gotten to siege battles yet.

I think the timer for armies invulnerability should be an hour after attack and maybe even two for cities once they come out...

Or a different method all together... After a LONG stressful day of work some people want to come home and relax sometimes and if you log into this to play and build your city then suddenly get attacked and get wtfpwned by someone it is REALLY going to drive people away as I have already witnessed this in the general chat box many times especially because whatever determines how many squads are actually killed off completely seems completely random as when my army was once wiped out of 60 squads i lost like 5 completely while when i smashed some poor new guys army of 30/60 squads he was down to 10 after the match. So I suggest that if you spend a decent amount of gold you can be immune for 2 hours but then vulnerable to attack for 4 and can't buy another "invulnerable" for at least those 4 hours.

I can tell you right now I have pvped my ass off in this game and I love it SO MUCH. I have seen however SO much rage about some poor noob getting his army wiped by someone whos got a max city splitting their army up hunting poor noobies for wealth. Hell I have even done that.

Bottom Line
I want to see your company/game succeed and you really need to increase the timer and/or do something along the line of what I just suggested in my
opinion if you want to appeal to more people.

Edit: Gold too easy to get.. make the invulnerability cost crowns... now that would be perfect... especially for a new slow player who LIKES to take it slow.

Also I recall a match were my only loss wiped out my entire army on the game rts map but when i got back to world view it only took away like 5 units from a full stack of 60... then i fought some poor orc noobie with my legion of doom of 60/60 and he lost 20/30 of his squads completely on the world map....... i felt so bad i wanted to trade him resources some how.... the randomization from that mechanic need to be a fixed number of like 5 or 10 or 15 or something.... (imo)

Last edited by Gwydion : 10-03-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Great post - and thanks for the kind words.

1) We do have plans to add immunity - pay 1500 gold or so and you save for 48 hours from PvP. Less for smaller periods of time. The catch is - during this period you can`t be attacked but also can`t attack, if you do - you loose the protection.

2) Yeah I think we`ll boost the time to 45 minutes or even an hour, and yes - if you pay off or fight - your town and armies (all of them) are safe for 30 min.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:45 PM
DoF Moderator

Gwydion has fair reputation

Kon I love you guys for already being one step ahead of me.... but 1500 gold for 48 hours is WAY to cheap.... and it should be wealth or a **** load of gold... I am after all teaching people to farm black dragons and they are 10k a pop. And something really needs to be done about the loseing squads* completely from pvp mechanic, the randomness of how many squads.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Great post - and thanks for the kind words.

1) We do have plans to add immunity - pay 1500 gold or so and you save for 48 hours from PvP. Less for smaller periods of time. The catch is - during this period you can`t be attacked but also can`t attack, if you do - you loose the protection.

2) Yeah I think we`ll boost the time to 45 minutes or even an hour, and yes - if you pay off or fight - your town and armies (all of them) are safe for 30 min.

Remember to make the Immunity only Buyable Per X hours after you break it too. Aka so you dont Attack your "enemies" then immidately buy Immunity to avoid getting a retalitation.