Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2011, 02:53 PM

Matt117 has a default reputation

ok great news thx
Old 10-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Reverie World Studios - Utilities Programmer

Tyler Dodge has a default reputation

Mkendrik

This is probably caused by something other than needing to install .net framework, otherwise you would not have been able to enter your key. Anyway, I will work on diagnosing your issue all I need is a bit more information. I need to know which version of windows you have, the language that you use for windows, and a screenshot of the crash. I cannot push an updater update through the system because your updater does not get to the point where it could update it, but if need be. I can make a hotfix patcher for you.

Matt117

Probably tomorrow I am going to push an update that will expand some of the logging for the updater. I will send you a pm, or an email whichever you prefer when the update is live. Then we can work on further diagnosing the issue.

Sorry about the issues, and we should be able to diagnose and solve the problems in the next few days
Old 10-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

As Tyler mentioned - sorry about the issue guys - but with Tyler working on this we`ll have you in-game in no time. You can also PM me and we`ll throw in some bonus codes to sweeten the deal.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:09 AM

Matt117 has a default reputation
Thumbs up

Thank you guys
can you send me the update via email
ps in the update log stand this

Tag:Error

TimeStamp:02.10.2011 18:44:03

Details:System.IO.IOException: The process can not access the file "C: \ Games \ dof \ game.txt" because it is being used by another process..
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
bei DoFUpdater.Workers.VersionsPass.run(Queue`1 files)
bei DoFUpdater.Workers.UpdaterWorker.doWork()

Tag:Error

TimeStamp:02.10.2011 20:01:37

Details:System.IO.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "H:\Games\DOF\game.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
bei DoFUpdater.Workers.VersionsPass.run(Queue`1 files)
bei DoFUpdater.Workers.UpdaterWorker.doWork()

Last edited by Matt117 : 10-03-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 AM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Matt, just wanted to let you know we prefer to communicate via this forum post or forum Private Messages. So please check this post later today and tomorrow - we should have some solution ready.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:17 PM

SirFranc has a default reputation

I think i may have the same issue, i bought the game today in store and tried to update, after solving the cd key issue i updated all the way to the last phase (where it's written "4 files left") then it crashes always without leaving errors. I installed .net framework etc.. like 20 times to make sure, restarted as well, also run as admin and granted full permission to all users in that folder (on 7 it's an issue for some games) but nothing, crashes on "4 files left" without letting me see the reason *Shrug*
Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 AM

Sorry for double posting but i also needed to kind of bump (seems nobody is having that issue?)

i wanted to add that the updater crashes randomly between 10 files remaining and 4 files remaining (never survives the 4 files tough, then it crashes FOR SURE)
Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 AM

This is being worked on, but looks like it`ll take some time. We should have a solution around Thursday.

Issue is related to the localization for the updater. What you could try is reinstalling the game, selecting English for the Installer`s options. That might help - bit might not.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:31 AM

Mkendrik has a default reputation

Is that for the issue for myself and Matt117 or SirFranco?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
This is being worked on, but looks like it`ll take some time. We should have a solution around Thursday.

Issue is related to the localization for the updater. What you could try is reinstalling the game, selecting English for the Installer`s options. That might help - bit might not.
Done, doesn't work, and my pc is set on english anyway :S
Thanks anyway and i hope it gets fixed soon, the hype is killing me!

Quote:
Is that for the issue for myself and Matt117 or SirFranco?
I guess it's for both, btw it's SirFranc ^^