Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Updater Issues - Installation, Updater Crashes, Updater Problems, CD Key Issues e.t.c - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tech Lead & Media Team Lead

Danny Vink has a default reputation
Default Updater Issues - Installation, Updater Crashes, Updater Problems, CD Key Issues e.t.c

Please Include the Follow with your issue so we can best determine what problem you are having and fix it as fast as possible.
  • A Short Description of what the updater was doing, be sure to check for things when an error message pops up like if the progress bar for files being updated is still working.
  • With each reply please post updater-log.txt file. You can find it in your Dawn of Fantasy directory.
  • Your Dot Net Version
  • Your Direct X Version
  • Your Game.txt which is in the root Directory
  • An Image of the error message if any. (Provide a translation if required to english)
  • Internet Browsers Installed (All of them)
  • Contact Email

~Reverie World Studios
Old 09-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

The updater is currently stuck on "Checking Product Key" and won't budge. I tried closing it via the Task Manager and running the game again but it always hits the wall in the same place.

It doesn't freeze or anything like that, it simply won't progress beyond "Checking Product Key" and I can't get into the game. Was working fine last night.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 09-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

To confirm does this work fine now? From what I could see a lot of new people were updating the game and this caused some bandwidth drops that could have effected the updater. We are going to 10X our server connection early next week to avoid any potential problems.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

zilong has a default reputation

hope they fix all the problems this is a very bad start for the game, its a good game but way to many problems haveing to delete all files and apps then reinstall game over 6x was to much for me at least they will give me refund, if the game gets to the core of all the problems then I might be interested but would rather buy the game from store if I do. till then I hope they realy change all the issues ppl are haveing with Keys and trying to make accounts that will work.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Reverie Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
To confirm does this work fine now?
Nope, still "checking product key". I'll keep trying periodically and report once it works.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 09-30-2011, 01:17 PM

Cukulen has a default reputation

Well I have been trying to update for hours.. So how do I find/get the info requested by the post creator? thanks

Cuk
Old 09-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Reverie Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
Nope, still "checking product key". I'll keep trying periodically and report once it works.
It works now. It seems to have been a firewall issue which is a bit weird since the game worked fine the first time with FW on. But there you have it.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:07 PM

Dachs has a default reputation

Hello from Germany,
I bought the game online
was never asked to fill in activation key during installation
after installation updater immidiately crashes (error: dofupdater has stopped working)
.net actualization done
re-installation done
work around virus program also done
no game.txt file in folder
opera is my browser
vista 64 bit

pls more suggestions

mail: Andreas-Teimann@gmx.de
Old 10-19-2011, 05:07 AM

Nimiria is just above average reputation

Every time I start the game, the updater makes a small update. Its so fast I canīt even see what exactly it does.

Its really every time. I could start it 10 times and in all 10 cases it makes this small update.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:17 AM

ziogualty has a default reputation

I have several pc at home.
Today i tried to start downloaded installer on another machine of mine but t says "Download time has expired" (error code: 0002).
Any tips?