Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Pre-Order Dawn of Fantasy Today! - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2011, 01:47 AM

Magicus has a default reputation

I'll have a go probably in 3 or 4 months time after the game is worth the money (patched well enough to not to cause problems and frustration) and provided it's what I'm looking for (not a money drainer designed to suck me dry). A lot of promises and great plans that I hope will see fulfillment.

I also hope the requirements for low-end machines come down a little because currently this game is a looking at limited player base (comparatively limited, probably around 2-3000 active players during peak hours, and that will require appropriate server management also, I'd like to see how devs approach server issues first) as interaction is the biggest forte in online gaming. It's not difficult graphics/AI-wise taking into account massive scale RTS' from the past and certainly not impossible.

More importantly it's about sustaining and financing the development of this project from current and prospective owners that worries me because I've seen too many LOTROs and Runes of Magics (cunning money drainers) and practically no Guild Wars (genuine purchases) aside from the original GWs.

For now - have fun and goodbye - and good luck with the project.

Last edited by Magicus : 09-28-2011 at 02:28 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:06 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicus View Post
I'll have a go probably in 3 or 4 months time after the game is worth the money (patched well enough to not to cause problems and frustration) and provided it's what I'm looking for (not a money drainer designed to suck me dry). A lot of promises and great plans that I hope will see fulfillment.

I also hope the requirements for low-end machines come down a little because currently this game is a looking at limited player base (comparatively limited, probably around 2-3000 active players during peak hours, and that will require appropriate server management also, I'd like to see how devs approach server issues first) as interaction is the biggest forte in online gaming. It's not difficult graphics/AI-wise taking into account massive scale RTS' from the past and certainly not impossible.

More importantly it's about sustaining and financing the development of this project from current and prospective owners that worries me because I've seen too many LOTROs and Runes of Magics (cunning money drainers) and practically no Guild Wars (genuine purchases) aside from the original GWs.

For now - have fun and goodbye - and good luck with the project.
lol money drainer?and where do you see that?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Elven Sect:
Grand Master

Gongora has good reputation

I have another question, i bought the game twice using the same credit card but with 2 different emails. I plan on installing each one on its own computer, since i used the same card tho will I have any issues?

And for the beta players, do we have to make a new in-game username?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Yes beta players will need to make a new username.

And as long as it`s separate copies of the game, it doesn`t matter how you purchased them - with the same CCard or not.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
lol money drainer?and where do you see that?
I mainly mean that what appears to be free won't be very soon (and there will be an online store which was already confirmed by devs; you cannot have a balanced strategy with virtual goods that can be purchased with real life money). You wouldn't have Reverie giving away 1000 free game keys to begin with (it maybe a sign of generosity to you but game designers don't make games out of love for players, or a guy they know from the Internet calling himself andreicde or Magicus).

This is how the game was financed:

(design)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Fantasy

"...following generous finances provided by the Canadian Government's Telefilm Grant..."

"...In its search for a publisher, Dawn of Fantasy was signed by Lighthouse Interactive,[14] which filed bankruptcy shortly after the deal was made..."

West Coast CA can be very expensive and Canada too (or United Kingdom) - look up developers on LinkedIn. That's why companies like NCSoft relocated to China and managed to survive without ripping customers off - others didn't and won't. Do you seriously think most of the Hollywood productions are actually made in Hollywood? (even over 50% of top scientists in Silicon Valley are foreign born, either Chinese or Indian). Half of it is outsourced to Hong-Kong or other places and god bless Chinese people since they're smart, well educated and not greedy. Greed wasn't the foundation of their heritage for that matter.

Bottom line:

If game doesn't return profit producers shut you down (and you don't go to Canada to be poor) no matter your opinions and designs and whether you want the game to not to have an online store (you'd want it if you're a shortsighted designer).

So you'll either have

1. This game becomes big enough to finance development through core game purchases (like Guild Wars. (balance and profitability) - the winning kind but rare
2. It will be financed through virtual goods / marketing or any other spin (profitability and balance for the wealthy only) - core mmorpg / mmorts market
3. Abandon-ware (little profitability, mediocre balance: little or no development) - core game market, most games end-up this way

Last edited by Magicus : 09-29-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:55 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicus View Post
I mainly mean that what appears to be free won't be very soon (and there will be an online store which was already confirmed by devs; you cannot have a balanced strategy with virtual goods that can be purchased with real life money). You wouldn't have Reverie giving away 1000 free game keys to begin with (it maybe a sign of generosity to you but game designers don't make games out of love for players, or a guy they know from the Internet calling himself andreicde or Magicus).

This is how the game was financed:

(design)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Fantasy

"...following generous finances provided by the Canadian Government's Telefilm Grant..."

"...In its search for a publisher, Dawn of Fantasy was signed by Lighthouse Interactive,[14] which filed bankruptcy shortly after the deal was made..."

West Coast CA can be very expensive and Canada too (or United Kingdom) - look up developers on LinkedIn. That's why companies like NCSoft relocated to China and managed to survive without ripping customers off - others didn't and won't. Do you seriously think most of the Hollywood productions are actually made in Hollywood? (even over 50% of top scientists in Silicon Valley are foreign born, either Chinese or Indian). Half of it is outsourced to Hong-Kong or other places and god bless Chinese people since they're smart, well educated and not greedy. Greed wasn't the foundation of their heritage for that matter.

Bottom line:

If game doesn't return profit producers shut you down (and you don't go to Canada to be poor) no matter your opinions and designs and whether you want the game to not to have an online store (you'd want it if you're a shortsighted designer).

So you'll either have

1. This game becomes big enough to finance development through core game purchases (like Guild Wars. (balance and profitability) - the winning kind but rare
2. It will be financed through virtual goods / marketing or any other spin (profitability and balance for the wealthy only) - core mmorpg / mmorts market
3. Abandon-ware (little profitability, mediocre balance: little or no development) - core game market, most games end-up this way
um guild wars wasn't a money drainer. You paid for game/addons and then skins and mostly decoration items if you wanted..Nothing game breaking
Old 09-29-2011, 06:17 AM

Vish_Virtus has a default reputation

I bought the game and Noticed it charged me 29 Euros hehehe, that is like 46 Canadian. I thought the game was 29 USD which would be 29CAD. I guess I missed the money conversion spot to change it to Canadian... Owell if I messed up (as usuall.. that what my wife says) keep the extra.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
um guild wars wasn't a money drainer. You paid for game/addons and then skins and mostly decoration items if you wanted..Nothing game breaking
That's exactly what I said if you read again (take your time).
Old 09-29-2011, 12:01 PM

Sbshearer has a default reputation

I've just bought the game. I am Hungarian. It said it will cost 30 Euros. My bank account is in HUF. Then i got a message that I paid 17448 Huf for the game. The problem is, that the 1 euro is between 280 and 305 HUF. I checked every bank's exchange rate. So the real cost should have been around 9000 HUF.
What should I do now ??
Old 09-29-2011, 01:51 PM

Suski has a default reputation

I've just preordered the game and when filling in my activation key, it says it doesn't work. Is this because the game isn't "released" yet and do I have to wait till the 30th or?