Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Hero customization - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Liva98989 has a default reputation
Post Hero customization

Hey all, I was playing through the awesome game when i thought of something, i don't know if a post already has this subject, if so i'm sorry, but i just wanted to put it out here to be discussed ;3.
Could there be added a Hero customization, i mean you get one hero and thats it, i would really like if you could change minor things.. like i don't know? Gender maybe? and maybe 3 outfits or something, I don't know if this is already in the game, but it would really be nice if you could make your hero like you wanted him/her to be, and if you wanted it to be a her, since there is no female playable hero in the game, i would really like one
Old 05-09-2011, 03:56 AM

krgwynne has a default reputation

sounds good if it is not already in the game, diffrent items and stuff for them to use would be good aswell.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Crook

/signed

id prefer they spend more development time on stratergy and balanceing before cosmetic stuff though
Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 AM

GrandOp has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crook View Post
/signed

id prefer they spend more development time on stratergy and balanceing before cosmetic stuff though
I agree, but haveing this at some point would be good. aslong you cant put on randome stuff like bunny ears, and have umbrellas for a wepaons.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM

Goralion has a default reputation

It's a good idea.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:46 PM

crazyb0b is just below average reputation

I know this is a little bit of necro-posting but, this is a great idea. DoF is being touted as an MMORTS. While it does have some (albeit very few) mmo features (aside from playing with other people) hero customization would start to bring it in line with a true MMO.
Being able to customize your hero to your liking would allow you to become more immersed in the game.The ability to custom select his appearance and damage type (magic/ranged/melee) and also be able to choose your two skills would be absolutely amazing.

I know there are a lot of things that need work before something like this can be done, but it is something that should definitely be looked at. Heck, I bet most people would even be willing to use the cash shop to be able to make your hero different from everyone else.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

i believe they already mentioned the hero will be customizable. the class,weapons,probably a crafting system,and so on .
Old 08-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

xeovy has a default reputation

customization of the hero talk about it below:
Post Updated on 11th of August.

To add to the above - some features will not make it to the original release, but our team is committed to adding a lot more free content and features right after the release - same way we are committed to getting any remaining bugs fixed in weekly patches after the game is released. This game is in good hands - and if we run out of time and don`t get the game the way you and us want it to be - it won`t take us long - we estimate a month at most - to get it into a top-notch shape after release.

Some features to be added shortly after release:
-Setting any shape battalion formations by drag and selecting, both for individual battalions and armies
-Battalion AI smart enough to properly garrison walls with 1 click
-Full Guild implementation and support
-Player Achievements window
-Expansions to player town design and stronghold designs
-New buildings, unit and abilities
-Visiting other player towns
-Full hero customization with weapons, armor, and mounts
and much much more.

In addition we have confirmed our first two DLC packs
-October - Wizard of the Orders - will introduce a complex magic system to the game as well as controllable wizard heroes, as well as add a new quest storyline
-December - High Seas - naval combat expansion, adds naval combat for PvE and PvP, also adds ability to start a new town near the ocean. In addition this DLC comes complete with a new quest storyline
Old 08-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Yes, hero customization will be ingame sometime after launch. To comment on crazybob, hero customization doesn't make this a true "MMO". That is just another element that we expect from MMOs. MMOs are made up of pieces, not one thing. Also this is an MMO"RTS", not an MMO"RPG", so you hero is not your avatar, your "Town" is your avatar. You control a castle not one unit. I would like to see more customizing of the towns than the avatar. You barely see him and to me hes meaningless. Having a town that looks seperate from another players town makes more sense in a MMORTS. Would also be a lot more fun since other players can visit your town. To me it feels like a lot of MMORPG players are requesting this feature.

Yes dof is like on the mmo features and we have stated that will be adding more as fast as we can.

This is just my opinion.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 08-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

xeovy has a default reputation

[quote=Henry Martin;58577]Yes, hero customization will be ingame sometime after launch. To comment on crazybob, hero customization doesn't make this a true "MMO". That is just another element that we expect from MMOs. MMOs are made up of pieces, not one thing. Also this is an MMO"RTS", not an MMO"RPG", so you hero is not your avatar, your "Town" is your avatar. You control a castle not one unit. I would like to see more customizing of the towns than the avatar. You barely see him and to me hes meaningless. Having a town that looks seperate from another players town makes more sense in a MMORTS. Would also be a lot more fun since other players can visit your town. To me it feels like a lot of MMORPG players are requesting this feature.

If the truth is that he is right, I think most importantly the customization of my city, that of the hero and would be great to do that