Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

[proposals] Defenses construction and Encampments. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

giangvu has a default reputation
Default [proposals] Defenses construction and Encampments.

Current Game : most of the walls of regardless of race r usually premade within a pre-determined circle with a certain cost.

Change :
Implementing customization in placing walls and castle outline. Cost and building time are generated dependent on size.

* Limitation to avoid abuses :
  1. - 1 outline of Large wooden wall / Stone wall
  2. - 1 outline of Small wooden wall.
  3. - A pre-determined square that limited where the player could place wall within ( to avoid blocking incoming attacks abuse ).

Example. The map is 1000x800. Predetermine will be 700x600.
- Wooden wall always have to be the outer layer.

Implementing Outpost system.

Concept : As your army camped outside near your capital within < limited range > they r allowed to supply 10% resources generated and 10% numbers of troops to assist the home city in case of attacked. In case of defense : " they will come after 15 minutes 10% + on top of the regular reinforcement" . In case of attack 10% will also come as reinforcement".

MMO camp is no longer only a place to build siege. It function extended to be a place to refuel your troops and defensive / offensive choke points.

New buildings for MMO camps:

Healing tent : Cost a large amount of wood and stone / Abilities : heal your wounded units.
Wooden wall: Same as in home city for defensive purpose.
Supply depot : enable you to transfer resources to a nearby town / camp automatically.
Barracks / goblin tents etc.. : medium cost of wood and stone / Abilities : train troops . Weak points : double training time and 150% normal cost.
Command Post: Medium cost of wood.Enable your troops to assist nearby friendly army.
Limited 6 buildings in total

Overall purpose of updates :
  • Increase content of the game.
  • Amplify the size of battle and as well as make the siege more intense. ( if u r defend and have more ppl come to help . then u have to hold it tight for 15 mins. If u have a strong attacking but no support. You better seize it quick. )
  • Last but not least, It MOAR FUN.

Clarifications:

For field battle: only 5% or 3 ( if total is 60 ) will arrive for both side after 15 minutes.
Command tent is attracted to your army ( will never be lost if u move your camp but burnable ).

Last edited by giangvu : 07-19-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:27 AM

CryoPyrus has a default reputation
Default Ooh Ahh

I really do like this idea. Not only does it make the game more strategic, but it provides more customization options. I haven't played the game yet(installing now) but I still like this idea. I'll post back later, after I get a feel for the game, with a version of above...
Old 07-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryoPyrus View Post
I really do like this idea. Not only does it make the game more strategic, but it provides more customization options. I haven't played the game yet(installing now) but I still like this idea. I'll post back later, after I get a feel for the game, with a version of above...
thanks for positive feed back. Anyone have any other suggestion or ideas on this ?
Old 07-21-2011, 02:34 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Cerrado has a default reputation

Nothing more to add then: I want this!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

ash12181987 has fair reputation

So it's the construction of forts and whatnot, something that is dependent on your city, yet not in the same location as your city, and construction limited to military buildings only.

Not a bad idea. Beyond the obvious: Expanding more scenarios for siege and combat. It has little in the way of a practical application, is my only concern.

Also, every attempt in the past to ask for custom wall designs, has been shot down.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash12181987 View Post
So it's the construction of forts and whatnot, something that is dependent on your city, yet not in the same location as your city, and construction limited to military buildings only.

Not a bad idea. Beyond the obvious: Expanding more scenarios for siege and combat. It has little in the way of a practical application, is my only concern.

Also, every attempt in the past to ask for custom wall designs, has been shot down.
the devs could even some wat learn from strong hold kingdom online and apply few of their castle building technique.