Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Saving Progress in Online Kingdom Mode - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 PM

SpriteStomper has a default reputation
Default Saving Progress in Online Kingdom Mode

When I returned to my Stronghold, there was only the option of new game, so had to start afresh. Is there no Save option at the moment, because when leaving the game or ingame there doesn't appear to be one. Yet players have said they have lost their built kingdoms when the latest update was applied so there must be one, just haven't found it yet. Normally in MMO when you login you return to where you left off in a previous session
Old 06-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Betatron has a default reputation

This may just be me but it doesn't sound like you are playing the online kingdom mode. I say that because in the online kingdom mode all you do is long in and select your city then enter it. Their is no new game option or anything like that. And in the online kingdom it autosaves so you should never lose any progress unless its a bug or a reset.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:41 PM

No I'm definetely playing the Online Kingdom Mode, its MMORTS and I was enjoying myself building up in typical Engish Summer weather, so was able to build farms, tonight the only option I had when logging on was New Game and its perpetual Winter. Normally in most MMO its as you said - log in and it takes you to where you left off.

When quitting it gives two options Log Out and Exit to Desk Top, I chose the latter and I was wondering if I should have chosen the Log Out choice instead, being a beta version its hard to know whats what.

Don't know about you but I'm enjoying this - the quests are more grown up than in other games and more logical. I hope they develop the economy side too, the addition of Iron would be a good resource to use as well. Because all out war all the time gets repetitive and starts to bore
Old 06-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

It sounds to me that there was a HC wipe while you were logged out. THere was one recently that had to erase stored home cities. There is no "save game" option in MMORTS as your town is saved automatically when you log out.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Betatron has a default reputation

I think it would really help if you added a screenshot of the new game screen so we can see whats going on. If you don't know how to do that you just click F1 and the file should be saved in your C:/Program Files/Reverie World Studios/Dawn of Fantasy folder with the name "Screenshot0". Then you just come to the forums and attach the file using the option below while writing a new post.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:56 AM

Thanks Guys

It probably was a wipe of Home Cities, because for the last few log ins i've returned to the newly created one, except this time its perpetual Winter, so no farms. its playing well with hardly any glitches - I'm playing human in the Rolling Plains scenario and the only snags are peasants getting hung up in the scaffolding surrounding a gold mine and the odd soldier in timber stake defences. The quests are panning out all right, the best I've found is not to jump the gun but continue at the pace of the advisor. That swapping to army mode on the World map is a bit of a pain and maintaining control of forces and stances needs a bit of work on. I helped the modding team who eventually joined Blue Byte in the Settlers Games 5 +6 so I'm used to this sort of thing. What concerns me at the moment is despite the size of the map the hometown when its built up is going to be very overcrowded and its going to make the passage of ones peasants and soldiers through it something of a trial, especially when under siege.

Reading the News Updates there's another reset on Sunday so all building and progression will be losted again.