Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Not Going on Sale June 17th - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 12:44 PM

SpriteStomper has a default reputation
Default Not Going on Sale June 17th

Hello Dawn of Fantasy forum members

Was going to order D.o.F at Amazon today because they previously had it listed for pre-order at 19.99 pre-order price 15.95 June 17th delivery for Europe. Today there is no mention of the game in their Search findings so I presume another little hiccup.

I'm a bit disappointed to say the least because looking at the posts on this forum, with no actual release date, just another invitation to an open Beta round I presume delivery date still not finalised,so in the Multiple Universe theory, maybe September or December or maybe 2012

There's quite a lot of interest in this game around the gaming forums including Citybuilder were no one is quite clear about the Castle, Town, Village aspect - Whether its freebuild or pre-rendered on pre-prepared locations, would be nice to know.

Anyway- Good luck Reverie with your mammoth undertaking I hope it all works out well for you.

Regards SpriteStomper
Old 06-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

The citybuild aspect is depentant on race atm. Orcs can free build (with the exception of where the future town walls go) Elves build on select "great trees" and men build on building plots. I"m guessing a sept/oct release currently. The devs are hard at work and I'm pleased to see how they're patching the beta as the weed out the bugs.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:18 PM

SpriteStomper has a default reputation
Default Release date and build

Thanks for that

I can't help thinking the developers are having so much fun making this fantastic project come alive that they are loathe to let it into the hands of Joe Public for him to mess about with.

Have been looking at some more media videos of the Orc Kings Mode and it is indeed a complex and wondrous thing.

One thing for inclusion later would be a facility to deliver payment and food to armies in the field which could be attacked by bandits which would add an added dimension and provide added minor skirmish appeal. Although on reflection there is enough going on in this game to keep the average gamer on his toes without making it more complicated.

Just wish the developers/publishers would make a statement about a release date, because gamers are fickle creatures and need such to keep them interested (Quite a few have despaired of ever seeing this come to fruition)
Old 06-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Archmage

Yeah quite a few have. I've been following for over a year and a half now. It's fun to see the momentum building this spring for the game. I imagine mods will pop up adding many things that folks wanted to see in dof. I'll be curious to see how modding works as I'm a big TW mod fan for both RTW and MTW2. Mods have kept those games alive and the modding appears to be even easier in dof.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Yeah - we are still waiting for the official announcement about the release, but it`s definitely not June 17th - we still have PLENTY of weeks ahead of us to properly polish up the game.

To answer the questions about modding - our approach will be similar to Mount and Blade (loading modules) when it comes to total modding. However simple scenario design will work like it is in the Age of Kings or Starcraft games.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Archmage

ALRIGHT. I love how loading mods in M&B was
Old 06-15-2011, 02:04 AM

derf26 has a default reputation

It would help if Wikipedia didn't have the misleading 17th of June date.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

TRANG-Supreme has fair reputation

This game will be great. It has the right mix..
Old 06-16-2011, 06:48 AM

derf26 has a default reputation

Well I tried to change the date to TBA 2011 on wikipedia, but somebody promptly changed it back to June 17. Looks like someone is purposefully trying to create false expectations. I wonder why?