Old 02-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation
Default Any shadowbane people

Hey guys,

I played that game pretty hardcore.
I remember fighting against some very talented guilds on the server Mourning

-made a subguild to DoF= Disciples of fear called Darkbone Legion.
I had a city in the upper right corner of the map and was fighting everyday with my guild against the elves guild called House of Avant or something. We lost after fighting for straight 1 week i think i was up like 18 hours a day to beat them ( vacation time for me )
My nick of my char was Windreaper Kaines Centaur chainsaw!

I quited and joined again.. got some old contacts made a guild called secret society.
Was a sub to dragonscale guild for protection and getting a good group up.
Atlas we had our own city and made it r8 :d pretty awesome
All the characters i played had stinky in the name , so stinkybeard kaines was one of them.
We subbed to a nation i can't remember the name but it was to fight the Asian zergs.. ( asian guilds that was just taking over cities on the map)

anyone else played shadowbane?
Old 02-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

I've never actually even heard of it before. I looks pretty cool though. Is it an mmorpg or is there some other features that make it stand out? I've only really looked at screen shots when i seen you mention it. They look pretty cool though. Kinda wondering why i haven't seen it before ever =(
Old 02-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3n View Post
I've never actually even heard of it before. I looks pretty cool though. Is it an mmorpg or is there some other features that make it stand out? I've only really looked at screen shots when i seen you mention it. They look pretty cool though. Kinda wondering why i haven't seen it before ever =(
yeah its an awesome mmorpg.. if you die your inventory is lootable..( not the items you wear) btw you could really make from scratch your own town etc.. shops and people will repair and buy from it.. good crowded nation if they know your sub-guild has good items shops you made alot of cash. Cost alot of money tho to make your own town.
Cool part is that you could challange other guilds cities which you could totally destroy and take the place over. Some ppl just took towns over because there was a nearby creep that dropped very good loot.
And the guilds really protected theyre cities with all they had because you spend ****loads of time in it with other people.

The game plugged the servers out..
there are a bunch oldtime veterans that i know they are having unofficial server up and try keep it alive for a hobby but its just over:P

Last edited by master0p : 02-02-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

Tha kinda sucks =( Once i started reading about you basically growing your own towns etc i started to get that fuzzy feeling of game addiction lol. Is the vintage servers f2p and client pretty easy to get? even if so i'd most likely get owned but it seems like a fun concept at very least.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Yeah its f2p.
They will explain everything but the mods/devs there that actually emulate shadowbane dont tell you where you can download the client since its illegal. But they explain you how to enter.
It worked for me but its kinda a fuzz to make it work.
And if you want a good start you really need to read a template how to make a good character since the choice is to big.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

I dont mind a little work or research =) i helped develop on a couple of the wow emulators and one of the predominate db's i helped build. I dont mind a little bit of elbow grease. I cant believe it's illegal to do though if they killed the live servers and the game is no longer available.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:16 AM

Redhorn has a default reputation

I played shadowbane when it first released, it what pretty awesome, hardcore.

Way ahead of its time, a shame it didn't get the support it deserved. It's a classic.