Buildings - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Tbeaz161 has a default reputation
Default Buildings

I have seen the infantry thread but haven't seen anything about buildings does anyone know some stuff about the buildings or what ones there will be? I heard that the dragon buildings will be built on the concept you can go inside them.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:32 PM

Feweh has fair reputation

Ya i aswell am curious...

Not just dragon wise, but from my understanding you don't place "Buildings" only military structures.

Any dev's here to say anything about this...
Old 04-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I will not say anything about about dragons in this post, but I can give some info on the other 3 sides’ type of building buildings.

The Humans have plots and pre-built stronghold wall designed, somewhat similar to bfme1 just let repetitive. The buildings themselves will have a few upgrades and uses, but pretty basic. Military buildings will make military units, the armory makes armor upgrades, The barn can make livestock such as sheep, cows, chickens, pigs; market for trading resources, etc.
All in all Humans are in the medium, there fairly good in the starting and in late games.

The Elves are based around building buildings… around… Great Trees! Pretty simple, expect the elves are… Less dependent on resources around the map, perfect for turtlers, they have a way to generate any of the 4 resources right within their stronghold. The Great Trees pretty much act like building plots around the stronghold.
Elves’ workers refuse to cut down trees for wood, instead slowly generates wood from several other ways without the means of killing innocent trees.
All in all Elves are best for late games.

The Orcs Are able to build anywhere they are more like bfme2’s way and do not require nearly as much or if any stone because there walls and upgrades do not require it (made of wood) But from what I know, they are more dependent on eating, killing, destroying, and stealing all the resources around the map, which of course is the Orcish way of life, leave the land bare to the bone! Then make a bone neckless.
When it comes to buildings, orcs, from what I know, do not have a main building, Town center. Their walls are upgraded and built through a big temple in which you must build later on in a late game.
There are two types of workers the normal orc worker which can cut down trees and get wood or mine gold or stone(But possibibly lacks the ability to get food). And the Marauder which hunts and harvests Food from animals, he is also a bow orc for the orcs, so their a food only worker and a military archer unit.
All in all Orcs are best for taking up all the resources nearby; making a massive army, and rushing the hell out of the enemy.

Pardon me Kon or Ryan if any of this is wrong, correct me if it is.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 04-15-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Nice info there, still sticking with the Human's

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 04-16-2008, 03:24 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Wait so...all or most of the human buildings are " pre built"? What about start bases from scratch...and building wherever you want on the map...are we limited by these "plot" things? Same for elves?

And from what you said there about upgrades, doesn't sound like theres going to be loads . I would of thought there would be 100's from all sorts of different buildings you have to built, but it doesn't sound like it .

Hmmm im getting a little worried now, i hope the game isn't going to be restrictive on where and what you can built...same for upgrades, i would of expected there to be loads.

I need more information before i start jumping to conclusions but..im a little worried now

Last edited by †TYRANICK†™ : 04-16-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Buildings aren't "pre-built" (it was taken out of context I think), you still have to build them yourself, it's just that with humans and elves they are restricted to build plots within the village/town/stronghold radius. You still start from "scratch".

It wasn't really said how many upgrades there will be. Those "few" mentioned refer to upgrades for buildings (something like barracks lvl1 -> barracks lvl2) I think. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want masses of upgrades just for the sake of having upgrades. I'd rather have 5 meaningful upgrades than hundreds of those armor lvl1 -> armor lvl2 -> armor lvl3 etc. types.

And the building location restriction isn't so severe because you can still use army camps to secure remote locations and create forward bases for unit production which is the only thing that really matters. You'd want your economy and "tech" buildings to remain behind walls anyway.

Plus this only applies to humans and elves, others seam to have quite different systems and I for one welcome the diversity.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 04-16-2008, 05:14 AM
Elite Member

SvN is someone to look uptoSvN is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
I will not say anything about about dragons in this post..
why keeping the dragon faction so secret?? I don't want to know so much about any factions (more fun playing the game if you don't know everything already), but about the dragons we know nothing! nothing. Think about it, the community can't tell you what's good and what's bad with the dragons if they know nothing about them.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:57 AM

WearisomeWall has a default reputation

It's a good marketing strategy. They're almost transparent about most of the aspects of the game but one, making you dying to play the game when it comes out and see that one.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
Buildings aren't "pre-built" (it was taken out of context I think), you still have to build them yourself, it's just that with humans and elves they are restricted to build plots within the village/town/stronghold radius. You still start from "scratch".

It wasn't really said how many upgrades there will be. Those "few" mentioned refer to upgrades for buildings (something like barracks lvl1 -> barracks lvl2) I think. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want masses of upgrades just for the sake of having upgrades. I'd rather have 5 meaningful upgrades than hundreds of those armor lvl1 -> armor lvl2 -> armor lvl3 etc. types.

And the building location restriction isn't so severe because you can still use army camps to secure remote locations and create forward bases for unit production which is the only thing that really matters. You'd want your economy and "tech" buildings to remain behind walls anyway.

Plus this only applies to humans and elves, others seam to have quite different systems and I for one welcome the diversity.
Hmmm I see that makes a bit more sense, still I'm very touchy when it comes to restrictions in RTS games, then again we could probably mod it if we desired :P.

I guess i was just thinking to broad as usual and missing the small bits heh.

Well um yeah we'd all like more info on the dragons to, but when companies says they "dont wish to disclose any information at this times" usually means 3 things:

1) They aren't done/started/ created it yet
2) There having massive problems with it and its hindering development
3) (Rarely) its gonna be so friggin epic it will blow your mind!!

Now i hope its 3 lol, but i hope more that its none of them, if ya get me :P
Old 04-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

Dragons are a touchy subject, yes it is part of the marketing strategy to reveal little about the 2 things we are doing uniquely in the game, which are Dragons and MMO. The other part is as Tyranic suggested, Dragons aren't finished yet.

Humans, Elves and Orcs are all playable in our current build, so all the concepts we have envisioned for them are in play and we can see that they are working and we are tweaking what doesn't. Dragons aren't playable in our build, so we could go on and on about what we plan to do with them but it would be all speculation and such until we actually try these aspects out to see if they work in the game. So we choose to not give out information that we are unsure of.