Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Microtransaction Ideas - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 AM

ImmoralAtheist has a default reputation

@NobleIre
Well, unless they're gonna live of marketing they will need to charge players. What you do is make 2 levels. Those who don't pay. They can still play the game and be able to stock buildings and so on, but payers will have a competitive edge, and if they implement some really good political systems (guilds can be an example of a type of "political system"), then leader roles requires you to pay premium account. However when you pay premium aco****, you get the full game, and developers can focus on actually improving the gameplay. Cosmetics might not be tempting enough, and this model is much better than paying for upgrades, or in game currency which debalances the game, and if there's no roof on how much you can spend, those who pay the most wins. A fair monthly pay is a better idea.
This is my opnion though, and it's what I think is most beneficial for gameplay. If they launch several worlds, there could also be a world where only payers can play. Inactivity is usually a huge problem in these games and a premium account only world would very likely drastically reduce inactivity, aswell as being completely fair.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dolas has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmoralAtheist View Post
@NobleIre
Well, unless they're gonna live of marketing they will need to charge players. What you do is make 2 levels. Those who don't pay. They can still play the game and be able to stock buildings and so on, but payers will have a competitive edge, and if they implement some really good political systems (guilds can be an example of a type of "political system"), then leader roles requires you to pay premium account. However when you pay premium aco****, you get the full game, and developers can focus on actually improving the gameplay. Cosmetics might not be tempting enough, and this model is much better than paying for upgrades, or in game currency which debalances the game, and if there's no roof on how much you can spend, those who pay the most wins. A fair monthly pay is a better idea.
This is my opnion though, and it's what I think is most beneficial for gameplay. If they launch several worlds, there could also be a world where only payers can play. Inactivity is usually a huge problem in these games and a premium account only world would very likely drastically reduce inactivity, aswell as being completely fair.
I agree with NobleIre, what you suggested in your previous post will give paying players a huge advantage. I also like NobleIre's idea about paying a subscription to test content before its released and be allowed an exclusive newsletter, it gives no gameplay advantage whatsoever, but allows players who want to feel ahead of the game to be so (plus its something different). Anything that effects gameplay is going to severely unbalance the game. I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think charging players in order to be a guild leader (or something like that) will be the best thing for this game. And obviously they also don't have to have any micro-transactions at all. Guild Wars is free after you buy the box and they have no micro-transactions. Or they can sell advertisements like Shadow Bane did for a little bit(its annoying, but its free and everyone is on an equal playing field).
Old 03-09-2011, 12:47 PM

ImmoralAtheist has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolas View Post
I agree with NobleIre, what you suggested in your previous post will give paying players a huge advantage. I also like NobleIre's idea about paying a subscription to test content before its released and be allowed an exclusive newsletter, it gives no gameplay advantage whatsoever, but allows players who want to feel ahead of the game to be so (plus its something different). Anything that effects gameplay is going to severely unbalance the game. I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think charging players in order to be a guild leader (or something like that) will be the best thing for this game. And obviously they also don't have to have any micro-transactions at all. Guild Wars is free after you buy the box and they have no micro-transactions. Or they can sell advertisements like Shadow Bane did for a little bit(its annoying, but its free and everyone is on an equal playing field).
Well, if they earn money on selling the game then that's something different. If they make the game free to play, then an option is to have what I said. What I said would be more like you have standard monthly fee, and you have trial account, which you can play aslong as you want, but with some restrictions. I'd rather have that than full of crap dlc because I think it might benefit development of gameplay more than the other alternatives.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:18 PM

Hellaciouss has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleIre View Post
Thank you for actually reading my post and bothering to heed my request. (sarcasm) Also - it's Horrible*

In general, I agree with you Dracus. Microtransactions should generally not provide any sort of tactic (and definitely not substantial) advantage. They should general be for aesthetic or convenience purposes.

I do, however, believe in items of convenience. (for instance, a purchase that allows you to insta-move your base to another location without in-game cost). It wouldn't make you powerful, it is just a matter of convenience.

Any other ideas for things that could be included and charged for? I'm not necessarily saying that they will or even should have microtransactions - i'm just trying to come up with some ideas that are generally 'acceptable' for them, in case they do.
nvm, wont discuss if it should or shouldn't be in game.

Last edited by Hellaciouss : 04-25-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Lol don't know about all that but I do know that anything you can pay for with a credit card you can also get by using in game currency.