Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

No undead race please - Page 21 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 10:06 AM

cj8844 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I don't know who it was that originally decided that zombies were part of the fantasy genre, but I know they were wrong.
They are part of the cheap horror genre. Please dont mix like other games
Need to keep originality and stay away from the zombie bandwagon for sure!!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

There problem I see is not to say if Undead belong in the game or not. Obviously the developers can make the game any how they see fit. The problem I see is that for them to be truly undead in the spirit of the fantasy genre, it would be unbalanced against the core features of unit creation in this game.

How do you balance undead? They don't cost food, gold , or wood. They could be mass produced storm troops with no real drawback. Unless you add some sort of priest unit to each race that can decimate large groups of undead then it's going to be a major balance issue. It will be way too easy to make large armies for Undead Players.

Now, that being said I could see undead as being a spoiler factions. Make a DLC expansion where they add in raiding factions and undead factions that have no real castle or kingdom. Instead those player's job is to roam the make enlarging their armies and trying to raid/devestate other player castles and armies that they run into.

You wouldn't say that one particular mode is more fun over the other (raiding vs empire building) but it gives players somthing else to do when they don't want to run an empire.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 AM

obama5493 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
well, i think of myself as an evil player that is why i choose elves as the worst. That and their... special way with manners and walking and talking. They seem kinda not totally aware of their sexual alignment so they are currently at the bottom of my list since i prefer evil over feminism, not that i have anything against them because i do not. i just prefer the evil races
A race of giant pink rabbits wouldn't fit either, but it is impossible to explain why they look fine in pokemon but not here. Mixing genres just often looks wrong and ruins the effect.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

awrington has a default reputation

Here's my take on why undead just as they are generally wouldn't fit. First off, they are a combination of other races just dead... Err... Undead, this might lead to them having too many of other races specalties or whatnot. Secondly, undead feed off other races and never really can grow in strength isolated (I guess in this game neither can the other races really but I think you know what I mean). Third of all, undead are generally unorganized and led by a prime survival type directive unless led by like an overmind or somthing but even then I think they just mass and never build cities, just in an organized mannor. But afterall this is all my opinion different games/shows deviate on what each races are like and I'm sure the creators could, if they wanted to, make the undead race fit in the game. All I'm trying to say is I would personally not like to see undead as a race so much as an all threatening npc horde or somthing along that line.

Last edited by awrington : 03-23-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-28-2011, 08:55 PM

Azrael has a default reputation

Undead are so much in fantasy genere, the idea of necromancers appears in a lot of fanatasy books. I will love to see a undead faction.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 AM

Aryxas has a default reputation

Undead are a horrible idea
Old 04-20-2011, 04:29 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Briggsby has a default reputation

I don't know about them beinga horrible idea but I'm curious as to how they would fit (actually this applie to the dwarves and dragons being added as well). Because the men, elves and orcs have already filled the spaces of elves:turtling; men:balance; orcs: required aggression.
A race would have to be quite unique to fit into this without unbalancing stuff or just being plain unnecessary. Maybe something like 'becomes more adapted to the role the more it does it, so the more it fights the stronger the bonuses it gets for that, and the longer it goes without fighting the more it loses those bonuses and maybe gets some for defending' or something like that. Personally I actually really dislike the idea I just suggested but I hope my point was understandable :P
Old 04-20-2011, 07:53 PM

WarriorKing has a default reputation

I would say no dragons or dwarves in the first place, hype not last forever. And theres enough out there of this tolkin stuff.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:02 PM

gerdon has a default reputation

Undead have been around since the very first D&D so deal with it its in fantasy.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:09 PM

ki adi mundi has a default reputation

wonder what dragon citys would look like big cave system i suppose and throne can be mountain of gold