Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
Same here. It gives me the sense that I have to play and update things regularly.
Indeed. I wonder how different online will be...

OK for example, would it have any features of worldshift? Which were basically as you progress through the game you earn rewards or artifacts which you can use to strengthen your units or your base or...some kind of MP feature were you continuously thrive and grow?

Then again played the worldshift beta...thought the gameplay was boring and far too easy...also I hated the idea that you were "forced" to go online, even to play single player...graphics weren't that great either, even for a beta.

Things i did like as i mentioned about were the artifacts thing after levels and, the contribution it had on your units and buildings, also the background globe was cool too.

A/w back on topic...

I hope that the single player and skirmish modes are completely separated from online (in a solo sense)...so your not forced to be online. As the godawful constant DC's in worldshift killed it for me...

Which makes me wonder...if its an "MMO" RTS...Wouldn't that imply that there would be an almost limitless amount of upgrades and improvements you could research? (or a hell of a lot to say the least?)

We really need a new gameplay vid, as well as more info on MP and the dragon race....

Last edited by †TYRANICK†™ : 04-09-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
I hope that the single player and skirmish modes are completely separated from online (in a solo sense)...so your not forced to be online.
Completly separate and offline only Think of DoF as of ur typical retail RTS, epic single-player campaign, multi-mode skirmish, world editor e.t.c The only difference - there is also a whole MMORTS world to discover after ur done with single-player.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 AM

supagu has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Double that - neither can I

However, I do enough to answer your question -

Your Kingdom can`t be attacked by other players if your not loged in. Also your kingdom can`t be attacked if your in a quest, or attacking another player. It is hidden from the game world in these instances.

However, your kingdom can be attacked while your units are traveling back home or to some quest location or to attack another player - so there will be instance where your Kingdom is vulnerable unless you make sure to leave some troops at home.

And there won`t be one huge world map, we have to break things down into zones - think WoW for example.
Can this be broken down in to world regions? eg europe, asia pacific, US that way we can be fairly certain that there will be plenty of other people onlline when we play and it reduces lag
Old 04-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

I don't know if they'd do that.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Just have to wait and see, till all is revealed
Old 04-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Mannel has a default reputation

Wow, I really liked the part about my (and others mwhaha) KD's beeing vulnerable when they a troopmovement is taking place. This adds another level of strategy into the gameplay. Keep it up!
Old 04-12-2008, 05:04 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

True, was always a case in many RTS just in normal battles whereby an opponent would literally "empty" his/her whole fortress to assail the enemy... thereby leaving their fortress vulnerable save for a few underused, meagre defences (a turtler doesn't usually get much chance to rest then go on the offensive lolz).
Old 04-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
True, was always a case in many RTS just in normal battles whereby an opponent would literally "empty" his/her whole fortress to assail the enemy... thereby leaving their fortress vulnerable save for a few underused, meagre defences (a turtler doesn't usually get much chance to rest then go on the offensive lolz).
That a very feeble attempt at being a turtle if that happens to you or your opponent.

My turtle strategies are much more versatile, and efficient . Read the siege thread for some of my...very successful, strategies ive used in the past ^^
Old 04-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Fine, I steroetype. From those turtlers I've seen, once a camper-always-a-camper, never go offsenive and never win!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

I'm always on the offensive, I hate turtling.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang