Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

system requirements - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
2.4 Ghz RAM
darn... 2.01 not good enough
Old 04-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Heh 3.5 here
Only one consern tough, how will this game look graphical with so low requirments?
Asking since system reqs. isnt much of a problem to me

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions

Last edited by frankein_fish : 04-10-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

On RTSC I saw a video with low graphics on and it still looked good. Unfortunatly, that video is gone.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Tynesider has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
I am glad to say that we are aiming way lower. Even at this point at development:

Recomended:
CPU: Dual 2.4 Ghz RAM: 1 GB, VID: 7800 GForce, 2gigs HD space.

Minimal
CPU: Anything Dual, 1.8 Ghz+. RAM: 1 GB. VID: Anything with 128mbs of visual memory, and Shader V2 support.

This is not official info, just what runs the game right now.
Does this positively rule out good computer with none dual core.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Anything single-core with 3.0+ is good.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

My old pc had a single core 2.6ghz CPU, and a geforce 6600 128 mb vid, 2gb ram, and it ran pretty damn well with just 1 cpu core. so dont let that duel core crap get you down if you only have a single core there is a big chance you will be able to run it fine.
although that may very well change, but right now, yea where trying to keep this game built for lower grade computers.

And know what also, that really old pc I had, ( it was the best of the best like in 01-02 or somthing) it's powersupply and video card was breaking down, overheatings, freezing, etc, on everything/every game, and it still ran dof pretty damn good, although it would freeze every now and then like it did with any other game; man that pc burned! muahahahha pis of crap. but the fact of the matter is that it ran dof even when it's video card was literly on fire...

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 04-12-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

So...your talking a broad scale of compatibility then? That's good to here, specially for lower end users, but...

I would like to see some content that can push my system to its limit...I'm amazed that games such as crysis and UT3 on max settings fail to bog down my system. (30+ avg w/ 8x AA on crysis (60+ off), and around 120+ on UT3, but I vsync so it stays capped to 60, and yes that's w/ 32 players and on the biggest maps ). I need a challenge! lol

So far though the game is looking pretty dam good, only concerns i have ATM are the unit models and the terrain it self...but then again your not even into beta yet so im not worried, im sure it will look tyrannical upon release
Old 04-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

man I need a computer like yours... mine struggles to run heroes of might and magic 3!! lol jk I kid, I kid of course, it's a good laptop for it's price esp.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
man I need a computer like yours... mine struggles to run heroes of might and magic 3!! lol jk I kid, I kid of course, it's a good laptop for it's price esp.
Love my comp, has its probs of course but then again we all do.

But mainly because ive got such stupid amounts of AV and Firewalls and security settings enabled it can be hard to breath at times for my comp, but this is mainly because in my earlier newbie years, i didn't really care for AV or anything like that and got tons of viruses and threats and stuff. Now for some reason all these security scanners (the ones that work haha) keep saying things like "Your computer appears to not even exist on the Internet" and things like "sorry for the long waiting on the scan, but this is very good news because it shows your machine is extremely good and preventing nearly all forms of unknown pinging and information requesting services" and meanwhile am like "wtf? lol if you say so ". Honest to god that's true...+ its proven because i never get viruses anymore unless im stupid enough to accidentally turn my stuff off *cough* happened once *cough*

Majorly off topic sorry

Anywho...I could do with a good laptop, i get bored easily in the real world hehe need to bring my games and work with me, work a little bit on a Uni essay, then take a break for some UT3 online w00t >
Old 04-13-2008, 10:55 AM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many

lmao.. who needs dow for pc...just get it for xbox360 so peeps dont need to worry about ya'll rigs being strong enough.....GAME OVER