easter eggs or treasures? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

delar has a default reputation
Default easter eggs or treasures?

in the past, there where a lot of easter eggs in the internet or just in games. it would be very nice and of course funny, to find easter eggs or some treasures.

my first idea: to stash some special names by naming your city. if you find a special name(examble: you name your city: wiskey), so you have happier people in your city... for examble... or you get funny pictures. a little bonus. makes realy fun and give a big motivation ^^

or you can find some treasures on the map by clicking into the nature... maybe you can buy a treasuremap where you can find a treasure in your world. but you need some more parts of the map to find the treasure. so, its going to become a quest or something like that... after that, you get a special bonus.

or sometimes in a day, there is something blinking on the map, that you can click... so...oh, you have found a easter egg now you get some special pictures or a filmsequence.

after that you can boast in the forum: "yeah! i have one! a little film! oh...you found also one... oh ...only a picture... ... ..... nice "

it makes much fun
what do you think about that?

Last edited by delar : 02-25-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Nice suggestions delar!

We don't currently have a treasure system, although it was discussed a couple years back. With that said, we do have randomized explorable regions for players to explore with plenty of surprises for them to come across. We also hope to have some town design contests using the editor that will ship with the game, and we will be adding some of the winning entries onto the world map as explorable easter eggs.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

Neutral884nz has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
We also hope to have some town design contests using the editor that will ship with the game, and we will be adding some of the winning entries onto the world map as explorable easter eggs.
Oh i will definetly be taking part in that, i love creating scenarios. I have a good attention to detail so i hope i will be a winning contestant
Old 03-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Watari has a default reputation

I like the idea of easter eggs, but I think it schouldn't intervene with the game. So the thing with naming your city "wiskey" or what ever and influencing the game is not likely.

But just finding things wich remember you of something else(maybe fantasy movies or real monuments) would be funny.

Also a nice easter egg would be a npc town named in some funny way, or happen to be empty with a letter at the gate "just in vacations".