Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Sandbox Single Player - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Baxter has a default reputation
Default Sandbox Single Player

Its possible that it can already do this, but I couldn't find any detailed information on it.

I think it would be cool if in single player you could take over other cities/territiories in a non-linear fashion (not the same as a scripted linear campaign) much like the Total War games, leaving the player to strategically deciding where to attack or defend next - maybe even waging war on multiple fronts at the same time, choosing what forces leave garrissoned to defend key territories, fighting AI opponents of different races or even same races but different factions. Ultimately expanding your empire as large as you can (or being defeated by AI trying to do the same thing) by growing your territories/cities and conquering other ones - of course needing to defend them as well from AI counter attack.

For example, conquering the cities to your west first so that you could control a coastal territory with good strategic value as a place for a center of your Navy - from which you can cross the sea to conquer other great stategic locations. Then Expanding to other areas that have certain resource values that can help you grow your vast armies. Of course, the whole time you need to consider traveling time and logistics, and you don't want to lose one of your territories to the enemy so put stronger garrisons at key choke points. You get the idea.

I can also see where this would really open the door to a lot of modding possibilities for the modding community. Someone with a lot of time on there hands could make a full conversion mod recreating the war for middle earth for example - choosing which race/faction they wanted to be.

Any insight on what "extensive single player skirmish mode" really means?

Last edited by Baxter : 10-06-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Maybe this idea of mine would interest you: Campaign Mode

*It wouldn't be linear.
*But it would still have a story.

With this you could probably easily create a skirmish MMO type of campign with no story if that would please you.

No one has commented on it other than Litos so far, not a good idea?
Old 02-26-2011, 01:30 AM

Tartear has a default reputation
Default Pve

Wouldn't it be better for single player to just test things out through series of incrisingly challenging randomly generated battles?
Since the games will be more mmo oriented then on single player I donít really see a point in campaign.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:34 PM

lastchancer has fair reputation

What about taking soemthing from Stronghold? Being able to build up a kingdom and having to survive increasingly stronger waves of enemies or something? the building and army could be sandbox while the waves of enemies would keep it from getting boring
Old 03-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Baxter has a default reputation

I must say that I am surprised to see a post I put up in October of 2009 to be up near the top of the recent posts lol

BTW - What I was talking about has been put in the game since I posted this. This is the Kindom wars I'd like to think it was because of my post but we all know thats not the case lol!

Anways, thanks for having this in the game now - total war type experience for singleplayer gaming. I can't wait till June!

I think its also interesting that judging by the poll as it stands it is the 2nd most anticipated feature, by two votes shy of the MMO part. This feature wasn't even in the game when I originally posted this topic. Great! I'm not alone

Last edited by Baxter : 03-01-2011 at 05:27 PM.