Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Voice chat - Page 6 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 12:26 AM

eternal2u has a default reputation

honestly never seen a good in-game voice services form an mmo. would much rather keep my vent.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:16 AM

Yngwie has a default reputation

ingame voice chat could be anoying, i prefer the use of a mumble server
Old 02-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Conceive has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelysium View Post
There is always TeamSpeak or Ventrilo if people really want to talk to one another as they game.
Like above stated if you want to have voice chat there are various different venues and avenues you can use to "be heard"

In any game I have ever played players have always adapted, made acronyms to make it so they're not typing as much or shortcuts... I hate to say it but thats how "leet speak" came about. I personally will try and use ventrilo or teamspeak (more likely vent its easier to use imo)

adding an in game voice chat will more then likely increase server lagg and latency and no one wants that
Old 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Kaos90 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal2u View Post
honestly never seen a good in-game voice services form an mmo. would much rather keep my vent.
Agreed. Most in game voice systems do not offer the quality that other programs like ventrillo can
Old 02-14-2011, 03:43 PM

Bairdo has a default reputation

3rd party voice chat wouldbe best
Old 02-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

wiredpenguin has a default reputation

I can see where Voice Chat may not be as necessary in an RTS environment, but I think that will depend on how large guild and alliance battles will be (EVE Online for example, where VC is ESSENTIAL during fleet battles). In a guild vs. guild battle where you may be coordinating with 20 or 30 actual players then VC would be extremely useful and I do think that 3rd party programs such as Vent or TS would be the best solution.

However, playing devil's advocate for a moment, 3rd party programs do provide an extra hurdle of technology for players and not everyone will navigate that hurdle with equal prowess. In-game VC would make it easily accessible to all players.

I think it may be something to keep on a sticky note for future consideration (after seeing the scope of battles, the actual use of complex tactics, etc.) rather than something that needs developer resources in the coming months.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:55 PM

cableslice has a default reputation
Default Please

In-game Voice chat would be nice.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:55 AM

Lanolin has a default reputation

What the hell is the point of an in game voice chat when so many third party chat servers are on the net? Blizzard implemented a in game voice chat into WoW about 2 years ago, nobody uses it at all. I like to talk to teammates when I'm playing any game, but in game voice chats are practically useless now. Use ventrilo, skype, mumble or any of the dozens of chat servers that are out there.