Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Release on steam - Page 15 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2011, 03:14 PM

FuRioN has a default reputation

I have never had any problems with steam(knock on wood). But I support anything you guys choose of course.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:17 PM

Arnfiarnunn Neanias has a default reputation

As a steam user I'll be please to be abble to buy the game with my account.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:22 PM

Tadian has a default reputation

I like steam but the games are often more expensive compared to retail versions.

I mostly only buy older games on steam that are on midweek/weekend sales.

So steam sale would be nice but it won't stop me from buying this game if it doesn't get released on steam.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:14 AM

BloodOfDeath has a default reputation

Steam is a good sound system I would love to see it on steam
Old 02-16-2011, 04:52 PM

darthterror has a default reputation

I vote for a Steam release
and if i can, i will buy the game on it
Old 02-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadian View Post
I like steam but the games are often more expensive compared to retail versions.
I think this is the second time someone mentioned this in here. I would like to know where you see this? Steams prices are either the same as the retail price or less (more often less). Retail would be more expensive because companies have to pay for box the software, the content in the box, and having stores shelve their products. So they are less likely to lower the price, compared to digital versions which doesn't have those fees.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 02-17-2011, 07:52 PM

PJ Hardon has a default reputation

+1 for Steam I don't usually play games unless I buy them from steam. Its easy for DLC and updates and once every million years i like to play my old games but slowly loose the discs. so no more hard copies for me.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:33 AM

Rinamas has a default reputation
Default Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Hardon View Post
+1 for Steam I don't usually play games unless I buy them from steam. Its easy for DLC and updates and once every million years i like to play my old games but slowly loose the discs. so no more hard copies for me.
I'd have to agree with PJ my kids lose my disks constantly, i don't care for the steam network because of the secondary log-in and the extra processes and resources being used while I'm playing , but some sort of digital download would be a great option, i prefer "Direct to Drive" for my game purchases.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Human Sect:
Peasant

Smegafier has a default reputation

I definately won't be buying the the game if it comes out on steam, I bought total war empires which was the first total war game to use steam and it was nothing but problems. Having to connect to the internet to play a mainly 1 player game and having to download the game even though I bought the discs.. Im sure you guys know how long it takes to download 20gigs, I found a way to bypass downloading it from steam but not from the official website..why would it make you download it if you have the discs? and then you can bypass it ANYWAY.

I also bought dawn of war 2 and had the same problems, all I know is I had no problems with any of the total war games since shogun and dawn of 1 but as soon as steam was included it was a nightmare.

Also putting it on steam only stops the online multiplayer part of the game from being pirated, I illegally downloaded dawn of war 2 and total war empires to play on single player which is all I wanted to do in the first place and the pirated versions worked better.

Just don't make it mandatory.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

WoOpin has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Martin View Post
I think this is the second time someone mentioned this in here. I would like to know where you see this? Steams prices are either the same as the retail price or less (more often less). Retail would be more expensive because companies have to pay for box the software, the content in the box, and having stores shelve their products. So they are less likely to lower the price, compared to digital versions which doesn't have those fees.
Well if you look at prices from play.com compared to steam play is cheaper hands down unless steam has a sale on. That being said I always buy off steam pretty much 90% of the time. I do not mind paying a little extra to get the game there and then.