Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Microtransaction Ideas - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

darklegends8 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolbby View Post
NO. Any game that gives a slight bonus to those who pay VS those who want to spend some extra free time is completely unbalanced. Even the slight 5% movement increasement is huge, cause something normal taking only a day would then take roughly over 22 hours. That 2 ohur difference could mean the absolute difference between success and defeat, giving P2P a clear unfair advantage.

YES. There could be those extra unimportant features that are an added bonus for paying with money. League of Legends is Free to Play, and they're very successful even though the things to spend the money on are only skins to change the look of characters. They pretty much do absolutely nothing, but it's awesome to have a different looking character compared to everyone else.
You've listed one game that does okay without offering an advantage to non paying players. Most other F2P games offer some kind of advantage to paying customers. As a company striving to succeed, which path do you think they would want to take to survive in the competitive MMO business?
Old 02-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

arthas242 has a default reputation

Imagine Starcraft 2 with Buffs for cash!

it would destroy the game

Imagine Zerg with 10% movement speed, OMG can u say super fast zerglings? even 5% attack speed would be a god buff. Orc's supposeably match zerg in that they play the number's game so that is why i used zerg from starcraft 2 to match them. but seriously if you think buying buffs is balanced they you don't even deserve to be PLAYING IN THE BETA.

hell, any game that go beyond selling *Looks of stuff* really doesn't deserve to be even made because once you make it unbalanced to the one guy with more $$$ the guy who isn't paying $$$ is going to leave
Old 02-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

arthas242 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
You've listed one game that does okay without offering an advantage to non paying players. Most other F2P games offer some kind of advantage to paying customers. As a company striving to succeed, which path do you think they would want to take to survive in the competitive MMO business?
yeah and did you noticed all those F2P one's that u get buffs for paying more a chinese made and great failure MMO's?

look at wow, lotr, war, AoC, starwars G. These are one of the best mmo's out there and none of them sell item's to make you more powerful or buffs.

Now they do have server/race/faction changes, but those are not game play changing mechanic's.

even most of the unpopulated one's don't sell buff's for cash like Dark Fall, and so on....

Also Lotr's is FTP and they are making more money just selling game content and service's then they were before whcih i am fine with, but selling in game buffs will quickly destroy a game

Last edited by arthas242 : 02-20-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthas242 View Post
Imagine Starcraft 2 with Buffs for cash!

it would destroy the game

Imagine Zerg with 10% movement speed, OMG can u say super fast zerglings? even 5% attack speed would be a god buff. Orc's supposeably match zerg in that they play the number's game so that is why i used zerg from starcraft 2 to match them. but seriously if you think buying buffs is balanced they you don't even deserve to be PLAYING IN THE BETA.

hell, any game that go beyond selling *Looks of stuff* really doesn't deserve to be even made because once you make it unbalanced to the one guy with more $$$ the guy who isn't paying $$$ is going to leave
You're basing your view on speculation and comparisons that are not parallel. Giving troops an 'on the map/traveling' speed increase is not the same as giving them a movement increase in-battle.

Anyway, we're getting off topic.

I was asking if you all had any other good ideas for things that would be fine for them to sell - this wasn't supposed to be a discussion on 'whether or not microtrans is okay and when'. I mean real, specific ideas like those listed above - for other things they could provide customizations for, etc.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

darklegends8 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthas242 View Post
yeah and did you noticed all those F2P one's that u get buffs for paying more a chinese made and great failure MMO's?

look at wow, lotr, war, AoC, starwars G. These are one of the best mmo's out there and none of them sell item's to make you more powerful or buffs.

Now they do have server/race/faction changes, but those are not game play changing mechanic's.

even most of the unpopulated one's don't sell buff's for cash like Dark Fall, and so on....

Also Lotr's is FTP and they are making more money just selling game content and service's then they were before whcih i am fine with, but selling in game buffs will quickly destroy a game
Actually Korean made, most mmos these days come from Korea. Can you learn to use better grammar? Reading your sentences is really hurtful to my eyes. Let's take a look at some F2P games that do give an advantage to paying customers and are successful:
Maple Story, Ace Online, Vindictus, Soldier Front, Combat Arms, Fiesta, Navy Field and there's plenty of others.

I'd go to mmosite and copy down all of the ones that give paying players an advantage, but I think you know how to read. Also, a lot of the games you listed are either P2P like WoW, or CD games that require you to buy it, like Starcraft II, which costs 60$, and quite frankly, I'm not going to pay 60$ to play Dawn of Fantasy.

So if you want Dawn of Fantasy to be free, it should give an advantage to paying customers, or chances are, it's not going to last too long on this market.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:16 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Kaos90 has a default reputation

I think that they should have micro transactions but they should be based on pure aesthetics like skins and such.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:44 AM
Elven Sect:
Warden

Guibaz has a default reputation

I prefer a montly fee but a PIN number card (adds X quantity of cash) ll be ok too.
micro transactions maybe ...

YES =)
Skins
Guild addons
quest itens
general map mov speed
+ race type
exclusive access to new areas
Relocate position
faction change
race change
server change

NO =/
+ gold
+ wood
+ food
+ unit boost

Last edited by Guibaz : 02-22-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:52 AM

Framer has a default reputation

in my personal experience so have microtransaction never been a good idea simply for the reson that the ppl that have mony to waste will always be on top of the person that do not feel like spending big bucks in a game to get a advantage towards the other players and this will quickly make the game boring for those players and they will therfor leave
Old 02-22-2011, 05:43 AM

Wesso has a default reputation

Why would a person make a thread about paying for the game after the original purchase? Do you actually want to pay for something every month?

Im also wondering why transactions are needed after the initial purchase, im pretty sure wow is making massive profits off its monthly fee, if i was ever to play wow i would expect new content every month, cos im paying every month. Warcraft 3 and starcraft 2 dont have monthly fees, why dont they and why does wow? and more importantly why does dawn of fantasy need these payments?
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dolas has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesso View Post
Why would a person make a thread about paying for the game after the original purchase? Do you actually want to pay for something every month?

Im also wondering why transactions are needed after the initial purchase, im pretty sure wow is making massive profits off its monthly fee, if i was ever to play wow i would expect new content every month, cos im paying every month. Warcraft 3 and starcraft 2 dont have monthly fees, why dont they and why does wow? and more importantly why does dawn of fantasy need these payments?

You do realize all the games you mentioned are from the same company? Wow makes enough profit for Blizzard that they could sell games for the next year for free and it wouldn't even dent their pockets. However, Warcraft 3 and starcraft 2 are rts games, they are not mmos. DoF is an mmorts and is Reverie Studio's first game, so they need someway to make money, because since it is a persistent world, they need to have updates and patches to keep the game fun and entertaining, whereas Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 do not need patches to still make money, they made money when the players bought the game (even though Blizzard still comes out with patches for these games because they like to keep everything updated, even though they do not make any money off of it).