Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Other Siege Methods - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 12:31 PM

Ezekiel has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveman View Post
Defenders should be able to pour boiling oil onto enemys who are using rams to break the gate, the they could shoot flaming arrows and immolate the attackers.
Im with this, all defences need some boiling oil =D
Old 02-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dolas has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchamp84 View Post
Somebody had already posted this idea before but, ill try to explain in detail.

Another type of siege technique that can be used is the digging under the enemy walls either and plant explosives under them to collapse them or tunnel right under them to get into the city. Now of course this type of attack would only be available to infantry due to the tunneling.

For the defensive side there are many methods of counter attacking this sort of attack. Firstly the defender could have upgrades built in his city such as strategically placing a boundary of heavy rocks around the wall in the ground potentially slowing down the digging process of the enemy.

Secondly the defender could have other upgrade such as ditches(MOATS) around the castle walls, stopping the defender from bringing in siege ladders and towers and even stopping the tunneling attack. Making the attack have to use other siege equipment to attack the walls.
I'm not sure that is the MOATS are implemented in the game but it would be a good idea.
I believe Stronghold 1 did a good job of implementing tunneling in siege warfare. Basically the tunneler builds a tunnel entrance and enters down the hole moving towards the wall. However, if the tunnel entrance is destroyed by enemy troops the tunnel will collapse and the tunneler will die. It was able to be abused a little bit in Stronghold 1 because there wasn't a range on how far the tunneler could travel (I could be wrong its been a while since I played stronghold). So if the tunneler had to dig his entrance like within 50 feet of the wall I don't see why this sort of thing wont work in DoF.

For example: the person laying the siege would set up a tunnel entrance 50 feet from the wall and the tunneler would start digging towards the defenders wall. However the defender sends out some cavalry that ride right up to the tunnel entrance and destroys the tunnel before the digger gets to the wall thus saving the wall from being destroyed.

Last edited by Dolas : 02-10-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

That could work, even if allowing the tunnel to be farther out - it would just encourage players to go out and attack their enemy. I.E. don't build long tunnels against orcs.. we'll probably just come out and get'cha anyway. I do see how it could possibly be abused though - but being able to build long tunnels (and having to watch from your walls as you can do nothing against it unless you leave the walls) does make sense.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

I am not really favoring the tunneling idea. I prefer someone sabotaging the gatehouse which is already possible.
But tunneling just don't like the idea
Old 02-16-2011, 12:19 AM

BloodOfDeath has a default reputation

Anyone else here reminded of Stronghold?