Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

World Domination - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2011, 04:31 PM

luizeba has a default reputation

World Domination is kinda strange in an online game. If you conquer everything, no one will play. No one playing, no one pay. No one paying, no game.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:01 PM

hawkravengold has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by luizeba View Post
World Domination is kinda strange in an online game. If you conquer everything, no one will play. No one playing, no one pay. No one paying, no game.
This is true if you think of it as a complete and total domination. If you consider at some point someone does dominate, then perhaps there should be some extreme disadvantage to that i.e. that they would have so much to keep track of, that they could only defend so many parts of their empire at once, plus players that are against the person that has taken control now are granted the ability to combine efforts to overthrow the person that has dominated the world while they are at a disadvantage of not being able to defend the entire world at once. Just a thought.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:29 PM

zhaoyun23 has a default reputation

I hope i do not get wiped out from the map...that would really succk :S It will be nice to have a protection system when after getting attacked and lost a few times you get protections from future attacks for a limited time. This can help less experienced players have some more time to catch up
Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

om3n has fair reputation

It's something that couple probably be solved with another instanced map. You could have another map with 30-50 tiles or so each with some kind of benefit to having. You could have those in a persistent state that players/alliances could fight for. It would allow to maintain the games mechanics and give a world domination feel while still keeping the game and world as-is.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation

Never loose hope in the concept thou, Kon did say "never" as far as world dominiation which in this case makes sense. But other ideas are out there and again if things go well after launch, one of my suggestions (can't spill my beans for free haha ) goes threw, well let's just say it is something along these lines and very very doable in the current build.

So eh, keep your hopes up on some kind of domination in the future, let's say I need to sell Kon and the team on it

*goes back into the shadows..... POOF!*

"The story you just went through in 10 min took a team of devs 100 days to make"
Old 02-12-2011, 08:55 PM

elielikesnow@hotmail.com has a default reputation

Very interesting. In a game as unique as Dawn of Fantasy, the features and the game play it possesses just makes it seem so possible for some reason.