Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Guild vs Guild - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

NobleIre has good reputation

I certainly agree with master0p that battles do not have to be utterly balanced. However, the fun may quickly be leeched from the game if weaker players can never survive long enough against the stronger alliances.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

EdwardTheGreat has a default reputation

Guilds or alliances, in my own opinions, sound like they would be very compelling and add a lot of strategy to this game. I personally don't know how battles would go down, as I am still fairly new, but I'd imagine you could overwelm your enemy with various flanks and strategies used by different members of the guild/alliance. I can also see it providing a thriving economy to the guild members, as one could always have someone to trade with. You could also assist friendlies in offensive and defensive operations, or flank retreating armies who failed to conquer a city, and then conquer that players city. Then again, I can see it being a nuisance to weaker players, but I guess one could counter that argument along the lines of the use of Social Darwinism? Overall, I think it would be a great idea, but certainly needs some unique aspects to it to work efficiently.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

I would find it entertaining to see allies arrive and turn the tides of battles. Streams of reinforcements arriving over the course of several hours depending on how far away your allies are vs the enemy's allies.

Perhaps they could put in a timer if allied armies can not arrive in X amount of time then they can not participate in the battle?
Old 02-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Custos has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounlin View Post
should be interesting to see how this feature plays out. On paper it sounds cool.
I've leaked my ideas into some of my other posts about territorial control for guild kingdom expansion, territorial control that will give benefits to the members. There is one game that is much like this, shattered galaxy if i remember its name correctly. Essentially people from 4 different factions fight over the battle map when one faction is destroyed the lost members join the other existing factions and the fight continues until one faction wins than the contested territories are reset. I realize a lot of people wont like this as they lose everything when their faction is destroyed or when the territories are reset. And generally yes the larger faction will win over the smaller ones. But putting in some npc filler between territories can and may slow the advance of factions to allow some development of smaller factions. Ultimately I posted that there should be a Reinforcements type of multiplayer map allowing people to connect when an allied army has been routed allowing for maybe a 3v3 battle to persistently continue until one side cant field enough replacement armies to hold the territory. I am uncertain if defeated armies have to be replenished or become unavailable to attack of X hours but its a thought. This would be largely for pvp.

The other option would be to have a coop style of kingdom development, where on a different server people take their kingdoms into a strictly coop server in which people battle AI, the AI gets progressively difficult as you push them back into their territories and require more cooperation. Maybe every once or twice a day have an AI incursion or attack upon the players in which they have to work together fend off AI invasions once again allowing for the reinforcements style of gameplay allowing more people to join the battle once an army has been routed. AI incursions would also give maybe a 1 hour notice or something of the like depending on how powerful the army is the notice would increase in time to allow more people to react accordingly. Defeat of territories would inflict and economic penalty or loss of some advantage, maybe even prestige.

These are ideas id like to see placed in a game, and is merely food for thought for the developers out there. Im sure what you're making is going to be fun, but if you want to take my idea i wont argue
Old 02-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Incivility has a default reputation
Default Alliances

Is there a cap on how many players you can have in your alliance? Can human's ally with orc or elves or any combo of the 3?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incivility View Post
Is there a cap on how many players you can have in your alliance? Can human's ally with orc or elves or any combo of the 3?
sure, i think your able to ally with elves or orcs when your human. Different racial background dont limit to whom you can form an alliance with.

Not sure about the cap, maybe someone else could answer that ^^
Old 02-11-2011, 03:32 PM

tribute has a default reputation

i am also interested in this